ADVERTISEMENT

Chance for WVU to move into Top 25 in basketball?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Shriners Children's Charleston Classic has only ONE Top 25 team in it, St. Bonaventure.

There are teams with good basketball history, but not this season. WVU may be the best name-brand in the tournament.

Thu, Nov. 18
2 p.m.
#23/#24 St. Bonaventure vs. Boise State
ESPN2

4 p.m.
Clemson vs. Temple
ESPN2

7 p.m.
Marquette vs. Ole Miss
ESPN2 or ESPNU

9 p.m. or 9:30 p.m.
Elon vs. West Virginia
ESPN2

Fri, Nov. 19
12 p.m.
Consolation #1
ESPN2 or ESPNU

2 p.m. or 2:30 p.m.
Semifinal #1
ESPN2 or ESPNU

7 p.m.
Semifinal #2
ESPN2

9 p.m.
Consolation #2
ESPN3

Sun, Nov. 21
10:30 a.m.
7th Place Game
ESPNU

1 p.m.
5th Place Game
ESPN2

5 p.m.
3rd Place Game
ESPN2

7:30 p.m.
Championship
ESPN

Based on what? A seven point win over Oakland and beating pitt by the same margin as The Citadel?

Reactions: drjayhawk
Based on what? A seven point win over Oakland and beating pitt by the same margin as The Citadel?

NO, BASED ON THE EYEBALLS OF SOMEONE WHO WAS PAID FOR DECADES TO KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT IN SPORTS. IT GAVE ME A GOOD LIFE, TRAVELS TO 56 COUNTRIES AND 44 STATES AND MORE THAN 30 WINTERS IN FLORIDA OF UP TO 4 MONTHS EACH WINTER. AND A STOCK PORTFOLIO THAT GROWS FASTER THAN I CAN SPEND IT. WVU BREEZED PAST AN OAKLAND TEAM THAT BEAT OKLAHOMA STATE. I'LL GIVE YOU THAT PITT IS CRAP, JUST LIKE THE CHANT AT EVERY WVU GAME SAYS. BUT HUGGINS HAS THE FEROCIOUS, RELENTLESS DEFENSE THAT HE LOVES THIS SEASON. BARRING INJURIES THIS COULD BE A MAGICAL SEASON.

Bridges and Curry show promise, Sherman and McNeil are pretty solid. Gabe O. is there defensively, big questions remain. and most of them are BIG questions.

Bridges and Curry show promise, Sherman and McNeil are pretty solid. Gabe O. is there defensively, big questions remain. and most of them are BIG questions.

I AGREE. 10 GAMES FROM NOW WE'LL ALL HAVE A BETTER EVALUATION OF THIS TEAM. BUT I SEE FAR MORE PROMISING THINGS THAT I HAVE IN SEVERAL YEARS AT THIS STAGE. MAYBE I'M BEING PREMATURE, BUT I HOPE NOT.

With Marquette knocking off Illinois that makes another team other than the Bonnies for WVU to watch out for. May be two good tests in the tournament, at least, for Huggins Heroes.

I'd really like to know just one thing: Why do you insist of doing "all caps" in some of your posts? Very annoying.

With Marquette knocking off Illinois that makes another team other than the Bonnies for WVU to watch out for. May be two good tests in the tournament, at least, for Huggins Heroes.
Kofi Cockburn, Illinois' great center, didn't play, due to a suspension, so I wouldn't attach too much significance to Marquette's one-point win over Illinois in Milwaukee.

WVU will do well until league play starts and then we’ll slip to the .500 - .600 mark….

TELL THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO PAID ME HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR THE JOB I DID.
Nothing more gauche than talking about the money you "make."

Guess who does that? POS rappers in blinged out APs, people who are lying, or unrefined assholes. Which one(s) are you?

Reactions: KingCoal
Nothing more gauche than talking about the money you "make."

Guess who does that? POS rappers in blinged out APs, people who are lying, or unrefined assholes. Which one(s) are you?

PEOPLE WHO KNOW ME PERSONALLY ARE LAUGHING AT HOW FAR OFF THE MARK YOU ARE. LET'S TALK WVU BASKETBALL, NOT WHETHER YOU LIKE THE WAY I PART MY HAIR.

When WVU beats Elon, it will be 3-0 against Oakland (one of the better teams in the Detroit Metro area) and Pittsburgh (Elite Eight 2008).

WVU will be 3-0. Meanwhile, teams like UK, Nova, and Texas have already lost. Certainly WVU should jump those teams.

WVU will not enter top 25 until about the 9th game. Then they will proceed to lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT