ADVERTISEMENT

Democracy Can Plant the Seeds of Its Own Destruction

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
Sad.

Paul Waldman, [URL='https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/10/17/trumps-lie-about-obama-and-fallen-soldiers-shows-how-he-makes-america-dumber/?utm_term=.7ec21a558e58']writing in The Washington Post
on Oct, 17, summed up Trump’s approach to veracity and to reality itself:

Trump takes his own particular combination of ignorance, bluster and malice, and sets it off like a nuclear bomb of misinformation. The fallout spreads throughout the country, and no volume of corrections and fact checks can stop it. It wasn’t even part of a thought-out strategy, just a loathsome impulse that found its way out of the president’s mouth to spread far and wide.

Trump’s recklessness is disturbing enough on its own. But what makes it especially threatening is that much of the public — well beyond the 40 percent of the electorate that has shown itself to be unshakable in its devotion to the president — seems to be slowly accommodating itself to its daily dose of the Trump reality show, accepting the rhetorical violence that Trump inflicts on basic standards of truth as the new normal.

[/URL]
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

It was written by someone from the NY times.
Lot of good stuff is and this is a fair point. I'm just a smidge more optimistic that Americans will turn back this silly populism BS and Trump.

Lot of good stuff is and this is a fair point. I'm just a smidge more optimistic that Americans will turn back this silly populism BS and Trump.
People are tired of the political correctness and you don't give enough to those who are less fortunate so we have to take more of your money to give to countries that hate us

People are tired of the political correctness and you don't give enough to those who are less fortunate so we have to take more of your money to give to countries that hate us
Are you hitting your own gas machine? lolwut?

Reactions: moe
I just mean that post seems to have veered off topic from the rest of this thread.
I was trying to respond that there's a lot of Americans who are tired of politicians trying to thread a needle with every comment and want us to take care of our own and not some other country.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
want us to take care of our own
but this is something that you don't want to do according to your comments in this forum and you abandoned political correctness a long time ago based on the hate that you spew here. You certainly don't believe in a social safety net in this country.

but this is something that you don't want to do according to your comments in this forum and you abandoned political correctness a long time ago based on the hate that you spew here. You certainly don't believe in a social safety net in this country.
You are so blind with hatred, you don't know what I beleive. The safety net has been abused by politicians since it's inception. Too many are on food stamps now. The great society has made black fathers optional, how has that worked out? Before LBJ, marriages in the black family was higher than in white families. Now, both ahve plummeted. Every government program has bad side effects. There are some that do some good, but almost all cause problems. Just making yourself feel good is not really a good policy.

Political correctness is for pussies.Be a man or woman, and call it what it is.

Just going with what you post but maybe that's not fair.
Sometimes I like to stir the pot. If I had been mayor of Charlottesville, that shit would never have happened. I don't like white nationalist, I don't like antifa either. I would have used tear gas to keep them apart. Like I said, I'm tired of all this lame ass politicans who are afraid to do anything.

I agree, if you hate blacks and poor people, you should just say so.....and you do. Thanks for your honesty.
Again, just because I call out your love for policies that have destroyed black families and created more poor and less wealth doesn't mean I hate them. I do more free stuff for the poor than you will ever do.

Just going with what you post but maybe that's not fair.
I live in Va and I can't stand to see people flying the confederate flag. You lost, get over it. IT's been 150 years.

Again, just because I call out your love for policies that have destroyed black families and created more poor and less wealth doesn't mean I hate them. I do more free stuff for the poor than you will ever do.
So you're a shithouse sociologist too, your expertise knows no bounds. Maybe all that work for the poor will ease your guilty conscience.

So you're a shithouse sociologist too, your expertise knows no bounds. Maybe all that work for the poor will ease your guilty conscience.
I pay more in taxes than you probably make. I have no guilty conscience. I speak of facts which is something you cannot hide. Tell me if there are as many black dual head's of households, % wise, now as there was before LBJ started his Great Society? That crap of free stuff never works. People, white or black, will take the easy way most of the time.

Sorry you've confused me w/Shrubby or someone, no rebel here.
I know you aren't a rebel but you seem to want to sterotype me as a confederate flag waving KKK member. I'm not.

I pay more in taxes than you probably make. I have no guilty conscience. I speak of facts which is something you cannot hide. Tell me if there are as many black dual head's of households, % wise, now as there was before LBJ started his Great Society? That crap of free stuff never works. People, white or black, will take the easy way most of the time.
I love how you lump all government assistance programs into one group called "free stuff". Should we get rid of all "free stuff"? Since you have all the answers for how black families need to raise themselves up, why don't you share your knowledge with your elected representatives? Actually that way that you discuss "free stuff" tells me that you know next to nothing about the government programs that you criticize.

I was trying to respond that there's a lot of Americans who are tired of politicians trying to thread a needle with every comment and want us to take care of our own and not some other country.
I'd argue there is a w i d e gap between political correctness and Trump

Reactions: bamaEER and moe
I know you aren't a rebel but you seem to want to sterotype me as a confederate flag waving KKK member. I'm not.
I've seen your posts and you don't like black people so describe you views on them in any politically correct way that you like.

I've seen your posts and you don't like black people so describe you views on them in any politically correct way that you like.
I've seen YOUR posts and you don't like anyone who is conservative no matter what their skin color......so what in the hell makes you any better than what you accuse us of being?....typical obama worshipping liberal bullshit......we won....you lost....get over uit

I'd argue there is a w i d e gap between political correctness and Trump
its-huge.jpg

I love how you lump all government assistance programs into one group called "free stuff". Should we get rid of all "free stuff"? Since you have all the answers for how black families need to raise themselves up, why don't you share your knowledge with your elected representatives? Actually that way that you discuss "free stuff" tells me that you know next to nothing about the government programs that you criticize.
I lump them because every time you think you are doing something good, somebody abuses the program and makes it something to benefit a segment to get their vote. All one has to do is look up the facts, something that you know how to do, and see that since LBJ's attempt to get votes with the great society, what I said is true. The black family has been decimated, the white is headed that way too. At least admit that that has been an unintended side effect.

The people who really hate is people like yourself, whom seem to think that an individual can't make it on his own. Here, let government do it for you, it will be better and you can sit back and enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT