ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia University Is Everything That’s Wrong With Higher Education Today

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
I probably couldn’t disagree more with this thesis. I think WVU should only offer majors and courses that can provide a reasonable return on investment. Most of our students aren’t trust-fund babies who can convert their degrees in gender studies to a lucrative position in their fathers’ companies.

I’d like to see WVU become a leader in value education. I’m grateful that WVU gave me an opportunity to get a quality education while working summers and during the school year, graduating without debt.

https://newrepublic.com/article/176...ersity-higher-education-enrollment-cliff-cuts

Last edited:
I probably couldn’t disagree more with this thesis. I think WVU should only offer majors and courses that can provide a reasonable return on investment. Most of our students aren’t trust-fund babies who can convert their degrees in gender studies to a lucrative position in their fathers’ companies.

I’d like to see WVU become a leader in value education. I’m grateful that WVU gave me an opportunity to get a quality education while working summers and during the school, graduating without debt.

https://newrepublic.com/article/176...ersity-higher-education-enrollment-cliff-cuts
they should teach math in high school. Spending 100grand on a education you can barely make 30grand a year at is foolish.
I remember when my kids was born I wanted them to go to college because I didn't. I paid for 3 diplomas and can't spell collage ...let alone go to one. Higher education is needed and good in many fields, just have a hard time seeing all the fields they offer at such a high cost . Anymore most couldn't get in without a curve and most wouldn't graduate if not for a curve .

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
they should teach math in high school. Spending 100grand on a education you can barely make 30grand a year at is foolish.
I remember when my kids was born I wanted them to go to college because I didn't. I paid for 3 diplomas and can't spell collage ...let alone go to one. Higher education is needed and good in many fields, just have a hard time seeing all the fields they offer at such a high cost . Anymore most couldn't get in without a curve and most wouldn't graduate if not for a curve .
Agreed. These stupid "music appreciation" type of degrees has got to go. It is just raising the cost of other tuition and fees.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Agreed. These stupid "music appreciation" type of degrees has got to go. It is just raising the cost of other tuition and fees.
I get the idea a person wants to learn about music, art and a whole host of things and taking a college course in it is a great thing if you can afford it . People also need to understand not all that makes their hearts happy will pay that well . If a person chooses a emotional career than they need to understand its for the love of the job not the money.

have you ever met an unemployed WVU graduate?

I haven't, not that there are not any. I just haven't met any. Maybe it has to do with the majors of those from WVU I am most aquatinted with. Whether in the alumni association meetings, Ruby, or the Dept. of Education, I haven't met a single person with a degree unemployed. Conversely, I haven't met a WVU grad with an music appreciation type degree either or one with those types of degrees from elsewhere, unemployed. Seems like my associations are with those that work, unless it's in a clinic.

And for those that complain I am not associating myself with those that don't work, outside of a free clinic, how should I go about that to satisfy the complaint?

I’d like to see WVU become a leader in value education. I’m grateful that WVU gave me an opportunity to get a quality education while working summers and during the school year, graduating without debt.

If anything, there’s probably too many people who shouldn’t be going to college majoring in foolishness and too many worthless fields of study. There needs to be some form of criteria that determines 1.) if the degree is required to gain employment in that profession, 2.) if the major equals a wage that warrants the investment in that school’s tuition cost

Unless you’re going into a major that will actually get you a good paying job, there’s no sense in going. Fields of study like fashion merchandising, computer graphics, etc should be at the local VoTech center or community center for a lot less money and offer a certification. Majors that do not equal jobs except to become a professor to teach that major are worthless.

Truthfully, universities probably should be cutting programs and getting back to the traditional fields of study.

If anything, there’s probably too many people who shouldn’t be going to college majoring in foolishness and too many worthless fields of study. There needs to be some form of criteria that determines 1.) if the degree is required to gain employment in that profession, 2.) if the major equals a wage that warrants the investment in that school’s tuition cost

Unless you’re going into a major that will actually get you a good paying job, there’s no sense in going. Fields of study like fashion merchandising, computer graphics, etc should be at the local VoTech center or community center for a lot less money and offer a certification. Majors that do not equal jobs except to become a professor to teach that major are worthless.

Truthfully, universities probably should be cutting programs and getting back to the traditional fields of study.
As should high schools.

I get the idea a person wants to learn about music, art and a whole host of things and taking a college course in it is a great thing if you can afford it . People also need to understand not all that makes their hearts happy will pay that well . If a person chooses a emotional career than they need to understand its for the love of the job not the money.
If a person wants to learn about music or art, it is simple.....easy.....and cheap........it is called.......YouTube!

https://twitter.com/goddeketal
Dr. Simon Goddek
https://twitter.com/goddeketal
@goddeketal

THE COLOSSAL DOWNFALL OF ACADEMIA

I obtained my PhD from one of the best universities in the world, but eventually lost my position there for questioning how the Covid PCR protocol publication managed to pass the peer-review process in less than one day.

To phrase it differently, this scenario is like your 90 years old grandmother challenging Usain Bolt to a 100m race and beating him by several seconds. The likelihood of this occurring is zero. Imagine that all sports experts would mock you if you contested the result, even though the facts are clear. The same scenario played out across all global 'elite universities.'

Despite the availability of facts and data, no institution dared to analyze them and draw conclusions that diverged from the political mainstream. The paramount question is why did not a single 'elite university' dare to remark that:

These Covid vaccines are 'gene therapies.'

These gene therapy vaccines contain bacterial DNA contamination, which has led to cancer in other gene therapy trials.

These gene therapies do not prevent infection.

These gene therapies do not halt the 'spread.'

These gene therapies have not been shown to have any clinical benefit.

These gene therapies have caused the most confirmed direct deaths in the history of any medical product.

These gene therapies do cause serious adverse events (SAEs) at a rate of at least 1 in 800, and are based on a sequence that has never been validated.

These gene therapies are solely a reaction to the PCR test pandemic fraud of 2020.

These gene therapies contain highly inflammatory liposomal nanoparticles (LNPs).

These gene therapies did not stop excess mortality.

So what are these 'elite universities' actually good for?
Indoctrination?
Creating modern slaves burdened with tens or hundreds of thousands in tuition fees?

One thing is for sure - schools and universities are no longer bastions of critical thinking, but rather tools of the elite to avoid critical thinkers.

Those who think critically are weeded out, like me, while those who constantly support the current narrative are promoted to professorships.

Brave new world!

Reactions: roadtrasheer
If a person wants to learn about music or art, it is simple.....easy.....and cheap........it is called.......YouTube!
Lot more to music and art than YouTube . If a person wants to chase that Dream I say Dream on and good luck . Unless you make it famous your not making much and that's fine as long as you understand this and pay your own loans off .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT