ADVERTISEMENT

Early Bowl Projections.........

BurninDownTheCouch

All-Conference
Jan 16, 2006
Saint Albans
Where are you Moo guys predicted, and who do they have you playing? Is there a fast food chain that has started a new bowl this year? "Hank's Hamburgers Bowl"? "Barney's Bean Burritos Bowl"? "Wanda's Watercress Sandwiches Bowl"? "Mike's Milk-toast Bowl"?

ESPN's Brett McMurphy still has West Virginia in the Russell Athletic Bowl, but this time around has them playing Florida State (instead of Georgia Tech). That game would be played on December 29th in Orlando with a 5:30PM ET kick on ESPN. Schlabach kept his picks the same, with the Mountaineers playing Missouri in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl. That would be the next game on ESPN that day, kicking off at 9:00PM. The Russell Athletic Bowl would pick third or fourth (depending on how many Big12 teams make Committee Bowls), while the Texas Bowl gets the next pick.

ESPN's full projections can be seen HERE.

CBSSports' Jerry Palm and SBNation's Jason Kirk are holding strong in their picks from last week. Both have West Virginia in the Russell Athletic Bowl. Palm has the Mountaineers playing Notre Dame, while Kirk has them facing off with Florida State.

Campus Insiders' Pete Fiutak joined the fun this week, and he also sees West Virginia going to Orlando, although he believes they will play Georgia Tech.

With the Ohio loss in week 2 they are already assigned to 'insert a nobody cares' bowl game

I'd really like to play Texas, ISU or Kansas but the chances seem remote! I guess Temple would be OK been awhile since we bitch slapped the Owls!

If you play this year, you'll probably be saying that again next year.

And, why would you want to play the dregs and "grease fires" of the B12? Be like us longing to play Indiana, Purdue, or Illinois. Be careful what you wish for wanting to play Texas. They're still Texas with 4 and 5 star athletes up and down the lineup. 2 star guys don't match up real well against 4 and 5 star guys, regardless who is coaching them. You wouldn't fare well against Texas, firstly, on size and speed issues. Ohio U, I hear, dominated your defensive line. I'd have to think both of Texas' lines would be a huge mismatch for you guys.

Some amusing bowl smack coming from the team with a losing bowl record.

What are you, 14-19? Almost as bad as your record since joining the Big Xii.

readImage

Some amusing bowl smack coming from the team with a losing bowl record.

What are you, 14-19? Almost as bad as your record since joining the Big Xii.

readImage
At 0-12 it makes you wonder how any marshall fan can try and talk smack to a wvu fan

Reactions: CT Mountaineer
With a 9-3 bowl record vs the Errs record of 14-19, its a wonder how any WVu fan can try and talk bowl smack to a Marshall fan.
We didn't play mid majors in bowls like Pee Wee Marshall did... We are 3-0 in BCS games. What are you?

With a 9-3 bowl record vs the Errs record of 14-19, its a wonder how any WVu fan can try and talk bowl smack to a Marshall fan.

So you are trying to give a team crap that has won more bowls than you have even played in?

Marshall logic at work.

Why don't you throw in how you have far less NCAA tourney losses than WVU while you are at it.

So you are trying to give a team crap that has won more bowls than you have even played in?

Marshall logic at work.

So, you expect everyone to just forget about all of those damn losses? I'll bet everyone else with shitty bowl records would like that also.

WVu logic at work

So basically you are saying you have no come back.

Well, if you're OK with only counting wins, then I guess it's cool.

But then again, that's been the Ear's M.O. since joining the Big Xii. You guys supposedly no longer care if you win, because you'd rather get paid for getting your asses kicked.

But then again, that's been the Ear's M.O. since joining the Big Xii. You guys supposedly no longer care if you win, because you'd rather get paid for getting your asses kicked.

Still weak. Try again.

Okay, since losses are important to you, then I guess you should be reminded of The Blundering Terd's 530 losses all-time compared to WVU's 476 all-time.

In terms of winning percentages, that equates to an all-time winning percentage of .519 for Marshla and .598 for WVU.

Once again, celebrating the success of others over WVU since you can't celebrate your own teams success over wvu. That must suck

Why don't we simplify things? Just get back to us when ya'll win a bowl that matters and we'll talk about bowl records like peers.

-Duuuuuur

Reactions: mtn1neer
Okay, since losses are important to you, then I guess you should be reminded of The Blundering Terd's 530 losses all-time compared to WVU's 476 all-time.

In terms of winning percentages, that equates to an all-time winning percentage of .519 for Marshla and .598 for WVU.

The Ear's all time winning percentage was argued on Titm several times. It was proven that WVu's wins were greatly inflated by playing a significant percentage of teams like the Mahoning Cycle Club.

It's no surprise mountaineer football has seen only mediocre success when playing against stronger competition. In the days of the old Big East, you guys were good for a stellar season about once a decade. The Big East waters down and bam, consistent success.

You joined the Big Xii and, prior to the start of this season, you were 18-20. Me thinks it will be more of the same unless there are more conference realignments and the Big Xii loses its top members.

The Ear's all time winning percentage was argued on Titm several times. It was proven that WVu's wins were greatly inflated by playing a significant percentage of teams like the Mahoning Cycle Club.

It's no surprise mountaineer football has seen only mediocre success when playing against stronger competition. In the days of the old Big East, you guys were good for a stellar season about once a decade. The Big East waters down and bam, consistent success.

You joined the Big Xii and, prior to the start of this season, you were 18-20. Me thinks it will be more of the same unless there are more conference realignments and the Big Xii loses its top members.

It's funny how every argument you attempt to make comes down to essentially you saying in various forms, "Oh yeah, well somebody else beat you."

And you make that argument simply because you can't make the claim that mar-shan't has ever beaten WVU.

But you go ahead and keep bragging about somebody else's accomplishments though. That's why all marshit fans have fallback teams like Ohio State in football or Kentucky in basketball.

I am just glad we don't have to live vicariously through any other fanbase's accomplishments like you do.

Since you question our pedigree, then I will post all the power 5 teams we have wins over and you post whatever list of teams you want to thump your chest over that Marshall has beaten and let's see whose list is more impressive.

WVU has wins over...

Auburn
Baylor
Boston College
California
Clemson
Colorado
Duke
Florida
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Kentucky
Louisville
Maryland
Miami (FL)
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Missouri
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Purdue
Rutgers
South Carolina
Syracuse
Texas
Texas Christian
Texas Tech
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

You're up. Who you got on your list?

You mean like Marshall getting paid to get its ass kicked to the tune of 0-12?

Since you question our pedigree, then I will post all the power 5 teams we have wins over and you post whatever list of teams you want to thump your chest over that Marshall has beaten and let's see whose list is more impressive.

WVU has wins over...

Auburn
Baylor
Boston College
California
Clemson
Colorado
Duke
Florida
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Kentucky
Louisville
Maryland
Miami (FL)
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Missouri
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Purdue
Rutgers
South Carolina
Syracuse
Texas
Texas Christian
Texas Tech
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

Marshall's biggest wins are:

Kansas State's second string
Maryland's second string
Michigan State's second string
Temple

WVU has wins over...

Auburn
Baylor
Boston College
California
Clemson
Colorado
Duke
Florida
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Kentucky
Louisville
Maryland
Miami (FL)
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Missouri
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Purdue
Rutgers
South Carolina
Syracuse
Texas
Texas Christian
Texas Tech
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

Can't wait for his reply. I love short stories

WVU's record for the first three years in the Big XII = 18-20 with two bowl games.
Moo U's record for the first three years in CUSA = 12-23 with no bowls.

[jumpingsmile]

Orange, Fiesta, Sugar Bowl trophies are sitting in Morgantown if you would like to go see them.

Well let's see: Motor City Bowl, GMAC Bowl, Fort Worth Bowl, Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl (I'm sure you saw Laverne & Shirley there), St. Petersburg Bowl, Military Bowl and Boca Bowl. That's quite a line up to be bragging about compared to the likes of the multiple appearances in the Sugar, Fiesta, Orange, Peach, Sun, Gator, Liberty, etc.

BTW, of the 33 Bowl games WVU has played in only TWO were not against current Power 5 Conference Teams.

Of the 11 Bowls Moo U has played, only 4 were against current Power 5 Conference Teams.

Not to mention WVU is 12-0 against the Herd. Not that that counts for anything in your world of twisted facts and altered reality.

2068230.jpg

Reactions: 30CAT and mtn1neer

WVU has wins over...

Auburn
Baylor
Boston College
California
Clemson
Colorado
Duke
Florida
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Illinois