ADVERTISEMENT

Current Big XII favorites according to ESPN

West Virginia doing a great job hanging tough with the Oklahoma and Texas schools.

Much better than the Kansas schools and Iowa St.
#1 outsider in the Big XII

That's ok if you are in for moral victories. Or, maybe Ok and Tx schools are doing a great job hanging tough with WV?

WV is a good to great team. Are they the class of the conference......No.

They do not have enough on the Defensive side of the ball.
Their offense so far looks like a machine.
I think in a big game you need playmakers on D.
Guys that can get sacks, fumbles, interceptions and can make the open field tackle.
I think that will be their downfall.

Problem with WV is recruiting. I can spell this out in so many different ways but WV is allowing two top OTs to walk out of state plus they have not shown once to be able to come down to Texas and get a top player.

Reason the schools that have won the Big XII have won is they can get those 4 star and 5 star Top 200 players out of Texas.
Some have them across the board.

Umm....it's obvious you don't pay attention to anything outside of Texas otherwise you would realize how uniformed your statement sounds as it pertains to this years defense. They have plenty of talent and playmakers on defense, the Cornerback position is a question but they are strong everywhere else, particularly upfront.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
1. Oklahoma 50.8%
2. Texas Tech 18.4%
3. Texas 12.8%
4. WVU 10.8%
5. Oklahoma State 5.4%
6. TCU 1.7%

Rest are too low to list
Percentage based on remaining SOS

Tech has home games left with UT, OU and WVU.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings
That's out of whack with reality.
It should be Oklahoma, WVU at the top and not that far apart, barring injuries (including to the Flutie-sized Sooner QB).
Then Texas Tech.
Texas, Oklahoma State and TCU are a tossup after that.
From a former sportswriter.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17

U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence

N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E rectile dysfunction Texas

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

Reactions: 4everloyal
It should be Oklahoma, WVU at the top and not that far apart, barring injuries (including to the Flutie-sized Sooner QB).
Then Texas Tech.

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

Maybe your reality is out of whack
That is the real issue

Then Texas Tech.

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

Come on sportswriter...
If you had really any great football knowledge you would know how ridiculous you sound.
WV is a slight fav in Lubbock according to Vegas
According to the computer rankings they are the underdog.

That is their first loss most likely.
Why wouldn't Tech have a better chance when Tech won in Stillwater.

Plus Texas beat TCU.

Texas and Tech have the easiest schedule left for the teams with a 1-0 record because they beat another good to great team.

Finally some real discussions from some true fans. This board by far has the most knowledgeable posters unlike the propaganda lot A.K.A Blue Lot. I know when I come here I will get the true story.

Finally some real discussions from some true fans. This board by far has the most knowledgeable posters unlike the propaganda lot A.K.A Blue Lot. I know when I come here I will get the true story.
Not sure if you are a Texas fan but your post is as stupid as any of their's. Now that is saying something.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Not sure if you are a Texas fan but your post is as stupid as any of their's. Now that is saying something.

What does anything have to do with Texas fans.
Don't know if all the people here are Texas fans. I think y'all have some haters and they jump on the Texas train to mess with you.

I have always said that I would like WV to get better so they can compete in the conference.
I think y'all just don't understand the level that Texas can get to. Wonder why everyone was trying to jump on us while we were losing.

Reactions: David Berkowitz
WV is a good to great team. Are they the class of the conference......No.

They do not have enough on the Defensive side of the ball.
Their offense so far looks like a machine.
I think in a big game you need playmakers on D.
Guys that can get sacks, fumbles, interceptions and can make the open field tackle.
I think that will be their downfall.

Problem with WV is recruiting. I can spell this out in so many different ways but WV is allowing two top OTs to walk out of state plus they have not shown once to be able to come down to Texas and get a top player.

Reason the schools that have won the Big XII have won is they can get those 4 star and 5 star Top 200 players out of Texas.
Some have them across the board.

Guys like Tyler Owens.
At 210 is the fourth fastest high schooler.
This kid is a physical freak.
With better coaching at the college level he will turn into a first round pick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...s-longhorns-recruiting-2019-lightning-package

What does anything have to do with Texas fans.
Don't know if all the people here are Texas fans. I think y'all have some haters and they jump on the Texas train to mess with you.

I have always said that I would like WV to get better so they can compete in the conference.
I think y'all just don't understand the level that Texas can get to. Wonder why everyone was trying to jump on us while we were losing.
Just comparing the level of stupidity of the OP with what we see from the typical Texas troll. I am sure you Texas boys have explained the whole how great we can be and are enough for us all to understand. I just wish you guys could beat Maryland and stop embarrassing the B12.

Just comparing the level of stupidity of the OP with what we see from the typical Texas troll. I am sure you Texas boys have explained the whole how great we can be and are enough for us all to understand. I just wish you guys could beat Maryland and stop embarrassing the B12.
Im glad the Nc state game was cancelled the only time the Acc looks good besides Clemson is when Acc teams play Wvu.

We all have our dogs in the fight.

Truth is the dog for UT is mean, hungry, fast, powerful and gaining confidence.
Next 5 weeks are important because of the 4 games.
Purple Aggy- K State at home has been tough on the Horns

OU- Enough said

Baylor

Orange Aggy

If UT comes out of these 4 games 7-1.
The conference is ours.
This would mean that Texas' OL and DL are dominant and Ehlinger continues to improve.

Nothing against WV but Will Grier could be on his game against UT but that is not enough when you have to be near perfect with DL in your face, guys hiding in coverage and physical corners.
Stills likes to boss up against corners but Kris Boyd likes to play that way and so does Davante Davis.

WV has a chance if the become a physical team as well.
Would actually love to watch two physical teams play when WV and UT get together.
That is what football is about. Who has the dogs.

Last edited:
We all have our dogs in the fight.

Truth is the dog for UT is mean, hungry, fast, powerful and gaining confidence.
Next 5 weeks are important because of the 4 games.
Purple Aggy- K State at home has been tough on the Horns

OU- Enough said

Baylor

Orange Aggy

If UT comes out of these 4 games 7-1.
The conference is ours.
This would mean that Texas' OL and DL are dominant and Ehlinger continues to improve.

Nothing against WV but Will Grier could be on his game against UT but that is not enough when you have to be near perfect with DL in your face, guys hiding in coverage and physical corners.
Stills likes to boss up against corners but Kris Boyd likes to play that way and so does Davante Davis.

WV has a chance if the become a physical team as well.
Would actually love to watch two physical teams play when WV and UT get together.
That is what football is about. Who has the dogs.
The best two teams in the conference are OU and WVU. WVU has a much better offense than UT and our defense is likely better also. You guys lost to Maryland for god sake. Your delusion is comical as always.

The best two teams in the conference are OU and WVU. WVU has a much better offense than UT and our defense is likely better also. You guys lost to Maryland for god sake. Your delusion is comical as always.

When you say WV has a better defense than Texas and you say delusional in the same paragraph it makes me laugh.

Nothing against WV but they have one player that would see the field at Texas on D and that is David Long Jr.

Even him would be fighting with Jeffrey McCulloch for playing time.

WV does have a great offense but Texas D is so far above everyone else in the Big XII it is laughable.

Texas rotates 6 DL.
They have 2 of the 3 best LB in the conference
Plus they are 2 deep in the secondary with NFL level talent.

Their backups on the DL are as good as their starters.

It is just predictions and words.
Words do not change reality and facts.

The issue for WV is this.
They have 5 games against good competition. Three are on the road.
WV is not a Juggernaut yet. You can't expect them to go 3-0 against those three teams on the road.
At best WV goes 2-1 on the road and splits at home 1-1. If they do not lose to Baylor or Iowa St that means that WV is 7-2 in the conference.
7-2 is a 60-40 chance of not making the Big XII Championship game.
Plus the Big XII Championship game will not be a neutral site game for WV.
You might sell 10,000 tickets but every other team in the Big XII will sell 50,000 at least.

When you say WV has a better defense than Texas and you say delusional in the same paragraph it makes me laugh.

Nothing against WV but they have one player that would see the field at Texas on D and that is David Long Jr.

Even him would be fighting with Jeffrey McCulloch for playing time.

WV does have a great offense but Texas D is so far above everyone else in the Big XII it is laughable.

Texas rotates 6 DL.
They have 2 of the 3 best LB in the conference
Plus they are 2 deep in the secondary with NFL level talent.

Their backups on the DL are as good as their starters.
WVU has a great DL and rotates 6 or 7 guys through out a game. That great Texas D gave up a lot of points to a bad Maryland team. As it looks right now, WVU's defense is playing better. UT has potential that has not been realized.

It is just predictions and words.
Words do not change reality and facts.

The issue for WV is this.
They have 5 games against good competition. Three are on the road.
WV is not a Juggernaut yet. You can't expect them to go 3-0 against those three teams on the road.
At best WV goes 2-1 on the road and splits at home 1-1. If they do not lose to Baylor or Iowa St that means that WV is 7-2 in the conference.
7-2 is a 60-40 chance of not making the Big XII Championship game.
Plus the Big XII Championship game will not be a neutral site game for WV.
You might sell 10,000 tickets but every other team in the Big XII will sell 50,000 at least.
I think this week will be our toughest road game this year. We win this one and we will likely go 3-0 in those three road games.

Bigelow, Long, Robinson, and the Stills Brothers are all future Pros, with Bigelow being a likely high draft choice if he stays healthy.

I think this week will be our toughest road game this year. We win this one and we will likely go 3-0 in those three road games.

There is a possibility of 3-0. There is also a possibility of 0-3.
In regards to probability you will not go 3-0 even if you win. You will have a better chance but it won't be over 50%.

The ESPN percentage is based on probability.
As of right now you are huge underdogs in every big road game.
I think the computers give Tech a 65% chance of winning the game

There is a possibility of 3-0. There is also a possibility of 0-3.
In regards to probability you will not go 3-0 even if you win. You will have a better chance but it won't be over 50%.

The ESPN percentage is based on probability.
As of right now you are huge underdogs in every big road game.
I think the computers give Tech a 65% chance of winning the game
LOL That is why they play the games.

WVU has a great DL and rotates 6 or 7 guys through out a game. That great Texas D gave up a lot of points to a bad Maryland team. As it looks right now, WVU's defense is playing better. UT has potential that has not been realized.

Untrue.
TCU would put up 500-550 yards on WV like they did Ohio St.
Texas' D when everyone is on the field is elite.

Try this out.
Anthony Wheeler
3 quarters without him. Texas has given up 45 points.

The 13 quarters with him Texas has given up 40 points.

When Wheeler and Gary Johnson are not on the field at all Texas has given up 17 points in one quarter

When they are on the field together
11 quarters 30 points.

Untrue.
TCU would put up 500-550 yards on WV like they did Ohio St.
Texas' D when everyone is on the field is elite.

Try this out.
Anthony Wheeler
3 quarters without him. Texas has given up 45 points.

The 13 quarters with him Texas has given up 40 points.

When Wheeler and Gary Johnson are not on the field at all Texas has given up 17 points in one quarter

When they are on the field together
11 quarters 30 points.
Perhaps they should hand the championship to the world beaters of Texas. You guys are awesome in your own minds.

Perhaps they should hand the championship to the world beaters of Texas. You guys are awesome in your own minds.

No.......
It was mentioned previously on here but Texas' OLine needs to get better plus Ehlinger needs to develop more as a QB.
In another three weeks I think we will have a better understanding of where everyone is.

I think Texas is a lot hungrier than WV.
As a team and as a fanbase.

Still I think UT can slip up. Saturday will say a lot about the team. They cannot bite into the reports out of K State. Trust and believe K State at home against Texas will be a totally different animal.
They can't walk into the game thinking that the victory is already theirs.

If they can win OU vs UT will be special.

So no one is discounting WV yet but y'all have to understand the level of hunger you will be walking into if UT smells the finish line.
Not saying it will be easy for Texas but I just don't see your team rising to the occasion on the road.

It is easy as this for Texas

Quoted from an article
As a head coach, Herman is 27-0 and has a 9-0 record at Texas when his team runs the ball 40 or more times in a game, which was the case in a 31-16 win over TCU (45 carries, 112 yards). Also, considering the line providing good enough protection to keep Ehlinger out of harm’s way (he hasn’t thrown an interception in 92 consecutive pass attempts) and the solution for the staff isn’t as simple as throwing Shackelford into his old role and rolling with whatever happens.

It is about Texas controlling the clock, getting turnovers and running the damn ball.

It is easy as this for Texas

Quoted from an article
As a head coach, Herman is 27-0 and has a 9-0 record at Texas when his team runs the ball 40 or more times in a game, which was the case in a 31-16 win over TCU (45 carries, 112 yards). Also, considering the line providing good enough protection to keep Ehlinger out of harm’s way (he hasn’t thrown an interception in 92 consecutive pass attempts) and the solution for the staff isn’t as simple as throwing Shackelford into his old role and rolling with whatever happens.

It is about Texas controlling the clock, getting turnovers and running the damn ball.
I am beginning to believe Texas may be good this year. No doubt they will be competing for 4th place in the league and could win 8 or 9 games this year.

The University of Texas AT Austin will always be the barometer. DeLoss Dodds once said it best about UT.... We are the Joneses.

Very few can compete with the amount of resources at the fingertips of UT. That is the issue with the Big XII. Hopefully the CFB viewing public see the Big XII as a conference that has maybe 6 schools with that chance of winning. I say this because Texas can no longer allow other schools to use their back to make a living.
When the King eats everyone eats but when the King doesn't eat no one eats.

Get used to the King eating but like I said it must happen because the capital that Texas had was almost gone.

The University of Texas AT Austin will always be the barometer. DeLoss Dodds once said it best about UT.... We are the Joneses.

Very few can compete with the amount of resources at the fingertips of UT. That is the issue with the Big XII. Hopefully the CFB viewing public see the Big XII as a conference that has maybe 6 schools with that chance of winning. I say this because Texas can no longer allow other schools to use their back to make a living.
When the King eats everyone eats but when the King doesn't eat no one eats.

Get used to the King eating but like I said it must happen because the capital that Texas had was almost gone.
The king looks bulimic. Maybe that's why Maryland beats you guys every year.

That may be true (long way to go before anyone can truly make absolute declarations), but why has Bevo embarrassed the league against Maryland the last 2 seasons? WTF was that?

This idea that Maryland is a horrible team is laughable.
They are at worse a 6-6 bowl team.
Horrible teams don't dominate opponents with 300 rushing yards and give up less than 50 in 2 games. The Bowling Green and Minnesota games.

More than that Maryland is the only I have seen since TCU last year that matches Texas physically.
Thing is in 2018 Texas dominated TCU physically and TCU is a very physical team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT