ADVERTISEMENT

Dealing with my first ever kidney stone

I always heard these things hurt but dang.... took me to my knees at 3:30 a.m. this morning

Worst pain a man can experience. Been there twice, take all of the pain killers they will give you, it might help a little bit. I don't even know you but prayers for you. They can't kill you but they can make you pray for death to come!

I always heard these things hurt but dang.... took me to my knees at 3:30 a.m. this morning
Never had one but watched a buddy of mine go from perfectly fine to dropped to his knees moaning to dry heaving because of the pain to getting rushed to the ER in a matter of minutes. Needless to say I hope I’m never in your shoes. Sorry brother

lol...

had my first kidney stone over the weekend too...

drinking lime and lemonade big time...

the lack of exercise and getting older takes it's toll...

lol...

had my first kidney stone over the weekend too...

drinking lime and lemonade big time...

the lack of exercise and getting older takes it's toll...
I've never had 'em, but based on what I hear others saying about how painful they are I sure hope I never get one!

Have had them as well. Puking my guts out in pain, barely able to breathe. All I can say is, make sure you drink lots of water and stay hydrated. If you got calcium oxalate stones, stop drinking tea. I only ever drink water anymore.

Have had them as well. Puking my guts out in pain, barely able to breathe. All I can say is, make sure you drink lots of water and stay hydrated. If you got calcium oxalate stones, stop drinking tea. I only ever drink water anymore.
Yep, been there! Damned painful!

Got my only one right after the WVU Alabama game. Never passed it for 6 eays. Finally got a doc to take it out
Is surgery the best way to get rid of them? How does one "pass" kidney stones on their own? You crap them out or what?

I genuinely don't know because I've never had 'em.

Is surgery the best way to get rid of them? How does one "pass" kidney stones on their own? You crap them out or what?

Pee them out. Sometimes they get stuck in your urinary tract have to be surgically removed. Not fun.

Piss them out, the relief is unbelievable. I've had about 12, passed most within 24-48 hours. However, 3 put me in the hospital-pain and puking were continous. Sonic blasted 2, 1 had to be removed surgically. No frickin fun!!

• Wow
Reactions: atlkvb
Piss them out, the relief is unbelievable. I've had about 12, passed most within 24-48 hours. However, 3 put me in the hospital-pain and puking were continous. Sonic blasted 2, 1 had to be removed surgically. No frickin fun!!
Youza!!!!! Lord I Pray I'm spared this apparent agony! Any advice on avoiding them?

Youza!!!!! Lord I Pray I'm spared this apparent agony! Any advice on avoiding them?
Stay hydrated, had the first 5 or 6 assayed, Urologist could never figure out what caused them, told me to drink lots of fluid. Now hold your hat, he said drink beer(judiciously)it keeps your kidneys functioning well. Never told him, I went to WVU-judicious drinking is not an option!

Reactions: Airport and atlkvb
You have to watch eating too much greens and grains, which are high in oxalates. Also, increase your calcium intake since calcium oxalate stones are the most common.

Reactions: atlkvb
I've never had these but it's incredible how every single person I've heard of that has had them has said they were the most painful thing ever. Geez, I need to start being more grateful.

Stay hydrated, had the first 5 or 6 assayed, Urologist could never figure out what caused them, told me to drink lots of fluid. Now hold your hat, he said drink beer(judiciously)it keeps your kidneys functioning well. Never told him, I went to WVU-judicious drinking is not an option!
Maybe that's why I've never had 'em?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Doc said I should stop eating chocolate and nuts. At that time I was doing Adkins diet eating lots of cocktail peanuts. Stopped eating them but chocolate was a different story.

Doc said I should stop eating chocolate and nuts. At that time I was doing Adkins diet eating lots of cocktail peanuts. Stopped eating them but chocolate was a different story.
Well, I was told on each stone(4or 5) to stop one thing or another. None worked, so quit assaying them. Luckily haven't had one for awhile👍👍👍

Reactions: Airport
hope you pass it soon OP. Be sure to stay hydrated, take your calcium, and take your pain meds.

Took a classmate to the ER because he said he was pissing blood and couldn’t move from the pain and he was from out of state and had no family near. He also said it’s the worst pain that he’s ever felt in his life. Thank the a Lord that I’ve not received one yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT