ADVERTISEMENT

Educate me

@PadraigMartin
1h··

Where can God be found?

So often I find myself in conversations regarding the existence of God Himself. It is often driven by human distinctions on "right" and "wrong." Individuals who have experienced deep personal loss... wives who have been betrayed... fathers who have buried their sons... The deep feeling of betrayal by a human definition of divine morality drives one to question the very existence of God Himself. For those whose sorrow or emptiness drives them toward questioning the very existence of God Himself, none of my words can fill that void. But I know where God can be found and it is there where those who have lost their faith can at least ask questions of which any mortal cannot even begin to answer.

God can be found in that first cry of a baby born. I know the powerful emotions that swept through my heart when I held each of my children in their first seconds of this world. God was there.

God can be found in human kindness. The desire to help those in need. A compulsion so great that the sacrifice brings joy, not pain.

God can be found in an ocean breeze, a playground, or the swinging arms of a parent, absorbing every giggle from his child enjoying the moment.

God can be found in the quiet moments with your wife, sitting on a couch, just the two of you.

God can be found amongst friends having supper, enjoying playful banter and deep conversations.

God can be found in the Heavens above, when the lights are out, and the night sky builds a canopy of stars.

God can be found in a broken heart, healing through the pains of old and the promise of a new beginning.

God can be found during those moments when your baby lies on your chest, sighs, and you breathe in her little exhale.

God is life. Jesus is life. Simply enjoy life.

Y'all stay blessed.

1d9825e9cb99f6e3.png

Reactions: roadtrasheer
elisestefanik
·
8h

Inflation is a tax on ALL Americans.

It has increased every month of Joe Biden’s presidency and is costing Americans OVER $5,000 this year.

Which policies? Remember when the price of oil went to zero in April 2020? by August that year active rig counts had been halved....supply/demand is your major contributor to gas prices. The stock market has been on an historic run peaking in early January and now it's in correction mode. It can't keep going up continuously. The pandemic (and pandemic spending) and subsequent supply chain backup have been a major factors with inflation.

Elevated inflation has been driven by supply chain disruptions and pent-up consumer demand for goods as the Covid-19 pandemic wanes. The hope is that should these issues resolve themselves, the Fed may not have as much work to do on the inflation front.

Why Is Inflation So High?
Expensive energy to drive down its use
Continue stimulus when stock is short in supply
Labor shortages for small businesses
Increased crime, shoplifting and diseases from open borders and weak prosecution of offenders

Those policies. 🥵

Expensive energy to drive down its use
Continue stimulus when stock is short in supply
Labor shortages for small businesses
Increased crime, shoplifting and diseases from open borders and weak prosecution of offenders

Those policies. 🥵
I explained high energy prices, they're not a policy or EO and they will come back down when supply increases again. No idea what your second sentence is saying. Yes, low unemployment is a goal of this admin and they are succeeding. Not sure what your problem is with low unemployment. The rest is an incoherent rant, well actually all of it but thanks for sharing your feelings.

Thanks for asking, glad to help. Any Dem POTUS is better than a Repub. Repubs love to drive the planet bus over the cliff with greenhouse gasses/pollution while Dems and the rest of the world see what's happening and are trying to help. Dems care about all the people while Repubs can't make the wealth gap greater quickly enough. Repubs are antivaxxers and don't care about public health. Dems care about democracy and the right to vote while Repubs do not and not only made up an election fraud narrative, they are taking (or trying to) advantage of the Big LIe to make it harder to vote and want to have election results thrown out if they don't like who won by making new state laws. Joe passed the infrastructure plan (something Trump couldn't do) so we can build back our crumbling roads, etc. with lots of well paying jobs if they can find the workers with unemployment so low. Thank goodness for Ukraine's sake that Joe is in power since he supports NATO unlike his predecessor who still has a crush on Putin as evidenced by his statements since the war started. Joe could do much more if Repubs would quit standing in the way of American progress which they hope to do even more so if they gain some advantage in the fall.

Joe Biden's 7 Biggest Achievements During His First Year as President
Thanks for offering the comments. Correct me if I’m wrong, but my reaction to those comments is that they are essentially political talking points, not specific life/country improvements from legislation & ex orders. Some of my concerns;
- the efforts to restrict natural gas production moves power plants to coal to generate our energy needs. Seems like this will deteriorate air quality, not improve it
- keystone pipeline would have provided Cdn oil to global markets & relieve demand currently supported by the US. The freed US oil production can be used to reduce our purchases & costs at the pump.
- the Mueller & Durham investigations showing the media Russia hysteria was a politically based lie. Even with legal proof, the perpetrators are being given a pass on accountability. That should scare anybody in this country. Dems have the media & control the narrative, but karma has a way of leveling the playing field. Any doubt Reps won’t want to extract their revenge when that influence shifts? Scary
- Hunter’s computer quickly dismissed as mis-info when the story broke. Now, there has been confirmation from a couple liberal sources the computer & info on it are real. Essentially crickets from the media reporting or simply investigating.
- china, russia, iran, n korea were not firing missles, threatening the use of nuclear weapons, invading an independent country, threatening to invade another. A respected country prevents these kind of threats. How is the current admin doing vs the condition it inherited?
- there isn’t enough time to elaborate on border security, crime, vaccine mandates & the deaths from the vaccine that have been suppressed, paying workers to stay home, paying bazillions to climate change with no real goals defined (a degree or two in an undefined timeline) or involvement of the worst world polluters, etc.
These are some of the examples I’m seeing that says the US is on the express train to the septic tank. Any action by this admin that has improved on the situation inherited?

Thanks for offering the comments. Correct me if I’m wrong, but my reaction to those comments is that they are essentially political talking points, not specific life/country improvements from legislation & ex orders. Some of my concerns;
- the efforts to restrict natural gas production moves power plants to coal to generate our energy needs. Seems like this will deteriorate air quality, not improve it
- keystone pipeline would have provided Cdn oil to global markets & relieve demand currently supported by the US. The freed US oil production can be used to reduce our purchases & costs at the pump.
- the Mueller & Durham investigations showing the media Russia hysteria was a politically based lie. Even with legal proof, the perpetrators are being given a pass on accountability. That should scare anybody in this country. Dems have the media & control the narrative, but karma has a way of leveling the playing field. Any doubt Reps won’t want to extract their revenge when that influence shifts? Scary
- Hunter’s computer quickly dismissed as mis-info when the story broke. Now, there has been confirmation from a couple liberal sources the computer & info on it are real. Essentially crickets from the media reporting or simply investigating.
- china, russia, iran, n korea were not firing missles, threatening the use of nuclear weapons, invading an independent country, threatening to invade another. A respected country prevents these kind of threats. How is the current admin doing vs the condition it inherited?
- there isn’t enough time to elaborate on border security, crime, vaccine mandates & the deaths from the vaccine that have been suppressed, paying workers to stay home, paying bazillions to climate change with no real goals defined (a degree or two in an undefined timeline) or involvement of the worst world polluters, etc.
These are some of the examples I’m seeing that says the US is on the express train to the septic tank. Any action by this admin that has improved on the situation inherited?
If you are waiting for any board democrat to logically refute anything you posted, good luck .
I have asked them numerous times to explain how Democrats is better for the working class ...crickets..
On the keystone they will claim it wouldn't be ready now even if Biden didnt stop it , ignoring that had Obama not stopped it , it would be in full production. Dems will ignore all the green agenda stuff we do wont make a hill of beans if we keep getting shit made & shipped from countries that dont give a crap

Reactions: WVU82
There you said it and you feel better now.

There you said it and you feel better now.
I offered concrete examples of what I am seeing that says life is/getting worse with this admin. Honestly want to understand what the 35%-40% are seeing that says their lives & the future of this country are better now. Not political slogans & talking points, but actual results & facts. Educate me, I really want to understand.

I offered concrete examples of what I am seeing that says life is/getting worse with this admin. Honestly want to understand what the 35%-40% are seeing that says their lives & the future of this country are better now. Not political slogans & talking points, but actual results & facts. Educate me, I really want to understand.
See post #10. There's not much to say to someone who longs for the days of Trump.

Its getting worse for some and getting better for others just like it has been for awhile now. Everyone that wants a job has a job. I can't hire enough people in certain positions, which is limiting the growth of my company. The company is still doing well, and I don't necessarily need to grow, but it sure would be nice. So, although its an issue, I can't really "complain" about how well things are going. That is a good problem to have.

The other issue is that salaries are going up. Again, another issue I'm intimately familiar w/. Hurts my margins a bit, because I can't simply increase my rates. But certainly not a bad thing for the employees.

You can argue that salaries are being outpaced by inflation. That is a big issue. The salaries are going to stay where they are or continue to increase. That cat is out of the bag...salaries are not going to decrease. Although, inflation is temporary...even if it lasts another couple of years it will eventually stop. So, that will even itself out.

And a President, whether it be Trump, Biden, or whoever else, has limited ability to change inflation. That is a result of COVID, worldwide supply chain disruption, and a million other things. No one person can change that. Biden will certainly be blamed for inflation as the sitting President and that is the way things work. Same thing would happen to any Republican President. As I said, I don't believe that is entirely just, but it is what it is. But that doesn't mean it should all fall on Biden's shoulders. That is a simpleton's argument.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT