ADVERTISEMENT

Doesn't look good for a season now

There are some fanatics that would go to a 60,000 filled-stadium right now to watch a game.

But for the sake of argument, let's say things reopen and their is a season...how many are going to be hesitant about going anywhere near large crowds again?
I am in a high risk age group and if I had the opportunity to go see a game this fall I would go. If I can't do thing the things I love then Life becomes meaningless.

There are some fanatics that would go to a 60,000 filled-stadium right now to watch a game.

But for the sake of argument, let's say things reopen and their is a season...how many are going to be hesitant about going anywhere near large crowds again?

I was talking to my father about this very point. He thinks >95% will snap back like a rubber band and pack arenas, concerts, restaurants, bars...pretty much anything crowded but I'm not so sure. I sure hope that happens because of the jobs and economic activity associated with those things but gun to my head, I'm just not sure it will be the same as it was before all of this. Most of us don't seem to question the "random" TSA searches and required footwear removal anymore at airports so if that can be normalized, maybe avoiding crowds for a significant portion of the country (+/- 10%) could also happen? Greg, you're a business guy...what do you think?

It'll return back to normal. Slowly at first, then a little more at every event (whatever that event is) until Covid makes its comeback (barring its knocked out or so by the summer/early fall). It'll return as people are forced to congregate back together again as the weather turns bad but people won't heed the warnings like they are now. The second round won't be as bad as the first. It'll get knocked out and come back again likely in the early spring of next year where warnings will largely go unheeded.

Politicians of both parties at every level (but especially at the federal) will be blamed because the American populace consists of idiots that think the government is the cause and effect to every ill in America.

Basically the status quo.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Does anyone else not care that our Right to Assembly has been revoked?

If we gather in groups, we can be arrested.....

If we gather to protest our orders, we can be charged with a crime.

Right now I can be fined if I take my kids to a playground...that I pay for with my tax dollars, at a school that is closed, but is still paying the teachers, who arent really working....

I am in a high risk age group and if I had the opportunity to go see a game this fall I would go. If I can't do thing the things I love then Life becomes meaningless.

Are you serious? Without the external thrill of sitting in a crowd watching a sporting event then your life would be meaningless? Wow.

Right now...to keep my wife and family safe from catching a virus with no cure from a bunch of yahoos who think it is a joke...it doesn't bother me at all.

Right now...to keep my wife and family safe from catching a virus with no cure from a bunch of yahoos who think it is a joke...it doesn't bother me at all.

So its all about you...

And if the govt took all of our guns, there would never be a school shooting..

We should void the constitution to keep you from getting sick? Everyone should lose their jobs?

What other constitutional rights should we suspend to keep you comfortable, sir?

Last edited:
Reactions: OlegeezEER
Give up your guns, renounce your religion....its 2020 and there is a virus.

Rootmaster, the Ultimate Snowflake.

Give up your guns, renounce your religion....its 2020 and there is a virus.

Rootmaster, the Ultimate Snowflake.

He just disagrees with you. Rootmaster is older than a snowflake and probably has a lot of life experience that many of us do not have. Let's stop being such assholes on this board with people who disagree with us. I like a lot of your posts Darth but let's all just try to be a smidge nicer than we were in our previous board lives...might make for a better board overall.

Reactions: Rootmaster
He just disagrees with you. Rootmaster is older than a snowflake and probably has a lot of life experience that many of us do not have. Let's stop being such assholes on this board with people who disagree with us. I like a lot of your posts Darth but let's all just try to be a smidge nicer than we were in our previous board lives...might make for a better board overall.

He is the biggest asshole on this message board. All he does is provoke and insult people. WTF are you talking about?

Did he give you a new collar in your Easter basket?

LittleDarthy...oh little one...let's talk 2nd amendment. As a veteran who has fired wespons in conflict...and had incoming ...and am a lifetime member of the NRA...a firearms instructor ...a practicing competitive shooter....shut the f up dweeb.

LittleDarthy...oh little one...let's talk 2nd amendment. As a veteran who has fired wespons in conflict...and had incoming ...and am a lifetime member of the NRA...a firearms instructor ...a practicing competitive shooter....shut the f up dweeb.

So which Constitutional Rights are you comfortable sacrificing when you get sick, besides the 1st?

Are you serious? Without the external thrill of sitting in a crowd watching a sporting event then your life would be meaningless? Wow.
Why wouldn't I be serious? If you can't enjoy the things you love then what is there to look forward too. I am sure if this message board would cease to exist your life would be less meaningful. you would have one less avenue to bitch.

You are so tough...

Until you might get sick.

Then you surrender...

Big snowflake.

I tee it up for ya. When I go to a Pitt game I have nothing to worry about. I still can’t believe Golf doesn’t have tourneys without fans. My brother in law is playing golf in Orlando 4 days per week. He’s a dentist and is done til May 6th I believe. Maybe it’s the money because the pros can play in twosomes and wear masks if they want to wear them. First sport back will get incredible ratings.

Right now I can be fined if I take my kids to a playground...that I pay for with my tax dollars, at a school that is closed, but is still paying the teachers, who arent really working....

Very good points, indeed.

First, I would argue your right to assembly has NOT been revoked. People are still free to assemble. There has been no arrest that I'm aware of any group of people who have assembled, in protest nor any other form.

People are CHOOSING to follow a stay in place, they aren't FORCED to follow it. There really is nothing constitutionally that can be done to you. Ownership of the land does come into play. If the government, whatever level, owns said property they can determine who enters or doesn't in a state of emergency. However, for your private property, the government really has no say.

Yes, you may be fined if you take your kid onto a playground owned by the government at a government school. Not on a private school lot that allows you to enter but government funded property, yes. Teachers are still getting paid because most of them that I am aware are still providing services to students - just not in the government-funded school building. Think internet services, zoom, etc. Nevertheless, its a perk that comes with working for the government I guess. I hear its a rewarding gig if you can get it - if you ask them.

Still, if its important to you, go for it. Governments trample on the rights of citizens every day. Stand up for your rights - if you don't nobody else will.

The reason government at all levels are getting involved is because of two reasons: they are constitutionally responsible and they are the ones held responsible.

First, at the federal level, in the preamble it states the federal government has the responsibility of promoting the general welfare and securing the blessings of liberty for its citizens. At the state and local levels, after education, their primary responsibilities are the protections of our health, safety, and welfare.

Events like this, whether this be a pandemic, biologic attack, terrorist attack, etc. that affect the lives of many people simultaneously stress those responsibilities. There simply isn't enough people, supplies, etc. to counter something of this magnitude. That's why Trump gets blamed. That's why Cuomo et. al. are held responsible. It would be happening no matter who's in office - it just happened to fall under their watch.

We are naturally lucky here. We have no large cities where this can spread quickly. We naturally are socially distant people who stay by ourselves and only get involved if asked or needed. That's why it isn't as bad here.

Yet, if one of your family members gets this and dies, the blame doesn't fall on the person who didn't stay home and who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or come into contact with someone who has it. The blame goes to Trump, Justice, or Sheriff Joe Blow for not stopping XYZ from killing our family.

Its a chance and a choice that people have to make. Just make sure that whatever happens, the blame falls where it should.

I respect that geez
I don't know how much time I have left on this earth but what little time there is I would rather enjoy myself. I like going to football games and cheering on the home side. I like going to the club house to have a beer and a bite to eat with the boys. I like going to opening day to watch the D Backs. I like watching my grandson skate board which he can't do anymore because they fenced up the park because the kids ignored the closed sign because of covid. These are a few of the things that I am missing out on. The things we used to take for granite are prohibited. Even though I am in the high risk group age wise I would rather enjoy life then live like a rat in a cage.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Just curious root why the change of heart? I remember reading some of your posts a few weeks back supporting Desantis's decision not to close Florida beaches to spring breakers. Since you live in Florida that decision more than anything would have put you and your family's life in danger. What's different today than a few weeks ago?

It'll return back to normal. Slowly at first, then a little more at every event .

This is what I am thinking, too.
But then I think about how attendance had declined for 6 straight years before CV.
So fans slowly coming back... as attendance was already declining... I don't know.

Maybe 5 years from now we are watching games in soldout stadiums - and this will seem like a bad dream we once had.

I also think it may never be the same.
Maybe fewer P5 teams? Maybe stadiums remove seats - like NASCAR has done. I don't know.

Just curious root why the change of heart? I remember reading some of your posts a few weeks back supporting Desantis's decision not to close Florida beaches to spring breakers. Since you live in Florida that decision more than anything would have put you and your family's life in danger. What's different today than a few weeks ago?

You must have either been in a dream state or under the influence of too many pints at the ole pub. Actually he should have walled the beaches off before the idiots got here.

You must have either been in a dream state or under the influence of too many pints at the ole pub. Actually he should have walled the beaches off before the idiots got here.
I would say you're the one who had too many pints. Desantis didn't close the beach's until he felt political pressure to do so. Even then he resisted to do so. You yourself said that you welcomed the spring breakers in another thread. You're just exposing yourself as the hypocrite you are by your denial.

Rootcanal is a scumbag .

Doesn't deserve your pity

Your vocabulary is so small you can’t even come up with your own material haha. There’s only one site scumbag that I’ve seen and it’s clearly you. Pathetic loser you are Adam. Who shows up at a financial advisers office pretending to have interest in investing $10,000 or $20,000 haha. Wonder if he turned you in. From my understanding Greg has Individual clients with over $20,000,000. Why would he entertain your dumb ass? A you need to soul search weirdo. If you knew us you’d realize we’re all good guys. You’ve taken this goofball site too far. Try to be normal for a week. I’ll leave you alone.

Your vocabulary is so small you can’t even come up with your own material haha. There’s only one site scumbag that I’ve seen and it’s clearly you. Pathetic loser you are Adam. Who shows up at a financial advisers office pretending to have interest in investing $10,000 or $20,000 haha. Wonder if he turned you in. From my understanding Greg has Individual clients with over $20,000,000. Why would he entertain your dumb ass? A you need to soul search weirdo. If you knew us you’d realize we’re all good guys. You’ve taken this goofball site too far. Try to be normal for a week. I’ll leave you alone.

No, you aren't a good guy and no you won't leave him alone.

You're just a phony who can't even spell his alleged profession correctly calling out another phony. All both of you do is ruin yet another decent thread with your incessant reciprocation.

I hope you guys do meet. Maybe then you'll jerk each other instead of doing on here. So, please, both of you take a long vacation from this site and allow some of the adults to converse.

You're just a phony who can't even spell his alleged profession correctly calling out another phony. All both of you do is ruin yet another decent thread with your incessant reciprocation.

I hope you guys do meet. Maybe then you'll jerk each other instead of doing on here. So, please, both of you take a long vacation from this site and allow some of the adults to converse.

Crawl back under your rock moron. Your like ratio is embarrassing. And get an Avatar jerk. It’s your freaken Home Board.

Last edited:
I own Greggy.

He is just a sad individual who lives a fantasy life online.

But each their own.

I need a slurpee, Greggy

BTW trouble maker what was misspelled? Educate me moron.

I own Greggy.

He is just a sad individual who lives a fantasy life online.

But each their own.

I need a slurpee, Greggy

Look at this guy everyone!!!! The guy shows up as Adam Johnson looking to invest apparently haha. Breaks at least two laws. Be careful Adam.

Look at this guy everyone!!!! The guy shows up as Adam Johnson looking to invest apparently haha. Breaks at least two laws. Be careful Adam.

Should at least learn how to spell first.
You are just someone who probably dropped out of high school who wants to feel important and powerful

To me it is sad because obviously you have the need to be someone
But being someone on a message board and being someone in real life are two different things

Time to separate reality from fantasy.

You still are just poor white trash when you turn the screen off

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT