ADVERTISEMENT

Come on home...

Would love to see Punish-EER as an AD selling his coaching choices to fans

Reporter: Sir, you hired a coach who is not actually a football coach to coach a football team, what do you have to say to the concerned fans?

Punish-EER: You never know!

Last edited:
You don't know jackshit little pussyboy.
Hey look...the twat showed back up. You often are gone for a few days after wvu wins...so how pissed off were you that Brown and WVU won Saturday night....must be driving you crazy that we are 3-1

Rich is the best coach WVU has ever had and it's not close. We have to do whatever we can to sign him back. This crap we have going on now is death and destruction to wvu football and its not going to improve overall. Rich would want nothing more in this world right now than to get redemption. He knows he should've stayed and has admitted as such. He is a wv boy.

Rich would take this roster and have them putting up 35 every game. He would play the best players and scheme for them. Up tempo power running football backed by a good defense. It would be sweet.

Neal brown can't hold rich's jock. If it weren't for his buyout he would've been fired already and thst alone is a very bad look. Everyone knows it except the homiest of homers. It's stupid.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Ah the child who can’t comprehend sentences again. Again dummy I am not speaking in absolutes, anything could have gone differently, but Terrell Pryor who never committed to play for Rich Rodriguez here or anywhere else, and in fact committed to his rival, would not have been part of that hypothetical future. That much is certain. But somehow we are supposed to give credit to Rich for “being in” on Terrell Pryor and use that to support the argument of continuing his success post Pat White?

Let’s recap RR’s accomplishments without Pat White:

“Was in” on Terrell Pryor (Pryor unfortunately “was out” on RR)

2nd place in an 8 team league a few times

Went 10-4 at Arizona once
Lmao! Ironically you call me the dummy for not comprehending sentences when you respond to the wrong poster. I never said anything about Terrell Prior.

I guess 2nd place is considered a loser by your definition. Essentially, by your definition, WVU has always been a loser since they’ve never won a NC.
Would love to see Punish-EER as an AD selling his coaching choices to fans

Reporter: Sir, you hired a coach who is not actually a football coach to coach a football team, what do you have to say to the concerned fans?

Punish-EER: You never know!
So, you’re now saying Rodriguez is not actually a football coach? You nutcase lol. You’re all over the place. Do you have ADHD?

Lmao! Ironically you call me the dummy for not comprehending sentences when you respond to the wrong poster. I never said anything about Terrell Prior.
You jumped into an exchange about Terrell Pryor accusing me of predicting things, as if Pryor would have come here had Rich stayed and kept the winning going…

I guess 2nd place is considered a loser by your definition. Essentially, by your definition, WVU has always been a loser since they’ve never won a NC.
In an 8 team underwhelming league, yea it’s really not saying much, and even less when those magical 2nd place seasons happened 20 years ago.

You jumped into an exchange about Terrell Pryor accusing me of predicting things, as if Pryor would have come here had Rich stayed and kept the winning going…

In an 8 team underwhelming league, yea it’s really not saying much, and even less when those magical 2nd place seasons happened 20 years ago.
Now it’s an 8 team underwhelming league. You dummy lol. The 2001 Miami team won the NC. The 2002 Miami played for the NC.

Last edited:
Now it’s an 8 team underwhelming league. You dummy lol. The 2001 Miami team won the NC. The 2002 Miami played for the NC.
In 2004 Miami played in the ACC.

It has to be admitted that WVU greatly benefitted from the defections. WVU, by default, became the Miami of the Big East simply because we had the best recruiting, recent history, and yes, arguably coaching, etc. from the teams that remained.

If and when the job opens up, and Rich applies, he should be considered. Hopefully, he's way down on the list, but still, if its apparent he's the best for the job, then it should be his. But, rarely is the encore as good as the main set, unless your main set is filled with non hits, as Rich has had for going on more than 15 years now. If that's the case, you aren't playing to sold out arenas anymore; now you're playing in backwood dives for pennies on the dollar hoping for a chance for a career resurrection -as Rich is currently doing now.

The band is not getting back together. Like Jerry Garcia, lets leave what's best about the past in the past and be Grateful for what is now Dead.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
2001 we went 3-8. 2002 we finished 2nd while posting a 3-3 record in OOC/bowl games. The 2002 Big East conference outside of Miami was a joke.

Idk why I’m even engaging in this. You want Larry Coker? Jim Tressel? Lloyd Carr? Phil Fulmer? They all accomplished a hell of a lot more around that time.

2001 we went 3-8. 2002 we finished 2nd while posting a 3-3 record in OOC/bowl games. The 2002 Big East conference outside of Miami was a joke.

Idk why I’m even engaging in this. You want Larry Coker? Jim Tressel? Lloyd Carr? Phil Fulmer? They all accomplished a hell of a lot more around that time.
Lol Now it’s “outside of Miami” the Big East was a joke. Nevermind a couple years before Rod came to WVU, Virginia Tech also played for the NC. Now let me guess….it’s gonna be “Well, outside of Miami and Virginia Tech”. Nostradumbass you are hilarious lol!!!

Lol Now it’s “outside of Miami” the Big East was a joke. Nevermind a couple years before Rod came to WVU, Virginia Tech also played for the NC. Now let me guess….it’s gonna be “Well, outside of Miami and Virginia Tech”. Nostradumbass you are hilarious lol!!!
You don’t read… done with this nonsense. What happened in 2002 is irrelevant, if you want to argue with yourself over the merits of finishing 2nd in an 8 team league over 20 years ago, have a great day.

Last edited:
You don’t read… done with this nonsense. What happened in 2002 is irrelevant, if you want to argue with yourself over the merits of finishing 2nd in an 8 team league over 20 years ago, have a great day.
Now it’s irrelevant lol. You can’t even stay on topic. You are the one arguing Rich wasn’t a good coach without Pat White. I simply showed you that you are wrong.

Rich is the best coach WVU has ever had and it's not close. We have to do whatever we can to sign him back. This crap we have going on now is death and destruction to wvu football and its not going to improve overall. Rich would want nothing more in this world right now than to get redemption. He knows he should've stayed and has admitted as such. He is a wv boy.

Rich would take this roster and have them putting up 35 every game. He would play the best players and scheme for them. Up tempo power running football backed by a good defense. It would be sweet.

Neal brown can't hold rich's jock. If it weren't for his buyout he would've been fired already and thst alone is a very bad look. Everyone knows it except the homiest of homers. It's stupid.
Don Nehlen is far superior to ROD FRAUD.

Now it’s irrelevant lol. You can’t even stay on topic. You are the one arguing Rich wasn’t a good coach without Pat White. I simply showed you that you are wrong.
P5 coaching without Pat White 87-78 Seems Pat helped out Rod Fraud pretty well.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
This is all that matters, something Punish-EER cannot or will not grasp. When I bring this up he claims Im trying to be “Nostradamus” for going out on the limb of predicting the .500 coach without Pat White will continue to suck without Pat White especially being 7 years removed from his last stint in a major conference.

So let’s just spin a wheel and hire anybody, because you never know how it might pan out. If we’re gonna throw in proven shitty coaches who had a few good seasons to the pool of candidates we can throw dozens if not hundreds into the coaching search.

This is all that matters, something Punish-EER cannot or will not grasp. When I bring this up he claims Im trying to be “Nostradamus” for going out on the limb of predicting the .500 coach without Pat White will continue to suck without Pat White especially being 7 years removed from his last stint in a major conference.

So let’s just spin a wheel and hire anybody, because you never know how it might pan out. If we’re gonna throw in proven shitty coaches who had a few good seasons to the pool of candidates we can throw dozens if not hundreds into the coaching search.
Nostradumbass wrong again. Rod was not a .500 coach without Pat White at WVU. Have you and your PCP discussed Ritalin?

You’re way too emotional over Rodriguez. I’m sorry he hurt you
Back to this again, your go to whenever you have nothing to support your argument. You either try to put words in my mouth and argue against it, or just claim outright lies. Talking about mental disorders, this guy should probably be in a psych ward.

Back to this again, your go to whenever you have nothing to support your argument. You either try to put words in my mouth and argue against it, or just claim outright lies. Talking about mental disorders, this guy should probably be in a psych ward.
I’ve actually shown many times the results do not support your argument that Rod was not a good HC at WVU. You’ve attempted to run around circles and gotten nowhere

The 3 seasons at WVU before Pat White, Rodriguez teams went 25-13. 2002 WVU finished 2nd to Miami who played for the NC. 2003 WVU shared the Big East Championship with Miami. All before Pat White.
Okay now go forward into his POWER CONFERENCE coaching career, keep in mind it’s 2023 not 2002 anymore.

Using all caps to make sure you don’t miss it

Okay now go forward into his POWER CONFERENCE coaching career, keep in mind it’s 2023 not 2002 anymore.

Using all caps to make sure you don’t miss it
Keep in mind, the key point and topic of the original conversation was that Rodriguez was a good HC at WVU. I’ve shown that you were wrong. The results prove this. Again, you’re all over the place.

Keep in mind, the key point and topic of the original conversation was that Rodriguez was a good HC at WVU. I’ve shown that you were wrong. The results prove this. Again, you’re all over the place.
My original post ITT:

“He wouldn’t win, that’s the biggest problem. People act like Brown didn’t have a better resume coming from that level of football. 10 win seasons in FCS, Sun Belt, etc means nothing for a coach’s P5 outlook. It has been 10 years since his last flirtation with P5 relevance, his last great season at WVU might as well have happened in a different sport given the landscape changes since.”

My original response to you:

“We won an Orange Bowl 2 staffs removed from Rod and were a terrible personal foul call away from the Big XII title game long after his time. The Neal Brown years are the only time this program has been objectively bad for a sustained period of 4+ years under a coaching staff since the 70s, we don’t have to go dumpster diving for a coach who is also 0 for 2 in breaking 20 points against D1 competition this year because he was great for a short period of time with a QB he initially had on the bench behind Adam Bednarik well over a decade ago.”

Never once claimed he was not good at WVU. We got into it a little later about why WVU ascended in the Big East, but that is hardly the core argument. The main point here is RR, without Pat White, has mediocre power conference results as a coach. He hasn’t replicated any of his WVU success. If you want to create another fake argument of me saying he sucked at WVU, go for it, you can go jerk yourself off.

Rich took WVU to heights we hadnt seen yet. Brown is undoing all of it. Rich Rod is a hall of fame coach Neal Brown is a hall of shame coach.

Now is the time to offer Rich. I dont think we should wait even until the end of season. Rich Rod is the perfect fit for WVU no matter how you look at it.

My original post ITT:

“He wouldn’t win, that’s the biggest problem. People act like Brown didn’t have a better resume coming from that level of football. 10 win seasons in FCS, Sun Belt, etc means nothing for a coach’s P5 outlook. It has been 10 years since his last flirtation with P5 relevance, his last great season at WVU might as well have happened in a different sport given the landscape changes since.”

My original response to you:

“We won an Orange Bowl 2 staffs removed from Rod and were a terrible personal foul call away from the Big XII title game long after his time. The Neal Brown years are the only time this program has been objectively bad for a sustained period of 4+ years under a coaching staff since the 70s, we don’t have to go dumpster diving for a coach who is also 0 for 2 in breaking 20 points against D1 competition this year because he was great for a short period of time with a QB he initially had on the bench behind Adam Bednarik well over a decade ago.”

Never once claimed he was not good at WVU. We got into it a little later about why WVU ascended in the Big East, but that is hardly the core argument. The main point here is RR, without Pat White, has mediocre power conference results as a coach. He hasn’t replicated any of his WVU success. If you want to create another fake argument of me saying he sucked at WVU, go for it, you can go jerk yourself off.
See the above in bold. Again, I’ve proven that to be false. He went 25-13 in the 3 years prior to the arrival of Pat White at WVU. He finished 2nd to Miami in 2002. The same Miami who played for the NC. In 2003, he shared the Big East Championship with Miami. At the time, the Big East was one of the power conferences.

As for sucked, you did say this…”He didn’t win shit without Pat White. Here or anywhere else.”. I guess that’s a similar interpretation, don’t you agree? Truth is though, He did win here without Pat White and I’ve shown this. He shared a Big East Championship with Miami in 2003.

See the above in bold. Again, I’ve proven that to be false. He went 25-13 in the 3 years prior to the arrival of Pat White at WVU. He finished 2nd to Miami in 2002. The same Miami who played for the NC. In 2003, he shared the Big East Championship with Miami. At the time, the Big East was one of the power conferences.

As for sucked, you did say this…”He didn’t win shit without Pat White. Here or anywhere else.”. I guess that’s a similar interpretation, don’t you agree? Truth is though, He did win here without Pat White and I’ve shown this. He shared a Big East Championship with Miami in 2003.
P5 coaching record without Pat White 87-78. Further on that, 0 conference titles in which his team represented the conference without Pat White, 0 major bowl wins without Pat White at this level. If your hill to die on is coming in 2nd in 2002 and 2003 then have at it boss, what holds significantly more weight in why he shouldn’t be considered for the WVU head coaching gig is largely based on his lack of success post WVU and how he hasn’t coached at this level in 7 years.

P5 coaching record without Pat White 87-78. Further on that, 0 conference titles in which his team represented the conference without Pat White, 0 major bowl wins without Pat White. If your hill to die on is coming in 2nd in 2002 and 2003 then have at it boss, what holds significantly more weight in why he shouldn’t be considered for the WVU head coaching gig is largely based on his lack of success post WVU and how he hasn’t coached at this level in 7 years.
Your quote Represented in bold is false. You keep rambling about nonsense that doesn’t pertain to the original topic.

What BCS bowl did we go to in 2002 or 2003?
I didn’t say he went to a BCS bowl. However, he did win a share of the Big East in 2003. Again, facts. I get it, you don’t like Rodriguez. Just come clean and say you don’t like him and stop trying to diminish his accomplishments.

I didn’t say he went to a BCS bowl. However, he did win a share of the Big East in 2003. Again, facts. I get it, you don’t like Rodriguez. Just come clean and say you don’t like him and stop trying to diminish his accomplishments.
Right, as a team that finished with 3 more losses as well as a head to head loss to the actual champion who represented the Big East in the BCS bowl, you know the bowl that goes to the champion of the conference… [eyeroll]

This is my last post on your pre Pat White circle jerk, it is unequivocally irrelevant for why he should be considered to coach WVU today, and the hairs you are splitting do not mean jack shit.

Right, as a team that finished with 3 more losses as well as a head to head loss to the actual champion who represented the Big East in the BCS bowl, you know the bowl that goes to the champion of the conference… [eyeroll]

This is my last post on your pre Pat White circle jerk, it is unequivocally irrelevant for why he should be considered to coach WVU today, and the hairs you are splitting do not mean jack shit.
Was that 2003 Miami WVU game a fluke? Was Pat White on the field? Quincy Wilson late TD run had WVU winning with 1-2 minutes left in the game against Miami. Kellen Winslow made a diving desperation grab on 4th and 20 something to keep their drive going that won it for Miami 22-20. I’m sure Rodriguez had nothing to do with that game. Right? You keep trying and trying to diminish his success without Pat White. Now run along…you’ve embarrassed yourself enough. lol

Rich took WVU to heights we hadnt seen yet. Brown is undoing all of it. Rich Rod is a hall of fame coach Neal Brown is a hall of shame coach.

Now is the time to offer Rich. I dont think we should wait even until the end of season. Rich Rod is the perfect fit for WVU no matter how you look at it.
Was that 2003 Miami WVU game a fluke? Was Pat White on the field? Quincy Wilson late TD run had WVU winning with 1-2 minutes left in the game against Miami. Kellen Winslow made a diving desperation grab on 4th and 20 something to keep their drive going that won it for Miami 22-20. I’m sure Rodriguez had nothing to do with that game. Right? You keep trying and trying to diminish his success without Pat White. Now run along…you’ve embarrassed yourself enough. lol
I can understand people hating Rich Rod the way he left Wvu was highly unprofessional. What I can't understand is the revisionist history nonsense. These guys will tell you that the schedules Rich played weren't that tough. That may be true but how many of the other Mountaineer teams that won double digit games actually navigated tough schedules. They will tell you he didn't win anything without Pat White. Who is responsible for bringing Pat White to Wvu in the first place. Who was the head coach at Wvu when Pat White decided to decommit from Lsu as a safety and decided to come to Wvu and play Qb. Before Rich came to Wvu people hoped that we would make it to a bowl game. Rich turned a bowl game into an expectation. After the 2005 season Rich had the fan base believing we could beat anyone. The teams he constructed where the only Wvu teams that proved they could beat a blue blood in a bowl game. Whether people like it or not Rich changed Wvu in a way that no other coach did. He got Noel Devine to spur his mentor Deion Sanders and come to Wvu. He had the number 1 recruit in the country Terral Pryor seriously considering Wvu. Every coach that comes to Wvu walks into Rich's shadow. Until someone can come in here and duplicate his success the ghost of Rich will remain.

Pretty weak argument Rich was responsible for bringing Pat White to Wvu is the 1st place. If that's the best, you got then I guess you could say Nehlen was nothing before Major Harris or Saban wouldn't have been half the coach he was until he got to the Sec where he could get the big-time recruits.

I can understand people hating Rich Rod the way he left Wvu was highly unprofessional. What I can't understand is the revisionist history nonsense. These guys will tell you that the schedules Rich played weren't that tough. That may be true but how many of the other Mountaineer teams that won double digit games actually navigated tough schedules. They will tell you he didn't win anything without Pat White. Who is responsible for bringing Pat White to Wvu in the first place. Who was the head coach at Wvu when Pat White decided to decommit from Lsu as a safety and decided to come to Wvu and play Qb. Before Rich came to Wvu people hoped that we would make it to a bowl game. Rich turned a bowl game into an expectation. After the 2005 season Rich had the fan base believing we could beat anyone. The teams he constructed where the only Wvu teams that proved they could beat a blue blood in a bowl game. Whether people like it or not Rich changed Wvu in a way that no other coach did. He got Noel Devine to spur his mentor Deion Sanders and come to Wvu. He had the number 1 recruit in the country Terral Pryor seriously considering Wvu. Every coach that comes to Wvu walks into Rich's shadow. Until someone can come in here and duplicate his success the ghost of Rich will remain.
That’s why I kept telling the OP if he just admitted he didn’t like Rich as a person and for that reason declined bringing him back, I could completely understand. Attempting to diminish his accomplishments at WVU only makes the OP look like a fool.

That’s why I kept telling the OP if he just admitted he didn’t like Rich as a person and for that reason declined bringing him back, I could completely understand. Attempting to diminish his accomplishments at WVU only makes the OP look like a fool.
Everyone on the outside see these revisionist history types as fools. The reason Stewart, Holgorsen and Now Brown have taken as much heat as they do is because of Rich's accomplishments. When Rich walked into Wvu no one expected a bowl game every year. No one expected we would have three consecutive top 10 finishes. He is the one who set the bar that the current coach's will be measured by.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Everyone on the outside see these revisionist history types as fools. The reason Stewart, Holgorsen and Now Brown have taken as much heat as they do is because of Rich's accomplishments. When Rich walked into Wvu no one expected a bowl game every year. No one expected we would have three consecutive top 10 finishes. He is the one who set the bar that the current coach's will be measured by.
There’s a lot of truth to that. In a lot of ways, Nehlen proved it was possible. Rich proved it was capable.

Rich, his agent and Calvin McGee concocted a story that a WVU representative told McGee that he shouldn’t waste his time applying for the Head Coaching position at WVU because he was black. Tarnishing the reputation of the University. McGee swore in his deposition that happened and named the person, place and time.
Funny thing, the man was at his daughters school for a Christmas play and drove straight to Pittsburgh to catch a plane in the Midwest never going near the facilities building that morning.
THAT is the only reason I don’t want him back. They lied and tried to tarnish the schools reputation trying to get out of paying his exit fee he agreed to the previous year.

Don Nehlen is far superior to ROD FRAUD.
Far? Nah. I love Don for sure, i mean he is a legend, but an argument can definitely be made on that. I'm not going to make that argument but one can be made.

That being said. Bring on Rich Rod! Lifetime contract. 100 mil buyout, haha jk. But seriously I would love to see what he could do coming back home.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT