ADVERTISEMENT

BOWLSBY--ESPN conspired against BIG 12

1500x500

Regarding what happens. Shouldn’t change the opinions of your schools.

Even on this message board we have idiots who think if you aren’t Top 5/10 you suck and the season is worthless
Sad reality of what is going on in CFB. It is College Football Playoff and nothing else matters

Luckily they realize this and might expand the playoffs.
But at the end of the day just be happy that you have something bigger than yourself that you care about.

• Love
Reactions: gocats5611
1500x500

Regarding what happens. Shouldn’t change the opinions of your schools.

Even on this message board we have idiots who think if you aren’t Top 5/10 you suck and the season isn’t worthless
Sad reality of what is going on in CFB. It is College Football Playoff and nothing else matters

Luckily they realize this and might expand the playoffs.
But at the end of the day just be happy that you have something bigger than yourself that you care about.
How interesting would it be.. if the Big XII conference, the perceived weakling of the Power 5 leagues... were the ones that brought realignment, and out of control TV contracts under control. If the government had any integrity or a clue.. they'd be investigating the SEC right now and pushing for these minor-league NFL programs they are trying to create to spin off from their schools.

I mean these are supposed to be students.. their play tied to compensation for their educations. At what point is it not.. okay what has happened? I don't know.

How interesting would it be.. if the Big XII conference, the perceived weakling of the Power 5 leagues... were the ones that brought realignment, and out of control TV contracts under control. If the government had any integrity or a clue.. they'd be investigating the SEC right now and pushing for these minor-league NFL programs they are trying to create to spin off from their schools.

I mean these are supposed to be students.. their play tied to compensation for their educations. At what point is it not.. okay what has happened? I don't know.
But by doing this you are ultimately helping another media company

That is the messed up part of this world. Something powerful is usually controlling the narrative and pushing people a certain way
The backlash towards SEC/ESPN is from B1G/FOX.
Helping one giant media company while you are complaining about how powerful another one is
They want to put as many roadblocks as they possibly can in front of this

But by doing this you are ultimately helping another media company

That is the messed up part of this world. Something powerful is usually controlling the narrative and pushing people a certain way
The backlash towards SEC/ESPN is from B1G/FOX.
Helping one giant media company while you are complaining about how powerful another one is
They want to put as many roadblocks as they possibly can in front of this
That's an excellent point. I guess I just really want to see the mouse house pay for really trying to screw us over out of so much money, especially if they were partially behind this UT/OU move. Maybe you're right? Maybe it's short term thinking. But.. I still believe that the rest of our schools have probably tried to reach out (WVU to the ACC, Kansas to the Big 10, Oklahoma State, KSU, TTU to the Pac-12). I don't think there is an appetite for it with any of these leagues. They feel pressure to move BIG (like USC/UCLA/Oregon to the Big 10 type of stuff). . That is at least the report from our site.

Sorry I've given so many of my.. probalby unwelcome opinions here. I've been here before different times.. and WVU and Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and Iowa State fans are always my favorite to blow smoke with. I wish everybody had such a great active free board as WVU does to communicate with fellow conference members.

Reactions: Tylerite
I suppose we should have listened when somebody left this on our doorstep when we invited Texas into the old Big 8 Conference.

texas-grim-reaper-is-coming-for-you-.jpg

That's an excellent point. I guess I just really want to see the mouse house pay for really trying to screw us over out of so much money, especially if they were partially behind this UT/OU move. Maybe you're right? Maybe it's short term thinking. But.. I still believe that the rest of our schools have probably tried to reach out (WVU to the ACC, Kansas to the Big 10, Oklahoma State, KSU, TTU to the Pac-12). I don't think there is an appetite for it with any of these leagues. They feel pressure to move BIG (like USC/UCLA/Oregon to the Big 10 type of stuff). . That is at least the report from our site.

Problem is that it was both major companies
ESPN and FOX
ESPN was just smart enough to have the LHN so they could position Texas where they wanted them to be.
FOX thought they could buy it out. FOX/B1G is at fault here because they overestimated their power
Should have been preventing this instead of helping to push it along. After doing this for years they end up big losers so now are attempting to possibly screw numerous schools by setting up a fight between Big 12 schools and ESPN.
End of the day FOX doesn’t care where K State or WVU goes. Only care about using them to create problems for SEC/ESPN

Problem is that it was both major companies
ESPN and FOX
ESPN was just smart enough to have the LHN so they could position Texas where they wanted them to be.
FOX thought they could buy it out. FOX/B1G is at fault here because they overestimated their power
Should have been preventing this instead of helping to push it along. After doing this for years they end up big losers so now are attempting to possibly screw numerous schools by setting up a fight between Big 12 schools and ESPN.
End of the day FOX doesn’t care where K State or WVU goes. Only care about using them to create problems for SEC/ESPN
I really don't know how Fox plays into this, other then the Big XII has targeted only ESPN. I don't think Fox has to push this along though.. To listen to Bowlsby it sounds like the Big XII believes ESPN worked independently to derail the league.

Doesn't CBS Sports have contract with CUSA, If so maybe that's who the B12 should align with, stick it to ESPN and Fox and AAC.

• Love
I really don't know how Fox plays into this, other then the Big XII has targeted only ESPN. I don't think Fox has to push this along though.. To listen to Bowlsby it sounds like the Big XII believes ESPN worked independently to derail the league.
FOX was doing the same thing the entire time. They also declined to negotiate. Wasn’t just ESPN.
ESPN is trying to push the schools into the AAC. This is where the danger comes in. What happens to these schools in 2025 if they spend 3-4 years fighting ESPN.
FOX is trying to consolidate their money behind the B1G. As of today are attempting to destroy the PAC 12.

So ESPN does control what G5 conference these schools go to.
AAC could seem like the penthouse if this continues. Could be sent to the WAC with Sam Houston St and New Mexico State

Doesn't CBS Sports have contract with CUSA, If so maybe that's who the B12 should align with, stick it to ESPN and Fox and AAC.
Yeah.. Dennis Dodd, usually a tool but with CBS Sports seems to be enjoying his reporting of ESPN's..ahem.. improprieties.

Reactions: Tylerite
ESPN wants and needs the BIG12 to dissolve ASAP and get out of the TV contract and have Texas .

Nothing is stopping ACC and ESPN to have preliminary talks to renegotiate their deal. Bringin in WVU doesn’t move the needle one way or the other, however if “ACC reaches out to ESPN and asks if they were to add a team or two can we renegotiate”
In other words ESPN wants OU a UT in SEC ASAP and to do this they need the BIg 12 to dissolve which means they have probably reached out to ACC and BIG (who
Isn’t happy about this realignment BTW) and said offer these schools and we will renegotiate our deal.

Good news for ACC if true. More teams make more money.
ESPN needs 6 more members to vote for dissolution, and that is not happening any time soon. The B12 decided to play high stakes poker when notified of ESPN’s actions. Tortious interference opens up ESPN to quite a large action.

FOX was doing the same thing the entire time. They also declined to negotiate. Wasn’t just ESPN.
ESPN is trying to push the schools into the AAC. This is where the danger comes in. What happens to these schools in 2025 if they spend 3-4 years fighting ESPN.
FOX is trying to consolidate their money behind the B1G. As of today are attempting to destroy the PAC 12.

AAC could seem like the penthouse if this continues. Could be sent to the WAC with Sam Houston St and New Mexico State
Ahh.. I get where you're going with this now. Well I guess I see your point. I mean.. what would you have the 8 of us do if most, or perhaps all of us don't have homes to go to? Just let ESPN get away with the kind of corruption that occurred? Eventually they are going to push all of us that aren't football blue bloods out of the big time if somebody doesn't stop them. They think so little of us the latest report was they wanted the AAC to take us all!!! Is that somebody we have interest in partnering with in the future??

We don't really know where Fox's head is with this. I do see your point though in alleging they are trying to destablize the Pac-12 though. But the Big 10 didn't seem to bite. And maybe.. Fox wasn't on board with ESPN and wanted to re-up? Or Fox now is feeling the same pressure that we all are and feel they have to respond big suddenly? Hmm...

Hey, lay off New Mexico State, there's a chance they can go to the MWC

WVU could end up in the MAC if they want to fucc around
That is where the power is at.

FOX doesn’t have many conferences they control. Only P5
The entire G5 is controlled by ESPN outside of the Mountain West. I believe they have a deal with CBS.

FOX has plans to consolidate their money behind the B1G
So they won’t give an 8 team Big 12 conference a big payday
UT, OU, and ESPN are counting on panic. If something happened tomorrow, ESPN saves just over $1Billion, which is what the rest of the TV contract pays. UT & OU save $160M. They are counting on the reaction that you currently have.

• Love
An attorney on our premium board.. again he called this bankrupting level accusations. IAnd he said he didn't make that statement lightly. In addition, he stated that the individual schools also potentially have a right according to the bylaws to seek damages directly from ESPN, OU, Texas, the SEC, and potentially the AAC. He stated most of those hearings would take place in the schools state. He said OU, UT, and ESPN do NOT want the definition of tortious interference thrown on a jury's desk along with the accusations that are being made depending on what proof Bowlsby has. And it must be good, or he wouldn't be posturing the way he has.

It's also not lost on me that the AAC said they would not make a comment last night on the accusations. AFAIK.. still silence from that conference office. Somebody has lawyered up and knows they're in it chin deep. The AAC Commissioner.. a former ESPN employee BTW.

Sure this will likely result in a settlement. But most lawyers believe it's gonna be big bucks. And ESPN's daddy has deeep pockets.

Hey, lay off New Mexico State, there's a chance they can go to the MWC
They actually have a decent basketball program
But they are the nomads of CFB.
SunBelt kicked them out😂
Mountain West doesn’t want them.
MWC is another choice for some of these schools . They also have network deals outside of the ESPN platform.
But Hawaii is in their conference.
7 PM Hawaii time is I believe 12 or 1 AM Central

That is what the lawsuit is about…
Simple business

AAC is a money maker right now. Not a huge TV contract but decent ratings
So put these schools in there to get higher ratings but not have to pay much

What lawsuit are you referencing? You’re constant dot connecting is super weird. Then throw in the fact that you’re never right is comical.

Reactions: KingCoal
Like I said it might be a decent long term place for WVU.
We will see what happens.

Playing Cincinnati and UCF in football every year isn’t the end of the world.
These schools have won some NYD6 bowl games and years they haven’t they have been competitive
Houston and Memphis are great basketball schools

What is important it is something completely under the ESPN tent and something ESPN wants to keep going

You and Louisville could be joining in the future. There is that

Your dot connecting is super weird. Plus, you’re never right 😂. We have years of posts proving what a dipshit you are.

• Haha

‘Disappointed’ Bob Bowlsby makes it clear he’s keeping Texas, Oklahoma in Big 12 for 4 years​

Updated Jul 30, 2021; Posted Jul 29, 2021

Bob Bowlsby’s latest statement makes it clear that the Big 12 commissioner has every intention of hanging on to Texas and Oklahoma for the next four years.

Bowlsby, in reaction to the SEC’s announcement to invite Texas and Oklahoma to the conference, released a statement hours after the SEC vote took place.

“Despite our concerns for the process and for the overall health of college athletics, we will do everything possible to make sure that the student-athletes at both universities enjoy an excellent experience throughout the remaining four years of their participation and competition in the Big 12 Conference,” Bowlsby said.

The funniest part about all this is a conference champion isn’t guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. So outside of me wanting to go to Moore WVU games as ACC schools are closer to my home, does it really matter LOL.

I personally hope the SEC breaks off and does their own league and has their own national champion. The rest of college football can go back to playing meaningful bowl games and crown their National Champion.

SEC can join the rest of the world is basketball and get blasted in the tournaments.

‘Disappointed’ Bob Bowlsby makes it clear he’s keeping Texas, Oklahoma in Big 12 for 4 years​

Updated Jul 30, 2021; Posted Jul 29, 2021

Bob Bowlsby’s latest statement makes it clear that the Big 12 commissioner has every intention of hanging on to Texas and Oklahoma for the next four years.

Bowlsby, in reaction to the SEC’s announcement to invite Texas and Oklahoma to the conference, released a statement hours after the SEC vote took place.

“Despite our concerns for the process and for the overall health of college athletics, we will do everything possible to make sure that the student-athletes at both universities enjoy an excellent experience throughout the remaining four years of their participation and competition in the Big 12 Conference,” Bowlsby said.
What a shocker! Of course he is going to hold them hostage. He will retire in five years LOL.

I think he has done a good job considering the POS that UT truly is. ESPN torturous interference comment made me laugh. That has been happening over 20 years. It’s the same network that made Virginia Tech into something that they were not year after year.

What a shocker! Of course he is going to hold them hostage. He will retire in five years LOL.

I think he has done a good job considering the POS that UT truly is. ESPN torturous interference comment made me laugh. That has been happening over 20 years. It’s the same network that made Virginia Tech into something that they were not year after year.
Bob was going to announce his retirement within the year, and this came along. He is 69 so this will be his defining moment.

Yeah I'm not buying the, "OMG IM SHOCKED" reaction.

These are all seasoned people in sports and television.

Now maybe, maybe...this time ESPN slipped and maneuvered the wrong way, such as a direct communication or offer - that is discoverable and opens them up to liability.

For example, if the SEC requested an analysis from ESPN of compensation if TX/OU joined, then SEC presented those figures to them...not sure thats really interference.

They will need to show something more direct.

Reactions: mountaineermaniac34
Yeah I'm not buying the, "OMG IM SHOCKED" reaction.

These are all seasoned people in sports and television.

Now maybe, maybe...this time ESPN slipped and maneuvered the wrong way, such as a direct communication or offer - that is discoverable and opens them up to liability.

For example, if the SEC requested an analysis from ESPN of compensation if TX/OU joined, then SEC presented those figures to them...not sure thats really interference.

They will need to show something more direct.
It is my understanding that the B12 bylaws require any member institutions to notify the conference of communication concerning potential membership in another conference. Any violation of those bylaws have specific penalties.

It is my understanding that the B12 bylaws require any member institutions to notify the conference of communication concerning potential membership in another conference. Any violation of those bylaws have specific penalties.

I guess it depends on the language, that is pretty vague.

Plus, it depends who actually handles the communication.

I guess it depends on the language, that is pretty vague.

Plus, it depends who actually handles the communication.
The conference is relatively certain, that if UT/OU have been in communication with the SEC for a year, the bylaws were violated. I am told the bylaws were revised after the last realignment fiasco, and they are ironclad. The B12 also registered as a Delaware Corp after the last fiasco.

Pete Thamel

@PeteThamel

·
2h

The Big 12 held an AD call this morning. The sentiment in the league, according to sources, is not panicking and sticking together. There’s a desire to not react emotionally and give Big 12 leaders the space to evaluate options moving forward.

Interesting article from the KState camp:

Excerpt:
Many fans have wondered if Taylor and university president Richard Myers have been communicating with other power conferences, such as the Pac-12, in hopes of finding a safe landing spot for the Wildcats if the Big 12 is unable survive without its two most prestigious members.

But Taylor said during his video that is not K-State’s current focus.

“The goal is to keep this conference together as much as we can,” Taylor said.

The main message Big 12 leaders have shared in recent days has revolved around “the importance to sticking together,” he said. The Big 12’s eight remaining schools have also talked strategy.

“What do we need to do?” Taylor said. “What is best for the remaining eight members? That is the biggest part of the conversation.”

When asked what his message is to nervous fans, Taylor kept things simple.

“They don’t need to panic,” Taylor said. “We are in a great position.”

Taylor also urged fans not to pay attention to conference realignment rumors they might find on social media. Furthermore, he pointed out that everyone in the conference is doing all they can to keep the league together, even though most aren’t talking publicly about their actions.

“You may not hear a lot of stuff, but there is a lot of stuff being done behind the scenes,” Taylor said. “We are talking constantly. We are meeting two or three times a week. Just because I’m not saying something to the press or we aren’t saying something collectively doesn’t mean there isn’t work being done, because there is a lot of work being done.”

The point people are missing is that they can negotiate now and engage later. They can reach out for a year or so and then sign a contract in 2023 that starts in 2025 and then stare UT and OU the f@ck down until they crack.

That also gives time for the lawsuits to work their way through the system. Sue ESPN for a few billion and allow discovery to delve into their interference with the Big East. WVU really could do well and double dip the shit out of this. Not sure what the Statute of Limitations would be on this.

All these ADs are talking about sticking together, but if any of the eight remaining schools happens to get invited to the SEC, B1G, or ACC, they're bolting.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Amazing insight....you think captain obvious?

Where would be without content like this?

All these ADs are talking about sticking together, but if any of the eight remaining schools happens to get invited to the SEC, B1G, or ACC, they're bolting.
If they were to bolt, then they owe $80M as well. Buyouts apply to all members, unless they wait until 2025 to leave.

If they were to bolt, then they owe $80M as well. Buyouts apply to all members, unless they wait until 2025 to leave.
Right--why would anyone bolt now?

You've got an 18 month departure period, two years of conference payouts PLUS your media rights remain through 2025.

On top of that OU/UT haven't paid up yet--doubtful they'll stick around for 4 years.

Heck invite some new teams and put OU/UT in that division.

Its also true no one has been invited anywhere legitimate so far.

You really are an insufferable bitch. Add some value to really good threads you POS. Man would it be fun giving a fat lip.
How cute.....protecting your best cuck.

What man would you find to give me a fat lip? Everyone knows you couldn't do it.

Ill be at Meagher's Irish Pub in Bridgeport at 8:15 pm tonight if you want to try.

Wear your pitt gear...I will call you over to the table.

How cute.....protecting your best cuck.

What man would you find to give me a fat lip? Everyone knows you couldn't do it.

Ill be at Meagher's Irish Pub in Bridgeport at 8:15 pm tonight if you want to try.

Wear your pitt gear...I will call you over to the table.

You’re to big of a pvssy to be there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT