ADVERTISEMENT

Concerning Oregon's search...

Bryan Harsin would be a much better choice. His team beat RRod Az team in the Fiesta Bowl and we all know that the Wvu team that Rich assembled could actually beat an Oklahoma team.

I would think Oregon would want a coach that has experience recruiting on the west coast. Dana doesn't seem to be a good fit for the ducks.

Bryan Harsin would be a much better choice. His team beat RRod Az team in the Fiesta Bowl and we all know that the Wvu team that Rich assembled could actually beat an Oklahoma team.

lol What kind of twisted transitive property logic is that? Rich Rod finished 3-9 this season and that game against Oklahoma was almost 10 years ago. Never mind that Rich Rodriguez didn't even coach in it. And then we're supposed to jump into Doc Brown's time machine again & compare it to a game that was played in the Fiesta bowl in 2014. You must be on the CFP playoff committee.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
What I find most embarrassing is any athletic dept that would actually use a search firm to help hire a Head Coach. The search firm is typically being also paid by potential coaches they 'recommend' (explains why Skip Holtz keeps getting head coaching jobs). The search firms are really winning in this from a financial standpoint-getting paid by both sides.. It is even worse that Oregon is doing this for the Head Football Coach which is the most important coaching hire on that campus. It tells me Rob Mullins, WV Native or not, isn't much of an AD.

I remember asking Oliver Luck once about hiring someone new if a coach left for another job. He said and I'll paraphrase, 'Any good AD should carry a list of at least 5 good names at all times for every head coaching position in the dept cause some will leave for another job and some you may have to fire.' The dude was a one of a kind, cause he had no filter.

What I find most embarrassing is any athletic dept that would actually use a search firm to help hire a Head Coach. The search firm is typically being also paid by potential coaches they 'recommend' (explains why Skip Holtz keeps getting head coaching jobs). The search firms are really winning in this from a financial standpoint-getting paid by both sides.. It is even worse that Oregon is doing this for the Head Football Coach which is the most important coaching hire on that campus. It tells me Rob Mullins, WV Native or not, isn't much of an AD.

I remember asking Oliver Luck once about hiring someone new if a coach left for another job. He said and I'll paraphrase, 'Any good AD should carry a list of at least 5 good names at all times for every head coaching position in the dept cause some will leave for another job and some you may have to fire.' The dude was a one of a kind, cause he had no filter.
The article in not about an actual search firm. It's sone journalists acting as if they are a search firm.

Oregon to me is a tough spot right now for any coach. Every team has mimicked their system, uniform trends & facilites. And not to mention their less than fertile recruiting ground in Oregon.

lol What kind of twisted transitive property logic is that? Rich Rod finished 3-9 this season and that game against Oklahoma was almost 10 years ago. Never mind that Rich Rodriguez didn't even coach in it. And then we're supposed to jump into Doc Brown's time machine again & compare it to a game that was played in the Fiesta bowl in 2014. You must be on the CFP playoff committee.

Exactly! And if my Grandma had balls, I'd be calling her Pap

Whoever gets Oregon better have some good ties to California recruiting or they will struggle. Chip Kelly made a living off of Cali kids.

We got a major downgrade from Luck. That's for sure.

Reactions: 3xWVUenginEER
After spending 5 years of money for OJT I am really glad we have been able to work something out to keep Dana but its funny because LSU, Texas or Oregon have never been interested like some thought or hoped. Dana/Gibby are a good fit for WVU right now. Lets hope it continues!

Speaking of OJT, hopefully Shame Lyings gets up to speed quickly. He's in over his head, big time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT