ADVERTISEMENT

Can anybody couple.....

gcb

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
"we want to play WVU so we can show them again" with "any time, any place" and explain why it hasn't happened yet?

Skeert?

Or just plain ole street corner, chest thumping pseudo tough guy talk?

"we want to play WVU so we can show them again" with "any time, any place" and explain why it hasn't happened yet?

Skeert?

Or just plain ole street corner, chest thumping pseudo tough guy talk?
Keep in mind they have to dictate the terms of the series. They have earned that with their 0-12 record against us and their non power 5 status.

Keep in mind they have to dictate the terms of the series. They have earned that with their 0-12 record against us and their non power 5 status.

But ... but ... but ... they beat Old Dominion AND Florida International!! AND they took Kent St into 2OT's and beat them!!!

They deserve respect and have earned the right to dictate terms.

Imagine if we, WVU fans and admin, went to say Alabama's media or Rivals site and said the completely stoopid sh*t Moo'ers say to us.

They have no sense of reality or shame. Perhaps it is a poor upbringing, stupidity, or poor education.

It is kind of like how a child says they aren't afraid of their parents until their parents thump them in front of a bunch of people..... then they still ask for an allowance because their little lemonade stand isn't attracting any business.

Imagine if we, WVU fans and admin, went to say Alabama's media or Rivals site and said the completely stoopid sh*t Moo'ers say to us.

They have no sense of reality or shame. Perhaps it is a poor upbringing, stupidity, or poor education.

You can expect stupid comments from an over zealous and delusional fan base such as Marshall has, but when their AD and coaches repeatedly also make the same dumbass type of comments before the media it only serves to prove how they aren't ready for prime time. That kind of stuff may have worked amongst their peers when they were 1-AA. All it does for them now is burn bridges.

Maybe if you guys could ever make it back to being ranked ahead of us the Alabama comments would have merit. I would feel perfectly comfortable saying to fans of Illinois, Wake Forest, etc. (your real peers) the same thing I say to wvu fans.

Maybe if you guys could ever make it back to being ranked ahead of us the Alabama comments would have merit. I would feel perfectly comfortable saying to fans of Illinois, Wake Forest, etc. (your real peers) the same thing I say to wvu fans.

March on over to the Illinois and Wake Forest boards and demand one for one or none.......tell 'em all about how you're like Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and BYU of the have nots........DEMAND that they schedule Marshall on Marshalls terms. Call 'em out as chickens when they don't submit. Keep us posted on how well that works out for you

March on over to the Illinois and Wake Forest boards and demand one for one or none.......tell 'em all about how you're like Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and BYU of the have nots........DEMAND that they schedule Marshall on Marshalls terms. Call 'em out as chickens when they don't submit. Keep us posted on how well that works out for you

Don't forget to remind them how much you celebrate being unranked and how you talk the most trash to a team you are 0-12 against. That'll show them.

No doubt you'd feel comfortable letting your mouth overload your teams ass to those teams too. Keep up the rhetoric Herdiot, it's worked really well for your team so far.

Were were ranked higher than you last year in every objective poll. Dont be delusional.

Being squeezed out of the FBS is taking its toll on the mooers. Some have moved to the "bargaining" stage(see the 'Here ya go, we'll take this deal' post), while the majority remain in the denial and anger stages. After their 200k windfall this year, most will move to the, bargaining, stage. But, it will be too late. They played their hand about as poorly as it can be played from the MAC to WVU. Should have stayed in the MAC, kept their mouths shut and taken their ass whippings against WVU and they would have been in a much better situation.

Reactions: 30CAT
They think since Doc voted Moo U in the coaches poll that it actually means something. It means he has no shame.
Every other poll, ones based on actual competition and statistics, show us way ahead, every year

Last edited:
Yea.....wait, they don't have any Fiesta, Orange, or Sugar Bowls in the last decade. Shit, nobody has all 3 of those in the last decade. We have no peers but greatness....

Moo U on the other hand, well you did beat FIU and FIA in the same year.

They think since Doc voted Moo U in the coaches poll that it actually means something. It means he has no shame.
Every oher poll, ones based on actual competition and statistics, show us way ahead, every year

Doc used his vote to rank his own team as 11th best in the nation, hence the 15 points in the also receiving votes category. If not for Doc's vote Marshall would not have been mentioned in the final poll at all.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...llege-football-polls-rankings-playoff-seeding

This link pretty much sums it up

Last edited:
Seriously, who else would have voted for moo? Who the hell did they beat last year? Don't know their record, know they weren't very good, didn't win their conference, went to a shitty bowl(everyone goes to bowls). Who in their right mind would have even thought about moo? Obviously someone did.....no question it was Doc.

Seriously, who else would have voted for moo? Who the hell did they beat last year? Don't know their record, know they weren't very good, didn't win their conference, went to a shitty bowl(everyone goes to bowls). Who in their right mind would have even thought about moo? Obviously someone did.....no question it was Doc.
09-06 Purdue 2-10 (1-7) 106 41-31 W
09-12 at Ohio 8-5 (5-3) 58 10-21 L
09-19 Norfolk St. 4-7 (4-3) 206 45-7 W
09-26 at Kent St. 3-9 (2-6) 124 36-29 W
10-03 Old Dominion 5-7 (3-5) 102 27-7 W
10-09 Southern Miss 9-5 (7-2) 65 31-10 W
10-17 at Florida Atlantic 3-9 (3-5) 123 33-17 W
10-24 North Texas 1-11 (1-7) 141 30-13 W
10-31 at Charlotte 2-10 (0-8) 148 34-10 W
11-07 at Middle Tenn. St. 7-6 (6-2) 75 24-27 L
11-14 Florida Intl. 5-7 (3-5) 101 52-0 W
11-27 at W. Kentucky 12-2 (9-0) 33 28-49 L
12-26 vs Connecticut 6-7 (4-4) 77 16-10 W

I underestimated the mighty Herd........all this time I thought they never beat a team last year that finished the season with a winning record. I was mistaken. Southern Miss was 9-5 and somehow the Herd managed to beat them. One win against a team with a winning record, just one. Doesn't leave much doubt about which coach voted them the 11th best team in the nation.

Wow, actually seeing their schedule really puts in perspective how terrible it was.

Even worse, Marshall only played four teams that finished over .500 last year and went 1-3 against them. We're not talking about the elites of college football, either. We're talking about Ohio, Southern Miss, Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky. 1-3 against those giants. Let that reality sink in for a second. . . .

Seriously, any Marshall fan want to defend that? I'd love to hear it.

The teams Marshall beat went 40-82. The teams wvu beat went 39-59.

The teams Marshall beat had a winning percentage of 33%. The teams wvu beat had a winning percentage of 39%.

You morons mocking that from your position is akin to bob huggins mocking somebody for being a sloppy piece of shit.

and the #236 strongest schedule. ouch

I've asked you no less than five times to provide proof of that. What were you saying about facts, moron?

Wow, actually seeing their schedule really puts in perspective how terrible it was.

Even worse, Marshall only played four teams that finished over .500 last year and went 1-3 against them. We're not talking about the elites of college football, either. We're talking about Ohio, Southern Miss, Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky. 1-3 against those giants. Let that reality sink in for a second. . . .

To quote a line from a movie.........

That pretty much sums up how Marshall sees themselves as compared to how the rest of the college football world views them.

Doc used his vote to rank his own team as 11th best in the nation, hence the 15 points in the also receiving votes category. If not for Doc's vote Marshall would not have been mentioned in the final poll at all.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...llege-football-polls-rankings-playoff-seeding

This link pretty much sums it up

Well, that's from the 12/6/15 poll. By clicking the link in the article and then looking at how each coach voted, it can be seen that Doc didn't vote for Marshall. Can you provide a link that substantiates your claim that Doc voted Marshall 11th?

Yea.....wait, they don't have any Fiesta, Orange, or Sugar Bowls in the last decade. Shit, nobody has all 3 of those in the last decade. We have no peers but greatness....

Moo U on the other hand, well you did beat FIU and FIA in the same year.

Be careful, you'll have to start expanding that "over the last decade" thing soon.

Oh let me Google that for you Moron.

49 Marshall 10-3 21.25 236 43.46 Cusa 6-2

This is from RealTimeRPI which I have provided a link in the past and has MVU the closest to WVU than any of the computer services. The rest have MVU 30 spots or more behind WVU. Once again facts are hard on the twisted Herd logic. Now back to ignore moron.

Well, that's from the 12/6/15 poll. By clicking the link in the article and then looking at how each coach voted, it can be seen that Doc didn't vote for Marshall. Can you provide a link that substantiates your claim that Doc voted Marshall 11th?

You can only see how each coach voted during the regular season, you don't see the final. Interestingly enough, Marshall got no votes at the end of the regular season, and then suddenly after that rousing and exciting victory over the ever-powerful Huskies, they get 15 points. No points when the votes will be on record WRT who voted for whom and where, and then 15 points when those votes wouldn't be on record.

And Doc was on the voting committee. One that is known to be based on things other than actual feelings of which teams are better. For instance, did you know that Steve Spurrier always gave Duke a vote when he was on that panel? It was because they gave him his first coaching job, didn't matter how many games they won, who they beat, or if they even won a game at all.

This is from RealTimeRPI .

You'd get a better result if you went with the SOS that your Down Syndrome daughter posted on her Facebook page.

Let's look at this SOS from your source. The Pioneer Conference is the worst FCS conference in the country. They don't offer a single scholarship in football. In other words, they play with a bunch of kids who didn't have a single D1 football scholarship, and usually, kids who didn't even have a D2 scholarship. No Pioneer Conference plays an FBS team. In fact, most play only one school each year that even offers scholarships.

In knowing that, your source claims that all except for two teams in the conference had a tougher schedule than Marshall. It claims Morehead State had a tougher schedule. It claimed campbell had a tougher schedule. So, let's look at Campbell's schedule:

Pikeville (NAIA or 2)
Chowan (D2)
Presbyterian (FCS that offers scholarships)
Drake (non-scholarship)
Butler (non-scholarship)
Marist (non-scholarship)
Morehead (non-scholarship)
San Diego (non-scholarship)
Stetson (non-scholarship)
Jacksonville (non-scholarship)
Davidson (non-scholarship)

So, according to your source, that schedule is significantly harder than Marshall's. See how dumb you look? No team in that conference would be within 30 points of Marshall . . . and that's a conservative number. When those teams play just FCS schools that offer scholarships, they get crushed.

See how stupid you look when you use ridiculous sources for your argument? Even your daughter calls you "retarded."

I don't have mcuh faith in either the coaches poll or the sportswriters poll. Too much home cooking sways the votes. Instead I like the computer polls that take the human factor out and strength of schedule is part of the formula. My favorite is the Sagarin poll.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

I don't have mcuh faith in either the coaches poll or the sportswriters poll. Too much home cooking sways the votes. Instead I like the computer polls that take the human factor out and strength of schedule is part of the formula. My favorite is the Sagarin poll.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
I like Sagarin also and have found their predictor pretty reliable. It is hard for MVU fans to see just how awful their schedule is. It is much easier for them to call us names than to face the fact that they played nobody and beat nobody. If you look at Sagarin they have us at 27 and MVU at 66 with a predicted WVU margin of victory of 13.7 points. I would have expected at least a 21 point difference if we played them last year but perhaps they could have been within 14 points.

Sagarin has MVU's schedule at #136. With about 130 FBS teams, that really sucks. So if the delusional moron's of MVU want to argue about if their schedule was the 138th strongest schedule out of 130 teams verses 236th, have at it. It does not take away from the facts of playing in a horrible league and playing a shit schedule. Notice that Iowa State at 3-9 was rated 67 and MVU would have been an under dog at Iowa State. Ouch

Sagarin has MVU's schedule at #136. With about 130 FBS teams, that really sucks. So if the delusional moron's of MVU want to argue about if their schedule was the 138th strongest

Is it 136th now or 138th? Damn, you're so dumb you can't even keep that straight. Just stick with 236th. It gives us yet another reason to laugh at you, Pioneer Conference defender.

. Notice that Iowa State at 3-9 was rated 67 and MVU would have been an under dog at Iowa State. Ouch

And Iowa State would have been a dog at Marshall.

Reactions: 30Kelly
Well all the computers have WVU over MVU. Sagarin has it 27 to 66. Interestingly MVU is sandwiched in between two 3-9 teams, South Carolina at 65 and Iowa State at 67. Man the schedule sucks at #138 or #236 depending on which one you look at. Sorry if I got you guys excited but moving you 2 places to 136 with a typo, but we all know that Illinois State plays a better schedule than MVU. Congrats on getting your coach to vote for himself delivering the only thing you can ever achieve, a moral victory.

Well all the computers have WVU over MVU. Sagarin has it 27 to 66. Interestingly MVU is sandwiched in between two 3-9 teams, South Carolina at 65 and Iowa State at 67. Man the schedule sucks at #138 or #236 depending on which one you look at. Sorry if I got you guys excited but moving you 2 places to 136 with a typo, but we all know that Illinois State plays a better schedule than MVU. Congrats on getting your coach to vote for himself delivering the only thing you can ever achieve, a moral victory.
Hahahahahahahhahaha...all the computer had you boys over KSU last year! How'd that work out?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT