ADVERTISEMENT

'Cuse and Melo

wvmountydog

Junior
Oct 15, 2011
Syracuse prioritized winning a second national championship over academics, breaking rules and protocol in order to keep Fab Melo on the floor for a potential Final Four run, according to the NCAA's investigation. See link for more

Syracuse.com

I live 40 miles away from Syracuse.......

And all I'm hearing is "what's the big deal? we always were just an NBA farm team".....

These clowns have no idea what 12 lost scholarships over 4 years will do to this program.

Re: I live 40 miles away from Syracuse.......

Originally posted by bamaEER:
And all I'm hearing is "what's the big deal? we always were just an NBA farm team".....

These clowns have no idea what 12 lost scholarships over 4 years will do to this program.
Its not a big deal, the NCAA needs to drop the charade and stop pretending they're something that they're not.

Let programs pay players whatever they want

Give athletes the option to major in "Professional Sports"

If athletes want to enroll in a regular curriculum, that is their choice

When the head of Syracuse basketball operations and his secretary....

Spend lunch hour writing Fab Melo's term paper, I have a serious problem with it.

Re: When the head of Syracuse basketball operations and his secretary....

Originally posted by bamaEER:
Spend lunch hour writing Fab Melo's term paper, I have a serious problem with it.
I have a serious problem with it too, and I also have a serious problem with schools pretending that kids like Fab Melo are "students first".

Its ridiculous. If an athlete is dumb as a bag of rocks but can shoot the lights out, run a 4.3 40, or throw a 95 mph fastball, someone will make an exception for him and remove all obstacles just to keep him eligible.

My solution is, just let kids like Fab Melo major in something called "Professional Sports" and you teach them how to become a pro athlete both on and off the field and court. Yes, I understand "most guys don't even make it to the league" but most star college basketball players end up playing overseas, often for 10+ years, or end up in coaching, or do something involving the game. We should be teaching the Fab Melo's of the world how to manage the money they make from their playing days, and how to keep an income when his playing days are over. Not forcing him into math classes he has no chance of passing without fake test scores, and even if he miraculously understood the concepts, would have no interest or need to apply them in life after basketball.

There are rumors that Carmelo Anthony didn't attend classes for the spring semester in 03. His GPA for the fall term was 1.8.

It's convenient that they negotiated that statute of limitations to May 03.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT