ADVERTISEMENT

Could the P12(10) be more secure than the B12?

You're the one that brought racism into the argument.
If you actually took time to read the context in which I wrote that you would understand. I was responding to Roots constant stalking of Tylerite accusing him of being a racist anti christian because he doesn't want Byu in the big 12. How does Not wanting byu equate to racism. I know Catholics that don't like Notre Dame does that make them any less catholic. In the future I suggest you read the whole conversation instead of jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:
You brought your anti Christian opinion onto this form assholllle.
Well if you're a Christian you certainty don't act like one. So are you a Mormon? Gonna still dodge the question. By the way can you tell me where the planet Kolob is?

And how do we know this? If that were the case then why haven't they already done it
Go back 40 years. How many expansions have the Big 10 ever done? How many years between expansions? They feel they don't need to rush. They never have. There is no way they are putting USC and UCLA on an island. If you think otherwise then you are naive.

Go back 40 years. How many expansions have the Big 10 ever done? How many years between expansions? They feel they don't need to rush. They never have. There is no way they are putting USC and UCLA on an island. If you think otherwise then you are naive.
If they wanted other teams from the pac they would have already taken them. The problem is what's left in the Pac are tweeners. Oregon and Washington are not blue bloods. They are solid power 5 programs. The big 10 is not going to expand for the sake of expanding. How do you know they will even expand west again? The last time the big 10 expanded was a decade ago. In a decade from now it will be closer to the ACC gor expiration. There are more appetizing targets down south. If you think that its an automatic that they expand again on the west coast you're naïve.

Last edited:
If they wanted other teams from the pac they would have already taken them. The problem is what's left in the Pac are tweeners. Oregon and Washington are not blue bloods. They are solid power 5 programs. The big 10 is not going to expand for the sake of expanding. How do you know they will even expand west again there are more appetizing targets down south. If you think that its an automatic that they expand again on the west coast you're naïve.
You're calling an Oregon program that is bankrolled by Phil Knight/Nike a "tweeter".
I'll take what you're drinking. Make it a double.

Are they ND? No. They are an elite brand though.

You're calling an Oregon program that is bankrolled by Phil Knight/Nike a "tweeter".

Well they are tweener dude several pac 12 writers have referred to them as that. There not a blue blood they play in a stadium that's smaller than what wvu's plays in. Being a blue blood is more than having just one guy bank rolling you're team. Its about playing in 80K plus stadiums with Hugh alumni bases and brand that bank rolls your team. That's not Oregon. Oregon can't even keep other teams from poaching there football coach's. If it came down to just one guy then the money that Boone Pickens donated and left Oklahoma State would have landed Oklahoma State in the Sec or Big 10.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Question for you lets say the Pac 12 decides it wants to invite Texas Tech or Oklahoma State or even Wvu to try and get back to 12. If you were in the admin of those schools would you accept? Why or why not?
You don't. Why go there when you know at least 2 and maybe 4 of the current PAC12 members are leaving as soon as the Big 10 finds it convenient to invite them? Big 12 is not in danger of losing its most valuable members now that UT and OU have been poached. Sure that is because the remaining Big 12 schools are not of vastly disparate values and are not in danger because this lack of high value makes them undesirable to the Big 10 or SEC. But if you are a realist at a program like AZ or ASU where you know there is very little chance you get a Big 10 or SEC invite, why not go to a more stable conference of similarly situated programs? Current Big 12 surely beats likely being left behind in a PAC 12 without USC, UCLA, and at least 2 if not all of Oregon, Stanford, Washington, or Cal that is forced to add SDSU, Fresno State, and Boise to compensate. Also the Big 10 or SEC get what they want and it matters not if your program recently jumped to the Big 12 stayed in a sinking PAC 12 hoping for an invite. Upside is vastly in favor of the Big 12 currently.

Reactions: skygusty
Big Ten Conference, formerly Western Intercollegiate Conference, one of the oldest college athletic conferences in the United States, formed in 1896 by the Universities of Chicago, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin and Purdue and Northwestern universities.

Iowa and Indiana added in 1899
Ohio State in 1912

Chicago terminated its football program in 1939 and officially withdrew from the conference in 1946. The conference did not equal 10 teams again until they added Michigan State in 1949.

PSU becme the 11th team in 1990 full play in 1994. Nebraska 2011 joined as 12th member. In 2014 Maryland and Rutgers brought Big 10 to 14. USC and UCLA will make 16 total.

All found in History of Big 10.

Big Ten Conference, formerly Western Intercollegiate Conference, one of the oldest college athletic conferences in the United States, formed in 1896 by the Universities of Chicago, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin and Purdue and Northwestern universities.

Iowa and Indiana added in 1899
Ohio State in 1912

Chicago terminated its football program in 1939 and officially withdrew from the conference in 1946. The conference did not equal 10 teams again until they added Michigan State in 1949.

PSU becme the 11th team in 1990 full play in 1994. Nebraska 2011 joined as 12th member. In 2014 Maryland and Rutgers brought Big 10 to 14. USC and UCLA will make 16 total.

All found in History of Big 10.
Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why the Big 10 doesn't just add the entire f$&king PAC 12 in one week. Explain it so that that genius Voorhees can understand it.

Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why the Big 10 doesn't just add the entire f$&king PAC 12 in one week. Explain it so that that genius Voorhees can understand it.
CBS spelled out some reasons:

"Maybe the reason Washington and Oregon didn't go with USC and UCLA [to the Big Ten] at the same time is the fear of collusion," the now-retired Benson told CBS Sports. "That's a legitimate concern of the damages that one conference does to another."

And this:

Big Ten interest has cooled in Pac-12 teams​

After the anxiety caused last week regarding further Big Ten expansion, industry sources have indicated the Big Ten is no longer as interested in adding California, Oregon, Stanford and Washington. Rightsholders were balking at paying the same amount for those schools as the 16 Big Ten schools going forward ($80 million-$100 million).

They already have the PAC's money why would they want anyone else.

Unless ND decides to join then they might take Stanford because they play almost every year. Old rivals. If a miracle ever occurred and ND joined the Big 10, then the Big 10 would take who ever ND ask for.

Oregon isn’t a blueblood or elite program. They are what WVU was before….a contender. Similar programs are Wisconsin, Iowa, Arkansas.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
^^^ look, it's the pot licker, dishing out more gibberish
Just following your lead babbling about Oregon and the Big 10 from a Michigan fan on a WVU message board....and who you don't want in the Big 10...no one here cares.

You don't live in West Virginia
You aren't a WVU fan.
You didn't go to WVU.
You are too broke to support Vernon with a BL account.

WE all again want to know why you are here.

Just following your lead babbling about Oregon and the Big 10 from a Michigan fan on a WVU message board....and who you don't want in the Big 10...no one here cares.

You aren't a WVU fan.
You didn't go to WVU.

hey Pot Licker, this thread, and almost the rest of them on the front page are discussing the B1G, and the impact it has on conference shakeups. get a clue. I could purchase a BL account for everybody that posts on this site if I chose to do so. Why would I want to post on the Lot? As you stated, I'm not a WVU fan, so why would I want to know the ins and outs of who WVU is recruiting, inside information on what's going on with various Mountaineer teams? I'll simply wait and view actual game results, which will paint the portrait of WVUs success or lack thereof. try posting some sports takes on this forum.

who are the 'we' that wants to know why I'm here? kind of weird. I assume most are here to discuss WVU sports and other things, like conference realignment, recruiting, games, etc. You know, typical sports related topics.

M-H

PS - get lost, and stop stalking me each & every time I post. I'm guessing the 'we' you reference is sick of your childish, pot licking behavior.

hey Pot Licker, this thread, and almost the rest of them on the front page are discussing the B1G, and the impact it has on conference shakeups. get a clue. I could purchase a BL account for everybody that posts on this site if I chose to do so. Why would I want to post on the Lot? As you stated, I'm not a WVU fan, so why would I want to know the ins and outs of who WVU is recruiting, inside information on what's going on with various Mountaineer teams? I'll simply wait and view actual game results, which will paint the portrait of WVUs success or lack thereof. try posting some sports takes on this forum.

who are the 'we' that wants to know why I'm here? kind of weird. I assume most are here to discuss WVU sports and other things, like conference realignment, recruiting, games, etc. You know, typical sports related topics.

M-H

PS - get lost, and stop stalking me each & every time I post. I'm guessing the 'we' you reference is sick of your childish, pot licking behavior.
You think anybody gives a shit here about who you don't want in the Big 10? LMAO

And the thread is actually about can the Pac 12 be more secure than the Big 12...nothing in the title mentions the Big 10...you really are low IQ.

You aren't a WVU fan.
You didn't go to WVU.

WE want to know...you going to post more pics of dick statues on the site from your collection...that is now what you are known for...that and being a homophobe.

What you don't understand is the Big 10 doesn't want anymore Pac teams at this time. You keep making statements like there is common knowledge that the big 10 plans more expansion when there isn't. Most of the articles in the last month who have claimed to quote big 10 sources have stated they have no immediate plans to add any more Pac 12 teams. There have been articles in the last month from influential pac 12 boosters begging the Big 10 for an invite but that's not the same learn the difference. The current rate of expansion seems to be 1-2 teams every decade so the remaining Pac teams are probably stuck there for awhile unless the rate of expansion increases.

You don't. Why go there when you know at least 2 and maybe 4 of the current PAC12 members are leaving as soon as the Big 10 finds it convenient to invite them? Big 12 is not in danger of losing its most valuable members now that UT and OU have been poached. Sure that is because the remaining Big 12 schools are not of vastly disparate values and are not in danger because this lack of high value makes them undesirable to the Big 10 or SEC. But if you are a realist at a program like AZ or ASU where you know there is very little chance you get a Big 10 or SEC invite, why not go to a more stable conference of similarly situated programs? Current Big 12 surely beats likely being left behind in a PAC 12 without USC, UCLA, and at least 2 if not all of Oregon, Stanford, Washington, or Cal that is forced to add SDSU, Fresno State, and Boise to compensate. Also the Big 10 or SEC get what they want and it matters not if your program recently jumped to the Big 12 stayed in a sinking PAC 12 hoping for an invite. Upside is vastly in favor of the Big 12 currently.
Using your logic why did wvu join the Big 12 when everyone knew Texas and Oklahoma were going to leave. There are certain things you just can't control and one of them is whether someone else is going to stay. At the current rate expansion is only happening every decade and its only involving 1-2 teams a conference. The pac's most valuable members are still more valuable than anything remaining in the Big 12. The teams being mentioned as possible big 12 additions are some of the least valuable pac 12 teams. The teams on the outside looking in from the pac aren't in any rush at the moment knowing that the Pac's more valuable teams have no current options. The pac still has 6 state flag ship universities and outside of Utah every team has been a power 5 program for an extended period of time. Contrast that with what will be the new Big 12 . If you find the decision difficult to jump from the big 12 to the Pac it isn't any easier looking at it from a Pac 12' teams perspective. A pac 12 team isn't going to move to the bIg 12 until it feels it has to and I doubt they are feeing that at the moment.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Oregon isn’t a blueblood or elite program. They are what WVU was before….a contender. Similar programs are Wisconsin, Iowa, Arkansas.
Wvu could have been Oregon if it had smarter people running the show over the years. When Oregon broke through and made it to the Rose Bowl in 94 they didn't just savor the moment they made commitments to try and keep it that way. Every time Oregon has made a poor decision they didn't waste there time in trying to correct it. Wvu on the other hand let Pastilong run the Athletic department like it were a Five and Dime store for years. Oregon also would have never hired Elmer Fudd at 2 am in the Morning to try and maintain the greatest 3 year run the football program ever experienced in its history. Maybe if we would have been wiser over the last couple of decades it would be us trying to beg the Big 10 or Sec to take us.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Wvu could have been Oregon if it had smarter people running the show over the years. When Oregon broke through and made it to the Rose Bowl in 94 they didn't just savor the moment they made commitments to try and keep it that way. Every time Oregon has made a poor decision they didn't waste there time in trying to correct it. Wvu on the other hand let Pastilong run the Athletic department like it were a Five and Dime store for years. Oregon also would have never hired Elmer Fudd at 2 am in the Morning to try and maintain the greatest 3 year run the football program ever experienced in its history. Maybe if we would have been wiser over the last couple of decades it would be us trying to beg the Big 10 or Sec to take us.
Solid post! Agree 100%. It can also be said, Oregon before 2000 was nowhere near WVU in program strength.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees is not a WVU fan and is another TVZ profile. Nobody knew Texas and OU were leaving until they stabbed their Big 12 in the back with a gator knife. They knew it was possible but nobody knew they would be dirty about it.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Jason Voorhees is not a WVU fan and is another TVZ profile. Nobody knew Texas and OU were leaving until they stabbed their Big 12 in the back with a gator knife. They knew it was possible but nobody knew they would be dirty about it.
There has been speculation for years that Texas and OU would leave. Nobody with common sense was surprised that they left. One of the concerns of the big 12 newbies is if the conference will stay together. Its the risk that they're taking by coming. Nothing dirty about what Texas and Ou did it was only business. Time for you to put your feet on planet earth instead of planet delusional.

What you don't understand is the Big 10 doesn't want anymore Pac teams at this time. You keep making statements like there is common knowledge that the big 10 plans more expansion when there isn't. Most of the articles in the last month who have claimed to quote big 10 sources have stated they have no immediate plans to add any more Pac 12 teams. There have been articles in the last month from influential pac 12 boosters begging the Big 10 for an invite but that's not the same learn the difference. The current rate of expansion seems to be 1-2 teams every decade so the remaining Pac teams are probably stuck there for awhile unless the rate of expansion increases.
B1G doesn't WANT any more PAC teams "at this time" ...... UNLESS ...... ND says yes only if they bring Stanford in with them. ..... OR ....... SEC makes another move to add a few more teams breaking up the ACC and goes directly to 20+.

Correct, PAC teams have begged for acceptance, as any P5 school would want to move to the B1G or SEC for the HUGE bucks that are being thrown around.

Currect. B1G will probably stick to 16 for now "UNLESS the rate of expansion increases". SEC is now driving the bus here. 2012 SEC adds aTm, Mizzou. 2014 B1G responds and adds Maryland, Ruggers. 2022 SEC adds OUT. B1G responds with adding USCLA.

AND if ND says yes, all bets are off and B1G would gobble them up like a kid with a bag full of Halloween candy.

There has been speculation for years that Texas and OU would leave. Nobody with common sense was surprised that they left. One of the concerns of the big 12 newbies is if the conference will stay together. Its the risk that they're taking by coming. Nothing dirty about what Texas and Ou did it was only business. Time for you to put your feet on planet earth instead of planet delusional.
Bowlsby was surprised. OH ..... you did say "nobody with common sense". You are correct Sir.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
Bowlsby was surprised. OH ..... you did say "nobody with common sense". You are correct Sir.
Everyone knew they would leave some day just like everyone knows that any teams not currently in the Sec or Big 10 wants out of their conference. When it come to the Big 12 commissioner. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT