ADVERTISEMENT

Doesn't look good for a season now

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
So now that wvu has cancelled on campus summer classes through aug 7 how does football even remotely happen?

Sadly, my contacts tell me that the start of season as we traditionally know it has a slim chance of happening.

I would think that if no one is on campus throughout the summer all sports activities will be canceled as well.

Sadly, my contacts tell me that the start of season as we traditionally know it has a slim chance of happening.

I would think that if no one is on campus throughout the summer all sports activities will be canceled as well.

The guy at Burger King isn't a reputable contact
We have told you this already.

Just because classes are cancelled doesn't mean that they couldn't quarantine 150+ players/coaches/staff and continue on with preseason workouts and preparation for the season WHICH WILL HAPPEN. At some point, the nation/world is just going to have to get back to normal. If you are sick, or have preexisting conditions, then stay home. If you are healthy, stay away from those that have these conditions.

Just because classes are cancelled doesn't mean that they couldn't quarantine 150+ players/coaches/staff and continue on with preseason workouts and preparation for the season WHICH WILL HAPPEN. At some point, the nation/world is just going to have to get back to normal. If you are sick, or have preexisting conditions, then stay home. If you are healthy, stay away from those that have these conditions.

Do you have any understanding of how this virus is transmitted?

Reactions: LAMountaineer
I got off this board years ago because of people like you, “it” means the season!! Make you happy?

Do you have any understanding of how this virus is transmitted?

Yep. Same as most every other viral infections that we don't shut the world down for healthy people. You know the 100% cure for this? A person's antibodies. Develop personal immunity levels. Again, if you are sick or have weak immune system, stay home and stay away from those that may have the virus. Oh, but who has it? Well, our POTUS said "if you want a test, you'll get a test"......still waiting on that promise.

Reactions: locustwv
Yep. Same as most every other viral infections that we don't shut the world down for healthy people. You know the 100% cure for this? A person's antibodies. Develop personal immunity levels. Again, if you are sick or have weak immune system, stay home and stay away from those that may have the virus. Oh, but who has it? Well, our POTUS said "if you want a test, you'll get a test"......still waiting on that promise.

Well most of us are at risk. We don't live alone in a basement surrounded by blinking lights like you. I guess living a life of social distancing like you do has it's benefits.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Well most of us are at risk. We don't live alone in a basement surrounded by blinking lights like you. I guess living a life of social distancing like you do has it's benefits.

So you are saying the majority of Americans are unfit and unhealthy?

I just don’t think the high moral ground Presidents(haha) will sign off on athletics if the academic student body isn’t on campus. I think it’s obvious at this point the best hope is a delayed and abbreviated season. Heck hoops is in the crosshairs now.

Jackass...btw...most Americans are fat and out of shape...like you maybe?

Most are? The word "most" would refer to better than 50% of the population. However, it is more like 42% right now, which means that "most" Americans are NOT "fat and out of shape".

Now run off and live in your bubble and wait for the apocalypse to occur.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Most are? The word "most" would refer to better than 50% of the population. However, it is more like 42% right now, which means that "most" Americans are NOT "fat and out of shape".

Now run off and live in your bubble and wait for the apocalypse to occur.

This is becoming abuse haha. Let hypocrite root of the hook. He’s having a bad night. He’s kinda stuck in between troll, hater and WVU fanboy. I guess no mans land.

You’re screwing up my efforts to turn this into a mega thread.

This is becoming abuse haha. Let hypocrite root of the hook. He’s having a bad night. He’s kinda stuck in between troll, hater and WVU fanboy. I guess no mans land.

You’re screwing up my efforts to turn this into a mega thread.

Hey @Rootmaster

Greggy trying to claim your thread is his.

Pretty sad

Last edited:
Hey @Rootmaster

Greggy trying to claim your thread is his.

Pretty sad

aaaabawahahaha!!!
What a loser you are Adam J. I was minding my own business and you were doing your toxic thing so I dove in to put you back in your place. I pull your strings and you end up letting me take you into multi page mega threads like the puppet that you are. Then @WVUFanForever dives in to play mall guard like some internet tough guy geek. I tug a couple of string and you two clowns get played into several pages of nonsense. Oh then some how some way a mystery homer guest jumps in then bails out when he gets overwhelmed haha.

clean, rinse, repeat. You two are pathetic!

@TownesVanZandt you have content in you. You’ve posted some things, occasionally, that makes me think you have potential. You’re a smug, irrelevant tool that has a degree from the University of Google, Beckley branch campus. And, you are a weird kind of WVU fan.
@WVUFanForever you have zero content in you. You’re definitely a solid WVU fan but may well the biggest dick on the site. I would have loved to seen you when I was 20. I would have bought you a beer but I would have made you get it haha.

So I have two walking talking smackoffs that haven’t learned a thing from one monster mega thread to another. Two dummies. Your HB like ratios are alarming. You two are just to dumb to realize the site members think you two are morons.

Since I am owning this thing you call a brain, Greggy.

We are going to have to get some things in here. Sure is empty

tenor.gif

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I am hoping "normal" is September (I have Pet Shop Boys/New Order tickets).
But I just read this. Just his opinion, of course.

>>conferences, concerts, sporting events... I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we’re talking fall 2021 at the earliest.<<
-Zeke Emanuel, vice provost for global initiatives, director of the Healthcare Transformation Institute at the University of Pennsylvania

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/magazine/coronavirus-economy-debate.html

I am hoping "normal" is September (I have Pet Shop Boys/New Order tickets).
But I just read this. Just his opinion, of course.

>>conferences, concerts, sporting events... I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we’re talking fall 2021 at the earliest.<<
-Zeke Emanuel, vice provost for global initiatives, director of the Healthcare Transformation Institute at the University of Pennsylvania

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/magazine/coronavirus-economy-debate.html

I tend to agree...large events will be the last to return.

Right now we seem to be engaged in a game of who can be the most extreme in response. The governors will be the ones who make the call on this, not ADs or Presidents. It will be difficult to sell the public that sports are acceptable, when everyone else is having to avoid their families.

I tend to agree...large events will be the last to return.

Right now we seem to be engaged in a game of who can be the most extreme in response. The governors will be the ones who make the call on this, not ADs or Presidents. It will be difficult to sell the public that sports are acceptable, when everyone else is having to avoid their families.

Agree Darth
The only point of discussion that might be of value is the nature of a typical University President and faculty. Some or most have an instinct to find the higher moral ground(in their arrogant minds). They feel like their purpose is to protect the student(and the world) from all conservative leaders. So even though a governor opens up things these Universities may wait on some things. Of course money will win out at the end but of course Liberal NBA and Ivys(Not right or wrong) led the way for stoppage.

There are some fanatics that would go to a 60,000 filled-stadium right now to watch a game.

But for the sake of argument, let's say things reopen and their is a season...how many are going to be hesitant about going anywhere near large crowds again?

Reactions: 1duluth1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT