ADVERTISEMENT

Brown should get this season to get to 8-9 wins or fire him.

This is on him. His offensive coaching is pathetic. The defensive staff is pretty good but that's not Brown.

This ain't Troy and he didn't really do much there anyway.

Time to start thinking about his replacement.
Hate to disappoint you troll boy but he won't be fired.

Go ahead Allen. Defend it. Do it. Makes you look even more like an idiot. Sorry bub but he's a bad hire.

Reactions: Rootmaster
This is on him. His offensive coaching is pathetic. The defensive staff is pretty good but that's not Brown.

So you're saying that wvu should have fired Dana after that 4-8 season in year 3. Would have been a good idea might have found the right coach and been in better shape today

Reactions: WVUALLEN
So you're saying that wvu should have fired Dana after that 4-8 season in years 3. Would have been a good idea might have found the right coach and been in better shape today
Holgs should have been fired when he got into trouble in his first year in a bar. That should have been a huge wake up call. He still thinks he can recruit over a beer. This is probably his last year at Houston, now that they are coming into the Big-12.

Reactions: HotInEER
The first thing Brown needs to do is get a better QB on the field. Until then we are going to suck regardless of his questionable play calling at times.

Some offensive Tackles an Oline coach and a couple of corners. Laddie Brown needs a backup quickly.

While WVU could use those things, they were good enough to win with even below average QB play this day. Doege just cuts out 1/4 of his bone head plays and WVU has a good shot at winning today. And while coach Brown is not the one making the mistakes on the field, he is the one appointing Doege the QB despite some egregious errors in his last few games going back to last year. This was an ugly performance in a very winnable game.

While WVU could use those things, they were good enough to win with even below average QB play this day. Doege just cuts out 1/4 of his bone head plays and WVU has a good shot at winning today. And while coach Brown is not the one making the mistakes on the field, he is the one appointing Doege the QB despite some egregious errors in his last few games going back to last year. This was an ugly performance in a very winnable game.
Laddie Brown finished with 115 yards. Only 7 Carrie's in 2nd half. Why?

Laddie Brown finished with 115 yards. Only 7 Carrie's in 2nd half. Why?

Because of poor coaching decisions. I have to give them grief. After the very improbable big Sam James catch, WVU goes empty back for the next 2 ensuing plays. Didn't even use Leddie as a decoy for play action. Even though on WVU's 3rd TD, MD knew Leddie was coming and he still walked in for a 9 yard score. I'll also add that I think Brown is dead wrong on the INT that killed that drive. In his post game presser he acted like it wasn't a big mistake and that since MD brought pressure we had cover 0. He brushed it off more as a fluke play by Maryland. It actually was poor design given our QB skill set. The Maryland defender that picked the ball was covering the short receiver to that side and did stumble, but Doege throws with such an arc, the ball was already in the air before that defender even had to move up to cover the short receiver. You throw the fade to only side with 2 defenders? Bad call on Doege to not go to the opposite side or take the short gain to the open receiver. Bad play design in that Doege throws the ball in a way that even if it is man coverage without help the defender on the short route has a chance to get back and help the defender on the long rout if that is where the ball goes.

Last edited:

You got 5 million for buyout?

You people were predicting WVU would lose by 4 TD's so now you bitch.
Sorry…..never predicted that….like a dumbass mountaineer I believed all the sports writers…thought we could beat low life Locksley……never again….

Reactions: KingCoal
That was a 4-8 season with loss to Kansas. I'm down on Brown now, but it is just one game and he still has the rest of the season before we can equate the 2
Going into this season I set the mark for Brown to keep his job at winning all three OOC games and 5 in conference for an 8-4 mark. He would even be allowed to lose the bowl and I would not say a word. Now it looks very much like we have 2 wins in us and if Kansas has a lucky day, maybe only 1 win. I hate to hope for bad results but if a 1 or 2 win gets Brown out of Morgantown, I am all for the suffering that will cause.

Because of poor coaching decisions. I have to give them grief. After the very improbable big Sam James catch, WVU goes empty back for the next 2 ensuing plays. Didn't even use Leddie as a decoy for play action. Even though on WVU's 3rd TD, MD knew Leddie was coming and he still walked in for a 9 yard score. I'll also add that I think Brown is dead wrong on the INT that killed that drive. In his post game presser he acted like it wasn't a big mistake and that since MD brought pressure we had cover 0. He brushed it off more as a fluke play by Maryland. It actually was poor design given our QB skill set. The Maryland defender that picked the ball was covering the short receiver to that side and did stumble, but Doege throws with such an arc, the ball was already in the air before that defender even had to move up to cover the short receiver. You throw the fade to only side with 2 defenders? Bad call on Doege to not go to the opposite side or take the short gain to the open receiver. Bad play design in that Doege throws the ball in a way that even if it is man coverage without help that defender on the short route has a chance to get back and help the defender in the long rout if that is where the ball goes.
As soon as the defender left the short man Doege should have hit the short man or tucked and run to that side. He is a very poor decision maker as a QB. An average QB wins that game. Doege is below average and dropping. Those family ties he has need to be severed.

Sure there were a couple drops but nothing like last year. Passes thrown behind receivers and at the feet of others. We hit a deep pass for what seems like first time in 10 games. Then don't take advantage. If it were me I would start someone else next week. It's the perfect time.

Few things to do differently
1. New QB
2. New O line coach
3. New OC
4. New WR coach
5. New QB coach.

As soon as the defender left the short man Doege should have hit the short man or tucked and run to that side. He is a very poor decision maker as a QB. An average QB wins that game. Doege is below average and dropping. Those family ties he has need to be severed.

Sure there were a couple drops but nothing like last year. Passes thrown behind receivers and at the feet of others. We hit a deep pass for what seems like first time in 10 games. Then don't take advantage. If it were me I would start someone else next week. It's the perfect time.

1. New QB
2. New O line coach
3. New OC
4. New WR coach
5. New QB coach.
You only need to make one change and it changes all of that and more, NEW COACH.

Sorry…..never predicted that….like a dumbass mountaineer I believed all the sports writers…thought we could beat low life Locksley……never again….
Game was a win then Doege happened. I bought the bill of goods that said Doege worked hard all off season. That hard work did not pay off. I don't care if his family friendship suffers enough is enough. Can't support a QB that can't make good decisions or throw. Next week is the perfect time to bring in a new guy.

Plus Lyons made a mistake on giving extension last year. It should never have been a thought until after this season. Now basically have to wait 2 more years.

There, three that does that make you feel better? It takes so little for guys like you to feel important.
There there you're the one crying. Poor Coach Brown threw 2 interceptions and fumbled twice resulting in 13 points and all you want to do is bitch about a time out.

1. New QB
2. New O line coach
3. New OC
4. New WR coach
5. New QB coach.

In 2005 WVU coaching thought in practice one QB was better than the other and he was given the starting nod in a big game. That player was Adam Bednarik. Practice doesn't mean shit when you have the body of work Doege has and such a garbage performance after 2 full off seasons, partial season and full, albeit COVID limited, last season. Practice is clearly not translating and another player can't be worse. If they are, WVU should be running it 50 times a game then.

In 2005 WVU coaching thought in practice one QB was better than the other and he was given the starting nod in a big game. That player was Adam Bednarik. Practice doesn't mean shit when you have the body of work Doege has and such a garbage performance after 2 full off seasons, partial season and full, albeit COVID limited, last season. Practice is clearly not translating and another player can't be worse. If they are, WVU should be running it 50 times a game then.
I agree. You think they would have learned their lesson last year in Bowl game. If we're going to lose I would rather lose trying a new Qb.

I agree. You think they would have learned their lesson last year in Bowl game. If we're going to lose I would rather lose trying a new Qb.

Especially when we are talking about a redshirt senior. There is no future for him in the program and wasting half a season hoping he figures it out for maybe a good game or two at the end is wasteful. Give a player that might actually be playing next year for the program some experience

Especially when we are talking about a redshirt senior. There is no future for him in the program and wasting half a season hoping he figures it out for maybe a good game or two at the end is wasteful. Give a player that might actually be playing next year for the program some experience
If Brown doesnt do this, he's a terrible coach who doesnt care about winning games.

Either he is starting him because of family connections or Greene really sucks and we need to burn the redshirt of Will Crowder. Actually don't have to do that since you 4 games. If he wins then he's your guy play him rest of the year.

I guess Rod was a terrible coach here as well since he didn't start another QB.
Apples to oranges. You can't compare what Rich Rod had to do vs Brown. Rich Rod literally had a complete and total change of system that was nothing like the system Don Nehlen ran, not even close. Brown is a spread offense "air raid" coach taking over a spread offense air raid team. There should'nt be much change needed. Just good decision making and coaching, which Brown has yet to display at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT