ADVERTISEMENT

Double standard

Wasn’t a shot at you at all. Well, do you drive a Prius or Lesbaru, wear slacks and a polo shirt, have one of those “peace” stickers that is made of all the religious symbols, have a “I’m with Her” bumper sticker, and prefer chardonnay to bourbon?

If that’s you, I don’t think it is, but if it is, ooof.
I drive a minivan though.....I did however prevent the Coexist sticker my wife wanted to put on the back. Not a bourbon man, but I prefer vodka, beer, and tequila. I hate jeans (but really all pants in general — due to my full body Appalachian sweater I’m always wearing).....and I have nothing against collared shirts (but I never liked the actual polo brand).

So....I’m guessing I’m ranging in the middle somewhere? Eh....I’m pretty confident in my cockpit.

I drive a minivan though.....I did however prevent the Coexist sticker my wife wanted to put on the back. Not a bourbon man, but I prefer vodka, beer, and tequila. I hate jeans (but really all pants in general — due to my full body Appalachian sweater I’m always wearing).....and I have nothing against collared shirts (but I never liked the actual polo brand).

So....I’m guessing I’m ranging in the middle somewhere? Eh....I’m pretty confident in my cockpit.
No hate on the minivan. While we don’t own one, mostly due to the wife hating them, they are functional as hell.

And it is the coexist sticker. Grrrrr, I want to walk up and smack them in the mouth and tell them we should just coexist.

Reactions: Boomboom521
No hate on the minivan. While we don’t own one, mostly due to the wife hating them, they are functional as hell.

And it is the coexist sticker. Grrrrr, I want to walk up and smack them in the mouth and tell them we should just coexist.
Yeah, I’m not a fan of drawing attention to yourself

Remember, this whole exchange got kicked up by the board’s most aggressive poster attacking me for my beliefs unsolicited.

Why was it an "attack" on you to simply explain how you would rear your Daughters about Sexuality in their teens? You say you have Spiritual beliefs that are different, yet when asked to defend or explain them you simply get righteously indignant over even being questioned about them!

I was genuinely curious how a Dad who sees or views no moral absolutes teaches any type of morality about Sex to young eager teenage girls? I was genuinely interested in hearing your take on that...then you got all huffy accusing me of "got-cha" questions or acting "superior".

Why not just explain yourself?

Last edited:
@Boomboom521 earlier in this thread you demanded an answer from @DvlDog4WVU on how Christians are "persecuted" or feel restricted from practicing their Faith and you got his "mic drop" answer then of course refused to consider the validity of what he and others clearly pointed out to you.

I also asked you in this thread called "double standard" the question below which I have also asked several on the Left recently and you STILL have not responded. (no one else has either) Now, we on the Right already know how much you folks on the Left absolutely hate Trump and you think that's all you'll need to win back Congress...but why do you get to insist on answers to your questions from us on the Right yet you refuse to answer our questions? Read my question again and please provide an answer? Otherwise, don't insist on answers to your own questions like you did with @DvlDog4WVU. That's a "double standard" which is the point this thread.

What is the major legislative agenda item the Democrats will win back the House on this the Fall? You know...the "big Blue Wave"? What two or three major initiatives will voters expect Dems to accomplish should they send them to Congress to top Trump's current legislative agenda?

Last edited:
you can’t give me the respect to tell me exactly how MY beliefs threaten their beliefs ?

1. The Govt being weaponized against them for starters....and nothing happened to the culprits.

2. ACA was an assault on the religious beliefs, remember Sandra Fluke and the birth control debate?

3. Outright demonizing Christianity and hell, Republicans, by progressive liberals. I see and hear it all the time at surrounding tables within the city.

4. The whole transgender debate.

5. Assaulting Christianty at every turn, prayer, on money, Christmas, Easter, etc.

6. Gay Marriage trumping religious liberty

7. The whole narrative is crafted to put religious conservatism in a negative light.

8. My personal fav, trying to compare Islamic extremism to Christianity as a means to negate radical Islam’s extreme danger to society. Love this one.

I could go on and on.
giphy.gif

I had to drive one of those as a loaner a few weeks ago. I felt the need for tofu at lunch, too. Glad it was only for a day.

Hey now... I really liked our Prius. :) Nothing better than filling up for under $30 and driving around getting 50 MPG.

Granted. We got one to save money... I could give two shits about emissions when it come to my vehicles.

Reactions: atlkvb
Hey now... I really liked our Prius. :) Nothing better than filling up for under $30 and driving around getting 50 MPG.

Granted. We got one to save money... I could give two shits about emissions when it come to my vehicles.

You will be amazed at the new models featuring "hybrid" technology that will be offered starting in 2019. We're talking in excess of 75 MPG for certain models! This btw is all that drives consumers making purchases on fuel efficient vehicles...they could care less about emissions unless it limits the vehicle's performance.

Last edited:

My stepdaughter's Civic is fairly good on mileage, sporty, and I don't feel I have to drink soy when I drive it.

My stepdaughter's Civic is fairly good on mileage, sporty, and I don't feel I have to drink soy when I drive it.

Some of the engineering in gasoline powered cars is producing amazing mpg results. Things like variably timed valve proportioning and piston operations, auto shut off during engine idle, reduced torque at cruising range, speed timed automatic reductions of cylinder operations, shift power on demand, sequential multi-port fuel injection regulators, Automatic turbo charging and electronic air-to-fuel mixtures, as well as use of special high durability polymer filters, body composites, aluminum instead of cast iron blocks and cylinder heads, and lightweight unibody construction to reduce weight and improve fuel economy. All of these things make the cars cost more, and arguably more complicated to service, but the results in terms of improving both power & fuel economy often times with only 4 cylinder engines is spectacular!

Like I said, scoff.

You called it. That's all he did when given answers to his questions was scoff at the legitimate responses offered simply because he doesn't agree with them! Then he proceeded to offer his own explanations that we of course are supposed to agree with. So only his answers or interpretations are valid, ours of course are just "hate".

Double standard.

You will be amazed at the new models featuring "hybrid" technology that will be offered starting in 2019. We're talking in excess of 75 MPG for certain models! This btw is all that drives consumers making purchases on fuel efficient vehicles...they could care less about emissions unless it limits the vehicle's performance.
Don't hear a lot of emissions complaints from environmentalists who fly around the world in their jets and drive the streets in large(look how important I am) SUVs....

Don't hear a lot of emissions complaints from environmentalists who fly around the world in their jets and drive the streets in large(look how important I am) SUVs....

Correct! Some of the biggest "carbon footprints" are left by 'Limousine Liberals' riding around in their expensive horseless carriages and fancy fixed wing private flying machines!

Roseanne Barr should have been fired what she said was racist. But why do you always hear her referred to as a strong Trump supporter and Harvey Weinstein who was just arrested and charged with rape is never referred to as a Clinton/Obama Democrat campaign bundler?

Why does the media feel it's necessary to remind its audience of Roseanne Barr's political affiliations but ignore Harvey Weinstein's?

The only reason that Clinton and Obama come into the picture is because the Righties keep bringing them up as negavtivity deflectors to offset or eliminate Lefty opposition.

The only reason that Clinton and Obama come into the picture is because the Righties keep bringing them up as negavtivity deflectors to offset or eliminate Lefty opposition.

Maybe. I think most folks on the right are just upset the Clintons got away with so much and they want to see some sort of Justice done so they don't feel so abused as much as they were by those two!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT