ADVERTISEMENT

Cal, Stanford to Big12?

All this is so strange!! No more pac 12 is gonna be very different.

If it doesn't lower the money then go for it. People who act like WVU will have to play all the west coast teams are sniffing fumes.

The deal will happen if ESPN and FOX want it. The bottom line is without the PAC and ACC then B1G and SEC get more teams in playoffs.

You get them and then the leftovers of ACC in 10 years. Big 12 is never going to be B1G or SEC. So a day will come when there will be an East Coast, West Coast, Central and Mountain divisions in Big 12. Total 24 teams with 6 in each. Get ready for it.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
If it doesn't lower the money then go for it. People who act like WVU will have to play all the west coast teams are sniffing fumes.

The deal will happen if ESPN and FOX want it. The bottom line is without the PAC and ACC then B1G and SEC get more teams in playoffs.

You get them and then the leftovers of ACC in 10 years. Big 12 is never going to be B1G or SEC. So a day will come when there will be an East Coast, West Coast, Central and Mountain divisions in Big 12. Total 24 teams with 6 in each. Get ready for it.
Make me.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
I am confused. Not long ago - the B12 guarded against adding members - because the pie had to be cut into more pieces. Not a problem if a league adds Texas and Oklahoma - as the pie gets bigger.
If the B12 adds Cal, Stanford, WSU, OSU - will the TV networks give the conference $120 mil more per year (to keep 30 mil payout per) because of those 4 teams?? Seems unlikely to me.

It makes me wonder if the calculus has changed. We are heading towards only 3 conferences - and the B12 figures it should at least grab P5 teams to stay in the game as conference #3?

I am confused. Not long ago - the B12 guarded against adding members - because the pie had to be cut into more pieces. Not a problem if a league adds Texas and Oklahoma - as the pie gets bigger.
If the B12 adds Cal, Stanford, WSU, OSU - will the TV networks give the conference $120 mil more per year (to keep 30 mil payout per) because of those 4 teams?? Seems unlikely to me.

It makes me wonder if the calculus has changed. We are heading towards only 3 conferences - and the B12 figures it should at least grab P5 teams to stay in the game as conference #3?
Pro rata

By this time next year, the ACC will be dissolved and we'll be down to three power conferences .... the mid-majors will soon be struggling to get their annual pay check games

Yea I’m not sure why the Big XII is leaving an opening for the ACC to take its lunch. Grab the rest of the PAC and UConn while they’re at it and establish the Big XII as the undisputed 3rd best league so when FSU and Clemson inevitably make their move, no one is tempted to go to the ACC as a backfill and flip the narrative.

Yea I’m not sure why the Big XII is leaving an opening for the ACC to take its lunch. Grab the rest of the PAC and UConn while they’re at it and establish the Big XII as the undisputed 3rd best league so when FSU and Clemson inevitably make their move, no one is tempted to go to the ACC as a backfill and flip the narrative.
I get your point, but the truth is, Stanford and Cal obviously don’t move the needle. As shocking as it sounds, even to me. When FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, and UVA make their move out of the ACC, there’s no way Big12 schools are going to consider going to the ACC. The Big 12 will be at that point very much superior to the remaining ACC. And I have a feeling Yormark and the Big12 have already anticipated their future plans to raid the ACC when that day comes. Don’t think for 1 minute schools like VT, Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse etc aren’t already discussing privately.

I get your point, but the truth is, Stanford and Cal obviously don’t move the needle. As shocking as it sounds, even to me. When FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, and UVA make their move out of the ACC, there’s no way Big12 schools are going to consider going to the ACC. The Big 12 will be at that point very much superior to the remaining ACC. And I have a feeling Yormark and the Big12 have already anticipated their future plans to raid the ACC when that day comes. Don’t think for 1 minute schools like VT, Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse etc aren’t already discussing privately.

We used Colorado as a pawn to kill the PAC who was previously a non factor, there’s no guarantee UNC, UVA, and Miami are part of the next wave to the B1G, these situations are fluid and until the ACC is dead the Big XII should be actively doing everything it can to expedite its demise.

We used Colorado as a pawn to kill the PAC who was previously a non factor, there’s no guarantee UNC, UVA, and Miami are part of the next wave to the B1G, these situations are fluid and until the ACC is dead the Big XII should be actively doing everything it can to expedite its demise.

B1G killed PAC. That's the only reason Big 12 got the 4 corner schools.

B1G ultimate goal is forcing Notre Dame to join their conference. If they can steal a few ACC teams and crush it then ND will feel pressure.

Mistake by the Big XII to allow the ACC to expand coast to coast with non G5 schools, now vulnerable if this conference shits the bed in the lead up to FSU and Clemson’s departure.

Done deal

Stanford, California, SMU to ACC/ACCN

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Stanford and Cal look like their shortest conference flight will be longer than our longest conference flight. Those flights to Syracuse, Boston, and Miami should be fun.

Great academic schools though.

Just hope for the best for Benny Beaver & Butch T. Cougar now.
The nightmare they are going thru now is what you don't even want Pitt to experience.

All these conference moves in the past 13 years feel like fear-of-missing-out decisions by schools.
A few years from now, will UCF see Big12 as untenable? Will the same be felt by Stanford in the ACC? Washington in the B1G? Will there be a re-shuffling when schools grow tired if sending their softball team 2,000 miles to play games?

All these conference moves in the past 13 years feel like fear-of-missing-out decisions by schools.
A few years from now, will UCF see Big12 as untenable? Will the same be felt by Stanford in the ACC? Washington in the B1G? Will there be a re-shuffling when schools grow tired if sending their softball team 2,000 miles to play games?
It’s almost as if there should be a governing body that takes charge or something.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Will the cost of medical care go up? Will Elvis rise again? Will the Purates ever have a winning record? ETC

Are you excited about that? Be honest….

Yes

The ACC/ACCN will now be in the 5 largest states in the US and in most of the cities with the highest Nielsen Ratings.

The academic additions of Stanford and California will only add to ACC's reputation as a premier academic and Sports Conference. The ACC will now have 9 schools which are AAU member Research Universities.

The ACC which will now be an 18 member Conference and will be too big to be eaten. If a couple of schools would leave, they will be easily back fill. WVU could be a future member if that would happen.

See you in Morgantown.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Yes

The ACC/ACCN will now be in the 5 largest states in the US and in most of the cities with the highest Nielsen Ratings.

The academic additions of Stanford and California will only add to ACC's reputation as a premier academic and Sports Conference. The ACC will now have 9 schools which are AAU member Research Universities.

The ACC which will now be an 18 member Conference and will be too big to be eaten. If a couple of schools would leave, they will be easily back field. WVU could be a future member if that would happen.

See you in Morgantown.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
WVU says FU ACC.

You just picked up some of slop left over the the destruction pilfer of Big 10 and Big 12. We'll save you a spot little Pitty, maybe.

It’s almost as if there should be a governing body that takes charge or something.
There will be when Big 10 and SEC break out on their own and have a commissioner instead of some pansy NCAA.

Yes

The ACC which will now be an 18 member Conference and will be too big to be eaten. If a couple of schools would leave, they will be easily back fill. WVU could be a future member if that would happen.

See you in Morgantown.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
The ACC is done. Good job planning ahead by adding some solid programs. It will make things a little better once FSU, Clemson, Miami, UVA, and UNC leave. It just won’t be enough.
The Conference that is now the most vulnerable is the Big 12.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Yeah ok lol. The B12 said no to both Stanford and Cal. That’s the only reason you got them. You will lose your top programs in the near future. We will see you in the B12 very soon

It sure would make a hell of a lot more sense for Stanford, Cal and SMU to be in the Big 12 and for UCF, WVU and Cincinnati to be in the ACC. It will never happen but it’s a trade I’d love to see happen.

If Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC, and UVA weren’t gonna leave I’d prefer that as well. In fact if the ACC just stayed the same before adding Stanford, Cal, SMU, and kicked ND out, I would rather see WVU there. However, there is no loyalty anymore to any conference. It’s dog eat dog. It’s too risky of a gamble for WVU to leave the B12 for the ACC. And it just doesn’t make sense because one of the ACC schools like Louisville or VT would probably trade places and take our B12 spot once we left and the ACC started to crumble.

If Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC, and UVA weren’t gonna leave I’d prefer that as well. In fact if the ACC just stayed the same before adding Stanford, Cal, SMU, and kicked ND out, I would rather see WVU there. However, there is no loyalty anymore to any conference. It’s dog eat dog. It’s too risky of a gamble for WVU to leave the B12 for the ACC. And it just doesn’t make sense because one of the ACC schools like Louisville or VT would probably trade places and take our B12 spot once we left and the ACC started to crumble.
I just don’t see how any of them are leaving anytime soon. If they could have they would have already. I think the ACC stay together until around 2030. At that point so much with streaming will change that conferences maybe dissolved by then. I just don’t see Ohio State wanting to share revenue with Purdue and Indiana. It’s more likely teams will be kicked out of conferences before someone breaks the GOR.

Reactions: 1duluth1
I just don’t see how any of them are leaving anytime soon. If they could have they would have already. I think the ACC stay together until around 2030. At that point so much with streaming will change that conferences maybe dissolved by then. I just don’t see Ohio State wanting to share revenue with Purdue and Indiana. It’s more likely teams will be kicked out of conferences before someone breaks the GOR.
I’ve been saying that everything will come full circle and the bluebloods will eventually get tired of not finishing undefeated or playing for the NC due to soo many of them logjammed into the SEC and B10. Schools like Oklahoma, Texas, USC are gonna find out. So won’t mainstays like Ohio State and Michigan. And LSU and Auburn. Schools like Wisconsin, Arkansas, Oregon will suddenly not keep up and start averaging 6-7 wins. We will see them all start going back to independent again. Like you said, they will grow tired of sharing equal revenue with Rutgers, Vanderbilt etc. There will be future media deals within conferences that will start giving bigger shares to these bluebloods. It won’t be enough. I’m talking a few decades from now

Reactions: 1duluth1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT