ADVERTISEMENT

Can anybody couple.....

You may have better luck with those terms with Notre Dame, Alabama, or some other program where your athletic department never threw insults at. You can do it, just call 'em up and up and start dictating terms of the deal. It's worked pretty good for you so far.
Not going to get a home and with 'bama...but we don't confuse WVU with 'bama!

Not going to get a home and with 'bama...but we don't confuse WVU with 'bama!

Obviously your schools athletic administrators were confused when they they could try to play tough guy when dealing with WVU.......look at what that got you. Maybe you can use the same tactics to get a home and home with Morgan State, but the war of words had a negative affect in Morgantown WV.

Obviously your schools athletic administrators were confused when they they could try to play tough guy when dealing with WVU.......look at what that got you. Maybe you can use the same tactics to get a home and home with Morgan State, but the war of words had a negative affect in Morgantown WV.
MU: We'll play you boys home and home.....love to!
WVU: Don't play tough guy with us!

MU: We'll play you boys home and home.....love to!
WVU: Don't play tough guy with us!

WVU's reply - You are too small time for us to agree to that. Now if you want a handsome paycheck you're welcome to come up here and get it like all the G5 schools that already recognize their place in the overall scheme. Until then have fun with the Morgan States of the world.http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bs-sp-local-apr-scores-0421-20160420-story.html

Sorry about the link, that's the first thing that popped up when I googled Morgan State to see where in the hell they were from. People tend to judge you by the company you keep.........nice addition to your schedule.

Last edited:
WVU's reply - You are too small time for us to agree to that. Now if you want a handsome paycheck you're welcome to come up here and get it like all the G5 schools that already recognize their place in the overall scheme. Until then have fun with the Morgan States of the world.http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bs-sp-local-apr-scores-0421-20160420-story.html

Sorry about the link, that's the first thing that popped up when I googled Morgan State to see where in the hell they were from.
Do you mean like ECU?

See where you have a home and home with the mighty Pirates!

ECU earned that by coming to Morgantown and taking an ass kicking year after year. While they were collecting their paycheck in return they never tried to dictate the terms of the deal, they just came, took their ass whipping and their paycheck and went home. In the meantime they built themselves up to a respectable level and have been rewarded with a home and home series with us. A lesson that the staff at Marshall could well learn from.

ECU earned that by coming to Morgantown and taking an ass kicking year after year. While they were collecting their paycheck in return they never tried to dictate the terms of the deal, they just came, took their ass whipping and their paycheck and went home. In the meantime they built themselves up to a respectable level and have been rewarded with a home and home series with us. A lesson that the staff at Marshall could well learn from.
Hahahahahahahaha, changing your position a bit Buzz. You just told me you NEVER play G-5's home and home, I guess you meant unless they "earn" it! ECU was horrible last year and I'd stop making fun of Morgan State while I am at it ,they beat Delaware Sate 26-6 last season.....sorry for injecting facts into the discussion!

Hahahahahahahaha, changing your position a bit Buzz. You just told me you NEVER play G-5's home and home, I guess you meant unless they "earn" it! ECU was horrible last year and I'd stop making fun of Morgan State while I am at it ,they beat Delaware Sate 26-6 last season.....sorry for injecting facts into the discussion!

Twist it any way you want it, Marshall is one G5 that will never have a home and home series with WVU. Your administrators made sure of that.

C'mon, why the hell would two D-1 teams play in a 35,000 seat stadium when there's a 60,000 one in Morgantown?

What's really good for the state?

No, your fear ensures that.

Fear of what?

Fear of losing to a program that we have beaten the shit out of and then beat them for shitting?

C'mon you gotta do better than that.

But really now, why have you never beaten us?

Tony, maybe you are the one who doesn't understand..........we won't play a game with one of the have nots like Marshall that try to dictate the terms. It's really that simple. Youngstown State accepts their place, Delaware State also sees their place in the big picture. Why does Marshall have such a hard time with it? Swallow your pride, come to Morgantown, take your ass kicking, take the big check to the bank and be happy with it. If those terms aren't agreeable, just keep telling the bill collectors that the check is in the mail.

Here's the thing...we don't need you. We have much better programs like Louisville coming to our house to play. We also would schedule series with big name schools and not expect them to come to Huntington, for instance, Ohio State. tOSU and the like are on the level you perceive yourself and that is beyond laughable. Little WVu is on the level of Louisville, not the elites. You can't get that through your thick skull and that is why you're 26-25 conference record. That's how it will always be for you in a big boy conference.

Here's the thing...we don't need you. We have much better programs like Louisville coming to our house to play. We also would schedule series with big name schools and not expect them to come to Huntington, for instance, Ohio State. tOSU and the like are on the level you perceive yourself and that is beyond laughable. Little WVu is on the level of Louisville, not the elites. You can't get that through your thick skull and that is why you're 26-25 conference record. That's how it will always be for you in a big boy conference.
Man that is great and we do not need you. Funny thing is you are here but you don't need us. Why is that? No one on here has said or implied that we are on the same level as Ohio State. We are on the same level as UL but have dominated the series. OK, so you're not good at this smack stuff. We all know that already.

Man that is great and we do not need you. Funny thing is you are here but you don't need us. Why is that? No one on here has said or implied that we are on the same level as Ohio State. We are on the same level as UL but have dominated the series. OK, so you're not good at this smack stuff. We all know that already.

Marshall has dominated the series with Louisville as well. Crazy, huh?

We are here to antagonize and piss you off. We are not here lobbying to a bunch of nobody Ear fans like you for a game.

C'mon, why the hell would two D-1 teams play in a 35,000 seat stadium when there's a 60,000 one in Morgantown?

What's really good for the state?

So, are you saying that no FBS team should play another FBS in its home stadium if the other team has a stadium that is at least 25,000 seats larger?

And you do know that 45 schools play in larger stadiums than The Puss, right?
I was actually hoping WVU would have the balls to do a 1-1 with Michigan, but that seems impossible to imagine now. UM has 55,000 more seats than 'The Puss', so there's no way to justify UM traveling to play in that dinky stadium. Simply doesn't make sense.

So, are you saying that no FBS team should play another FBS in its home stadium if the other team has a stadium that is at least 25,000 seats larger?
He didn't say that. He didn't say anything close to that. Try to stop letting your hormonal emotions enter a simple debate of facts.

I was actually hoping WVU would have the balls to do a 1-1 with Michigan, but that seems impossible to imagine now. UM has 55,000 more seats than 'The Puss', so there's no way to justify UM traveling to play in that dinky stadium. Simply doesn't make sense.
No we were to busy playing Alabama and LSU while MU was getting beat by App State. I am sure our AD would be willing to talked to UM about a game in 10 years or so. We just have Pitt, Penn State, Tennessee and Virginia Tech on future schedules before we have room to add more.

No we were to busy playing Alabama and LSU while MU was getting beat by App State. I am sure our AD would be willing to talked to UM about a game in 10 years or so. We just have Pitt, Penn State, Tennessee and Virginia Tech on future schedules before we have room to add more.
Nope, sorry. No need to bother calling. Using your own logic, UM cannot travel to Morgen Towne, due to your inadequate stadium size.

Nope, sorry. No need to bother calling. Using your own logic, UM cannot travel to Morgen Towne, due to your inadequate stadium size.
It is not my logic but I really like that we are focused on our old rival's. Playing Pitt and Penn State in the same year is exciting.

It is not my logic but I really like that we are focused on our old rival's. Playing Pitt and Penn State in the same year is exciting.
Hard to tell if those games will pan out or not. Shit changes often these days. On the contrary, the New Flagship is excited about playing two of your old rivals, Pitt & Louisville, in the coming weeks.

Hard to tell if those games will pan out or not. Shit changes often these days. On the contrary, the New Flagship is excited about playing two of your old rivals, Pitt & Louisville, in the coming weeks.

As I have said in the past, I hope you boys beat the crap out of Pitt. Nice to see MVU play a couple of decent teams this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT