ADVERTISEMENT

Dana Lost This Game

Orlaco

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2007
Sure, we could use a star QB..... ...but it's ALL on DH.

There comes a time when the plug needs to be pulled. I think 5 years is long enough to see that we haven't gotten over the hill with him as our leader.

No other coach in wvu history has been given this long with such poor results. But hey, we're in the big 12. We should be thankful to only average 7 losses a year.

Reactions: HerdFan91
Orlaco, please get rid of talkie picture of BS. It is getting old now.

So who would you hire to be his replacement?

He's not the answer. Who would I go after? Well, I bet Chip Kelly will be getting some phone calls from schools at the end of the year. And a guy down in Huntington named Doc. He will bring in some great recruits, and can recruit Florida.

Keep him just because "well who would we hire" is ridiculous. The goal for our program and the bar set was not to get 6 wins and go to some mediocre crappy bowl game.

He's not the answer. Who would I go after? Well, I bet Chip Kelly will be getting some phone calls from schools at the end of the year. And a guy down in Huntington named Doc. He will bring in some great recruits, and can recruit Florida.

Keep him just because "well who would we hire" is ridiculous. The goal for our program and the bar set was not to get 6 wins and go to some mediocre crappy bowl game.

So your solution would be to hire Chip Kelly or Doc Holliday? OK.

Neither you or I make the decision. I'm indifferent about it the issue. You're just acting like a bitch though. Go root for Marshall, isn't that were you went to school anyways?

So your solution would be to hire Chip Kelly or Doc Holliday? OK.

Neither you or I make the decision. I'm indifferent about it the issue. You're just acting like a bitch though. Go root for Marshall, isn't that were you went to school anyways?

WHAT? No.

You asked me a question, and I gave a response. I'm not indifferent. I was last year. Not now. I may be acting like a bitch, but that's who you are 24/7.

Have you ran this opinion through Keaton yet?

This guy!
121712-rhule-matt-600.jpg

If DH was fired, I'd want Rich back. I don't care. He's a good coach and I think he'd do well with the talent currently here.

This is a Bull S#*T response from frustration. Players not execution loses games. Players committing dumb penalties loses games. Players making a non running QB look like a AA by not tackling him on a run loses games. QB overthrowing receivers loses games. Not saying Dana is the perfect HC, but 'lay off'. He is NOPT the problem with our first half play tonight. Half backed, emotional, foolish renderings do nothing to improve the program. Changing coaches would accomplish nothing positive. We would launch into another 5 years re-building project. I don't want THAT outcome--DO YOU?

This is a Bull S#*T response from frustration. Players not execution loses games. Players committing dumb penalties loses games. Players making a non running QB look like a AA by not tackling him on a run loses games. QB overthrowing receivers loses games. Not saying Dana is the perfect HC, but 'lay off'. He is NOPT the problem with our first half play tonight. Half backed, emotional, foolish renderings do nothing to improve the program. Changing coaches would accomplish nothing positive. We would launch into another 5 years re-building project. I don't want THAT outcome--DO YOU?

So the play calls to throw fades on 3rd and short, and the constant roll outs with Howard, and the 3rd down and goal from the 4 and you call an outside sweep when you have pounded them between the tackles all night....that's not on Dana?

You're right. But there's enough history to see a pattern in Dana's teams and they all have shared the qualities you mentioned above. Eventually, the coach is responsible.

Reactions: motownbilly
So who would you hire to be his replacement?
Ah, yes, one of the favorite "defenses" used by ineffective politicians and (fans of) ineffective coaches.

And just like ineffective politicians, fans of ineffective coaches are too blind to see why that is such a losing argument.

The burden does not lie on fans to search for qualified candidates. If it did, no school would ever change coaches. The AD is the person responsible for beating the bushes, not the ticket buyers.

However, somewhat like political voters, we as fans do have a referendum of sorts on whether coaches get to remain employed--i.e., voting with our wallets.

When money and apathy reach a tipping point, the coach is always gone regardless of who and where the potential replacements are. It works the same at every program.

There doesn't appear to have been much improvement over the past couple years. The schedule is tough and it was a ranked team we lost too, I'll give him that - but that game should have been won. The Defense is better but it's not winning games for us. Our offense hasn't been the same since we beat Texas in Austin.

Reactions: spreadoption
Ah, yes, one of the favorite "defenses" used by ineffective politicians and (fans of) ineffective coaches.

And just like ineffective politicians, fans of ineffective coaches are too blind to see why that is such a losing argument.

The burden does not lie on fans to search for qualified candidates. If it did, no school would ever change coaches. The AD is the person responsible for beating the bushes, not the ticket buyers.

However, somewhat like political voters, we as fans do have a referendum of sorts on whether coaches get to remain employed--i.e., voting with our wallets.

When money and apathy reach a tipping point, the coach is always gone regardless of who and where the potential replacements are. It works the same at every program.

It was just a question. Deal with it f^cktard.

I've seen you make a reply similar to this many times... ...and I think your opinion is BS.

You don't think two diff head coaches can get diff results out of the EXACT same players?? I say yes... ...a head coach can impact penalties, TO's, tackling, and a QB overthrowing receivers (among many more aspects of the game that you seem to think is out of their range of responsibility).

A 'Boss'/coach can change EVERYTHING.....good or bad.

.......and no, I prefer not to change coaches...but sticking with someone who had a fair/long chance to succeed and hasn't doesn't make much sense.

There were major mistakes all around in the first half by the players...they stepped up and played a much better 2nd...their coach who SHOULD know better made rudimentary mistakes...it was bullshit.

By many standards Dana has done well. He took over a team in a very unusual circumstance and faced a difficult transition. He has done a great job of rebuilding the roster. He's addressed program facility needs well. He did win an Orange Bowl. We are putting players in the NFL. He's just not winning the games.

Our program needed that victory against TCU last year. That loss really hurt.

Since this is our idiot board, I am not surprised to see the "fire the coach after a loss crowd" show up on this site. If OSU is a top 20 teams then WVU is right there with them. This team was very competitive today and should be applauded for thier effort against a very good OSU team.

Last edited:
Since this is our idiot board, I am not surprised to see the "fire the coach after a loss crowd" show up on this site. If OSU is a top 20 teams then WVU is right there with them. This team was very competitive today and should be applauded for there effort against a very good OSU team.

Sounds like something Pitt would say.

Reactions: 43rd Parallel
By many standards Dana has done well. He took over a team in a very unusual circumstance and faced a difficult transition. He has done a great job of rebuilding the roster. He's addressed program facility needs well. He did win an Orange Bowl. We are putting players in the NFL. He's just not winning the games.

Our program needed that victory against TCU last year. That loss really hurt.
Oh I agree Darth...he has proven to be an excellent recruiter. ...his game management is completely unacceptable NOW imo...I could let it slide for awhile....after tonight? His salary buys better decisions than what I saw in the latter parts of the game...he should be sleepless tonight.

We should have EASILY won this game... ...but keep hanging on to the 'we hung with a good team' mentality.

I'm sure we'll win a national title soon if the people that matter agree with you.

Oh I agree Darth...he has proven to be an excellent recruiter. ...his game management is completely unacceptable NOW imo...I could let it slide for awhile....after tonight? His salary buys better decisions than what I saw in the latter parts of the game...he should be sleepless tonight.

Agreed. He didn't look good tonight.

QUOTE="Darth_VadEER, post: 388280, member: 4472"]I'm sure the University will miss that dime.[/QUOTE]

You really have no idea, do you? I make well over 1mm a year and I don't spend it. The war chest just keeps growing and I don't have family to divy that up to. WVU get's it all.

We should have EASILY won this game... ...but keep hanging on to the 'we hung with a good team' mentality.

I'm sure we'll win a national title soon if the people that matter agree with you.

Easily? No. That's a good team. It's a game that could have been won and probably should have been won and I do put much of the blame on Dana but there's nothing easy about beating a Gundy OK State team.

Since this is our idiot board, I am not surprised to see the "fire the coach after a loss crowd" show up on this site. If OSU is a top 20 teams then WVU is right there with them. This team was very competitive today and should be applauded for there effort against a very good OSU team.

We were a 7 point favorite. We had FIVE turnovers. Let's hand out participation trophies and tell the team it's OK, we'll get them next time. And FYI, that's not a real good OSU team. They were given a gift against Texas and K State and can't run the ball.

QUOTE="Darth_VadEER, post: 388280, member: 4472"]I'm sure the University will miss that dime.

You really have no idea, do you? I make well over 1mm a year and I don't spend it. The war chest just keeps growing and I don't have family to divy that up to. WVU get's it all.[/QUOTE]

I bet you own thousands of dildos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT