ADVERTISEMENT

English teacher's sexuality curriculum showing kids penis pics, ejaculation video has school approval

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
And school boards wonder why parents insist on being involved.

@sammyk ....What is it with you guys and your obsession with our children's sexuality and exposure to perversion? It's disgusting.

Also, it is the parents' job as to what and when our children are taught, regarding sex, not this pervert.

Leftists are destroying our country

LINK: A Pennsylvania English teacher said he included close-up photographs of penises, vulvas, as well as a video of a woman ejaculating in an optional sexuality class, according to an interview. The school told Fox News Digital they were standing by him.

Al Vernacchio is an English teacher at Friends’ Central School, a private school in Wynnewood. He also is involved in the sexuality curriculum, which expounds from children nursery through 12th grade, according to his website.

In his work as Sexuality Education Coordinator, Vernacchio teaches classes, organizes sexuality-themed programs and assemblies, and is one of the faculty advisors for the Gender and Sexual Orientation Alliance.

In an unearthed 2011 interview he gave to The New York Times Magazine, Vernacchio described his graphic lesson plans which he said have raised concerns outside the school. The teacher said his goal is to desensitize children to images of genitalia.
Al Vernacchio is an English teacher at Friends’ Central School

The Times reported, "The lessons that tend to raise eyebrows outside the school, according to Vernacchio, are a medical research video he shows of a woman ejaculating — students are allowed to excuse themselves if they prefer not to watch — and a couple of dozen up-close photographs of vulvas and penises. The photos, Vernacchio said, are intended to show his charges the broad range of what’s out there."

"It’s really a process of desensitizing them to what real genitals look like, so they’ll be less freaked out by their own and, one day, their partner’s," the teacher added.

Eleventh and 12th grade students were exposed to those lessons. Students had the option to opt out from viewing the nude images and parents sign off on enrollments.

The school said they stood firmly by their educator.

"Al Vernacchio is a nationally renowned and highly respected educator. It is disappointing that his work and our School are being miscast so thoroughly. Friends’ Central is committed to cultivating the intellectual, ethical and spiritual promise of our students, in a world that needs that more than ever," they said in a statement.

"What’s interesting, he added, is that both the boys and girls receive the photographs of the penises rather placidly but often insist that the vulvas don’t look ‘normal,'" the profile of Vernacchio continued.

"The students have no point of reference for what a normal, healthy vulva looks like, even their own," Vernacchio said.

Additionally, Vernacchio has commented on children in the context of "sexual beings."

"I'm responsible for the sexuality education of all of our students from our youngest students who are three years old in nursery school, up through our 12th graders who are turning 18 and getting ready to leave high school. That's a huge range, but every single one of those kids is a sexual being. They have been since birth," he said. "And at every age and stage, we can offer them age appropriate, transformative sexuality education."

"I'm only a small part of the village that supports them as they grow. It's not enough that I teach them. We have to teach them. Part of my message today is that we all, no matter what else we do in life, need to find a way to be sexuality educators for the kids in our lives. If we don't step up, others will. And many of those others don't see wholeness and freedom the way we do," he said. "One of the things we can celebrate today is how young people have so many more options to consider and simply whether they feel like a boy or a girl, or whether they identify as gay, straight or bisexual. Our understandings of both gender and orientation have greatly expanded in our culture, and there's an ever-increasing list of labels one can use to describe oneself."

He added, "What it's also brought about is greater latitude in experimenting with different identities. It's not uncommon today for young people to try out different labels and different pronouns and different relationships in search of their truth."

Last edited:
And school boards wonder why parents insist on being involved.

@sammyk ....What is with you guys and your obsession with our children's sexuality and exposure to perversion? It's disgusting.

Also, it is the parents' job as to what and when our children are taught, regarding sex, not this pervert.

Leftists are destroying our country

LINK: A Pennsylvania English teacher said he included close-up photographs of penises, vulvas, as well as a video of a woman ejaculating in an optional sexuality class, according to an interview. The school told Fox News Digital they were standing by him.

Al Vernacchio is an English teacher at Friends’ Central School, a private school in Wynnewood. He also is involved in the sexuality curriculum, which expounds from children nursery through 12th grade, according to his website.

In his work as Sexuality Education Coordinator, Vernacchio teaches classes, organizes sexuality-themed programs and assemblies, and is one of the faculty advisors for the Gender and Sexual Orientation Alliance.

In an unearthed 2011 interview he gave to The New York Times Magazine, Vernacchio described his graphic lesson plans which he said have raised concerns outside the school. The teacher said his goal is to desensitize children to images of genitalia.
Al Vernacchio is an English teacher at Friends’ Central School

The Times reported, "The lessons that tend to raise eyebrows outside the school, according to Vernacchio, are a medical research video he shows of a woman ejaculating — students are allowed to excuse themselves if they prefer not to watch — and a couple of dozen up-close photographs of vulvas and penises. The photos, Vernacchio said, are intended to show his charges the broad range of what’s out there."

"It’s really a process of desensitizing them to what real genitals look like, so they’ll be less freaked out by their own and, one day, their partner’s," the teacher added.

Eleventh and 12th grade students were exposed to those lessons. Students had the option to opt out from viewing the nude images and parents sign off on enrollments.

The school said they stood firmly by their educator.

"Al Vernacchio is a nationally renowned and highly respected educator. It is disappointing that his work and our School are being miscast so thoroughly. Friends’ Central is committed to cultivating the intellectual, ethical and spiritual promise of our students, in a world that needs that more than ever," they said in a statement.

"What’s interesting, he added, is that both the boys and girls receive the photographs of the penises rather placidly but often insist that the vulvas don’t look ‘normal,'" the profile of Vernacchio continued.

"The students have no point of reference for what a normal, healthy vulva looks like, even their own," Vernacchio said.

Additionally, Vernacchio has commented on children in the context of "sexual beings."

"I'm responsible for the sexuality education of all of our students from our youngest students who are three years old in nursery school, up through our 12th graders who are turning 18 and getting ready to leave high school. That's a huge range, but every single one of those kids is a sexual being. They have been since birth," he said. "And at every age and stage, we can offer them age appropriate, transformative sexuality education."

"I'm only a small part of the village that supports them as they grow. It's not enough that I teach them. We have to teach them. Part of my message today is that we all, no matter what else we do in life, need to find a way to be sexuality educators for the kids in our lives. If we don't step up, others will. And many of those others don't see wholeness and freedom the way we do," he said. "One of the things we can celebrate today is how young people have so many more options to consider and simply whether they feel like a boy or a girl, or whether they identify as gay, straight or bisexual. Our understandings of both gender and orientation have greatly expanded in our culture, and there's an ever-increasing list of labels one can use to describe oneself."

He added, "What it's also brought about is greater latitude in experimenting with different identities. It's not uncommon today for young people to try out different labels and different pronouns and different relationships in search of their truth."
Democrats wtf?
Kids probably can't balance a check book ...

Reactions: 30CAT
You guys are missing something very important from the article...

This is a PRIVATE school - not public. Obviously, by the parents paying for their children to be "educated" at this school, they are, by proxy, also agreeing with the curriculum that is taught.

I understand the whole holding teachers accountable and I agree wholeheartedly. But this isn't on Sammy or the teachers - most of whom only teach what they are forced to anyway.

Garbage like this, as well a whole range of other issues, begins with the failures of parents in the home - in which 90% plus are failures at making education THE priority in their home rather than A priority way down the list after such things as sports, travel, cell phones, social media, and the like.

Guess the OP didn't read his own article. This is a PRIVATE SCHOOL. So I guess vouchers aren't the answer.

Next time, read first.

Guess the OP didn't read his own article. This is a PRIVATE SCHOOL. So I guess vouchers aren't the answer.

Next time, read first.

LOL...You think this hasn't been happening at our public schools?

And I've read several articles of schools grooming children. Instead of cherry-picking this one, why haven't you reacted to the many others I've posted about?

Last edited:
LOL...You think this hasn't been happening at our public schools?

And I've read several articles of schools grooming children. Instead of cherry-picking this one, why haven't you reacted to the many others I've posted about?
Because this was your blatant attempt that counters the "vouchers will fix the problem".

All this crap is garbage. I'm not the one cherry-picking anything.

EDIT: Also, I'm not infatuated with school-sex articles. If it comes to my school, affects my own kids, then I will.

Because this was your blatant attempt that counters the "vouchers will fix the problem".

All this crap is garbage. I'm not the one cherry-picking anything.

Well, my post has nothing to do with vouchers. So you blatantly assumed wrong. It has to do with Leftist indoctrination of our children. You know...Drag shows for toddlers and such. Vouchers won't fix that $h!t. Americans standing up to what leftists are doing to our country is the only thing that will fix it.

Well, my post has nothing to do with vouchers. So you blatantly assumed wrong. It has to do with Leftist indoctrination of our children. You know...Drag shows for toddlers and such. Vouchers won't fix that $h!t. Americans standing up to what leftists are doing to our country is the only thing that will fix it.
Go read your responses in those other threads. Several made the claim about "public schools". You proved its widespread. Thanks!

Public schools are too busy allowing real drag shows in their classrooms. No need for videos.

Reactions: 30CAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT