ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Pitts top 4......WVU,Florida,Penn State, Tennessee

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
I call BS on that one....there is NO WAY that the "new flagship" should be excluded from his list of top choices.......but I'll bet you a dollar to a meth hit that the word will come out of Fattington that "Doc doesn't want him"....or "we have someone higher on our board"....[jumpingsmile]

I call BS on that one....there is NO WAY that the "new flagship" should be excluded from his list of top choices.......but I'll bet you a dollar to a meth hit that the word will come out of Fattington that "Doc doesn't want him"....or "we have someone higher on our board"....[jumpingsmile]

^^thinks, eats, sleeps, dreams and is clearly obsessed with The Marshall University 24/7.

^^thinks, eats, sleeps, dreams and is clearly obsessed with The Marshall University 24/7.
I probably know more about marshall than you do....I was at the "we are marshall" game.....the movie was 75% BS and you know it...I lost one of my best friends (Allen Gene Skeens) in the plane crash...I was actually accepted at marshall but Glenville offered a better deal.......you know, come to think of it I probably know more about EVERYTHING than you do.......and talk about obsessed....why are you here instead of your own board or that of one of your "rivals".?......you wish you were our rival...but in order to BE a rival you have to beat the other team first...done that lately?.....or ever?......probably should stay away from the ohio u and western Kentucky boards....you can't beat them either

Most of the Herdiots that keep using the plane crash for sympathy weren't even born yet when it happened. I was. I lived in Glenville and was watching a Huntington TV station when the first live reports of the plane crash began breaking into the regular programming. It was a super foggy night and our family stayed up late waiting on a long overdue cousin from Maryland to arrive. He was late because of the same fog that played a role in the plane crash. I'm also more well versed in Marshall history than most of the ones who claim to be their fans these days. I can tell you that there was no "we are Marshall" chant back in those times. It is a fabrication that the movie industry created and the Herd fan base picked up on and ran with. The movie was filled with other inaccuracies and fabrications, but the Herdiots accept it all as truth. We all cried the day of the plane crash, but we all moved on...........at least the ones of us who don't need to keep using it for sympathy.

Was the Marshall coach back then really an idiot like MM portrayed him .

I never met him but he had the support of everyone in the state for taking on the task ahead of him. We all supported MU as they rose back from the plane crash..........then Bobby Pruett came along and ruined it.

I never met him but he had the support of everyone in the state for taking on the task ahead of him. We all supported MU as they rose back from the plane crash..........then Bobby Pruett came along and ruined it.
I believe Jim Donnan was the head coach before Pruett and responsible for the cheating scandals prior to Pruett's arrival. Pruett's excuse when caught was that the cheating was part of the culture when he arrived and he continued the programs.

I believe Jim Donnan was the head coach before Pruett and responsible for the cheating scandals prior to Pruett's arrival. Pruett's excuse when caught was that the cheating was part of the culture when he arrived and he continued the programs.

You may be right Dave, Donnan may have got the ball rolling but at least he was sneaky about it..Pruett's antics are the reason for most of the hatred that still exists to this day.

Most of the Herdiots that keep using the plane crash for sympathy weren't even born yet when it happened. I was. I lived in Glenville and was watching a Huntington TV station when the first live reports of the plane crash began breaking into the regular programming. It was a super foggy night and our family stayed up late waiting on a long overdue cousin from Maryland to arrive. He was late because of the same fog that played a role in the plane crash. I'm also more well versed in Marshall history than most of the ones who claim to be their fans these days. I can tell you that there was no "we are Marshall" chant back in those times. It is a fabrication that the movie industry created and the Herd fan base picked up on and ran with. The movie was filled with other inaccuracies and fabrications, but the Herdiots accept it all as truth. We all cried the day of the plane crash, but we all moved on...........at least the ones of us who don't need to keep using it for sympathy.
I was at home in Ravenswood watching the same news report......Skeens lived one block from me and our family immediately went there and spent the rest of the evening with them,,,,,terrible terrible day........what I thought was funny was "coach " lengyel.....in his front yard with his kid saying..." see you on the field".....what head coach would still be at home 2 hours before game time?.......hilarious Hollywood BS....just like marshal's entire program....BS......where'd you live in Glenville?...did you know Phil Reale?...dated his cute sister for a while

I met him....he was a nice guy....I met him after he had left for navy.......he was in a no win situation in Fattington.....as everyone is still

That's probably true, but it was Pruett that was primarily responsible for creating the animosity between the schools. Before Pruett and his nonsense, I rooted for Marshall because they were a WV school. I was happy we were playing them in '99 to help get them some exposure and bring them up to D1A.

Then Pruett and their administration started running their mouths and you have the attitudes we have today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT