ADVERTISEMENT

Does the injury make it more likely that Grier returns?

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Or does it make him see a need to move on now before he could potentially suffer another injury?

They're getting him into surgery tomorrow and let's hope for him that they don't find any serious damage.

Do you think this team competes for a conference championship if Grier returns?

Or does it make him see a need to move on now before he could potentially suffer another injury?

They're getting him into surgery tomorrow and let's hope for him that they don't find any serious damage.

Is it bad of me that that was one of the first things I asked myself?

Reactions: RAK
He better come back because he really isn't all that great. You can throw stats and out there...but really all we do is throw 50/50 balls and hope our receiver wins. Hence why we aren't that good.

He better come back because he really isn't all that great. You can throw stats and out there...but really all we do is throw 50/50 balls and hope our receiver wins. Hence why we aren't that good.
Lmao He’s pretty good.

I think he has to come back. He had 7 games at Florida. He had 10 complete games in Morgantown. That's 17 games. That's not much.

This years draft class is also pretty stacked at qb. I think he'd do better to come back, but the guy has a family so he's got to do what he feels is best.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
I think if he went after the combine he would creep into the 1st round. But at the moment he is still relatively under the radar and is probably best served going back and not having to put all of his eggs into the combine basket.

Grier told me that he was coming back. He called me seconds after the injury occurred. Take a look at my picture just over to your left. Would those eyes lie to you? Warez

I’m thinking he has to come back if he can’t go through the evaluation process completely. He’s probably behind the USC and UCLA QBs at a minimum and maybe another couple. He may be the top QB next if he can put in a full year. Tough call.

You’re off. The kid has the size, arm and mobility that NFL scouts look for. He has that X factor as well.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL

your real question should be;
was this finger injury a Grier
career ender....?

and the implications behind that....both for Grier personally and for WVU, selfishly .

The injury guarantees that he leaves. Why return and risk another injury?

Grier will return next season several gb’s ahead of him for nfl draft

You’re off. The kid has the size, arm and mobility that NFL scouts look for. He has that X factor as well.
I agree with you. However, he is not a 1st round draft pick at this point in time. If he stays, he can only get better. Our offense also doesn't show off all of his abilities. Like I said above....our offense against good teams is throwing the 50/50 ball downfield. You don't beat good teams that way.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Maybe because you're act is beyond old?

PapBoy, my 'act' is directed at folks who demand that the Mountaineers be the team they want them to be..............the folks who demand that the Mountaineers rise above mediocrity. It's a game that is intended for entertainment. Nothing more. NOTHING MORE. If my act is old, so are the acts of most other folks on this here dadgum community poster board. Warez

Depends what round he’s projected to go in. If it’s round 4 or lower he may stay. If it’s 1-3 he’s probably gone. Big 12 qb’s have a bad rep transitioning to the nfl. there’s always the possibility he drops in the draft based on recent big 12 qb performance in the nfl.

PapBoy, my 'act' is directed at folks who demand that the Mountaineers be the team they want them to be..............the folks who demand that the Mountaineers rise above mediocrity. It's a game that is intended for entertainment. Nothing more. NOTHING MORE. If my act is old, so are the acts of most other folks on this here dadgum community poster board. Warez

You keep being board clown. It’s who you are, no shame

I would argue it makes it less likely he returns. What kind of O-line is he going to have to work with next year? If he has to use his feet to win he may be better off to rehab and take his shot at the combines...Another injury like that next year and he is done for good.

With a family. I want him back , but I would tell him thank you for giving us a great year, but in your best interest, move on son.
Wish him the best whatever way he decides , but he is ready to move on, unless Cleveland is interested. Then STAY HERE !!!!

Not sure who the idiot between y’all is and don’t care :)

But isn’t 9, maybe 10 including your QB a lot of senior starters?

On both sides of the ball when you have experienced high quality replacements? No, not a big deal?

1 O lineman

1 running back? You don't think we have quality replacements?

1 wideout? Like we have shortages of quality wideouts. We should be called wide receiver U.

A couple of linebackers. We have Long coming back and Ferns can play.

If you don't care, why did you bother to post?

On both sides of the ball when you have experienced high quality replacements? No, not a big deal?

1 O lineman

1 running back? You don't think we have quality replacements?

1 wideout? Like we have shortages of quality wideouts. We should be called wide receiver U.

If you don't care, why did you bother to post?

Interested, but not taking sides between posters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT