ADVERTISEMENT

Blowhard Yormark failed

Hey look...tootie is upset about something...what the hell do you call from Arizona to Florida dumbass?

Reactions: Cheers
Goal was coast to coast. Didn't happen. Big 12 is regional. ACC and BigWhatever are national.
This is chess. Not checkers. Which conference is stronger when Clemson, FSU leave? Which conference do you think VT and Pitt will prefer? The B12 is waiting for the ACC to implode. And it will. The B10 and SEC are also waiting and they want UVA and UNC. Be patient

Neither does UNC. All 3 will be leaving as soon as they can.
ACC commissioner and ESPN know it's coming soon.

One reason ACC added Stanford, Cal & SMU is ESPN’s media rights deal w/ACC allows ESPN to renegotiate if league drops below 15 members, sources told
@ActionNetworkHQ
. W/potential future departures of FSU, Clemson & UNC - all who voted against expansion

Reactions: Steak Sub
Wonder what NCSU got in return for switching its vote?

Condi Rice and George Bush lobbied the ACC..Rice is a Stanford grad and still teaches there..Laura Bush an SMU grad...California is just lucky

Yormark far better than previous commissioner Bob Bowlsby who would rather promote G5 schools than attack another P5 conference on the ropes. If Bowlsby was still at the helm then Big 12 would be the dead one already instead of the PAC.

Where would WVU be then? The MAC?

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Yormark far better than previous commissioner Bob Bowlsby who would rather promote G5 schools than attack another P5 conference on the ropes. If Bowlsby was still at the helm then Big 12 would be the dead one already instead of the PAC.

Where would WVU be then? The MAC?
Not true. Bowlsby engineered the survivor four to the conference...Cinncinati, Houston, UCF and BYU. He also held the eight existing members together. Set the table for overrated Yormark.

Not true. Bowlsby engineered the survivor four to the conference...Cinncinati, Houston, UCF and BYU. He also held the eight existing members together. Set the table for overrated Yormark.
Yormark came in and got the TV contract set for 5 more years. Bowlsby was just sitting around playing with himself waiting for contract expiration date. Big 12 would not be here if not for the aggressive renewal by Yormark.

If not for contract renewal WVU would be in a conference without TTU, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas, ISU, TCU and Baylor and BYU. WVU would have gone to AAC.

You can hate Yormark all you want I don't really care. I know you are full of shit and just trying to stir pot.

Yormark came in and got the TV contract set for 5 more years. Bowlsby was just sitting around playing with himself waiting for contract expiration date. Big 12 would not be here if not for the aggressive renewal by Yormark.

If not for contract renewal WVU would be in a conference without TTU, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas, ISU, TCU and Baylor and BYU. WVU would have gone to AAC.

You can hate Yormark all you want I don't really care. I know you are full of shit and just trying to stir pot.
Good grief you are so clueless. You do write good fiction however. For
knowledgeable fans who want facts you are just a funny little side dish.

Good grief you are so clueless. You do write good fiction however. For
knowledgeable fans who want facts you are just a funny little side dish.
Thanks for proving my point. Keep your spoon spinning troll.

It was Luck, hired as a consultant, that lined up Cinn, Central FL, BYU, and Houston as additions.

It was BY that cut the line and got a new TV contract, and saved the conference.

Bowlsby? Other than collecting big paychecks and giving an occasional lame speech, what exactly was his affiliation with the Big 12? He was caught flat footed by Texas and Oklahoma leaving the conference. He was another GK at best.

Personally, I am glad those two woke, commie schools (Standford and Cal) are not part of the Big 12. I would be OK, with adding OSU and WSU, if they had more media value and were closer geographically.

Last edited:
It was Luck, hired as a consultant, that lined up Cinn, Central FL, BYU, and Houston as additions.

It was BY that cut the line and got a new TV contract, and saved the conference.

Bowlsby? Other than collecting big paychecks and giving an occasional lame speech, what exactly was his affiliation with the Big 12? He was caught flat footed by Texas and Oklahoma leaving the conference. He was another GK at best.

Personally, I am glad those two woke, commie schools (Standford and Cal) are not part of the Big 12. I would be OK, with adding OSU and WSU, if they had more media value and were closer geographically.
And Luck got Stanford and Cal into the ACC. For all those in WV who consistently trash Oliver Luck for being a stooge, the truth is we should be grateful. He saved WVU. He got us into the B12. His status in major college athletics can not be Under appreciated. The man has the contacts and is a major player.

Lol..oh where to start young fellow. Bowlsby did engineer and facilitate the additions. Bowlsby had the initial discussions with media once Txs and Okie ran. Yormark followed through. BTW...it's Stanford NOT Standford lol.

Lol..oh where to start young fellow. Bowlsby did engineer and facilitate the additions. Bowlsby had the initial discussions with media once Txs and Okie ran. Yormark followed through. BTW...it's Stanford NOT Standford lol.
Deny truth as you like. And, I could careless about the typo.

I have been here since Vernon started this board. Ask him if you like. There used to be a lot of good posters here, but nearly all left and went to the Blue lot when Vernon started it.

Deny truth as you like. And, I could careless about the typo.

I have been here since Vernon started this board. Ask him if you like. There used to be a lot of good posters here, but nearly all left and went to the Blue lot when Vernon started it.
You mean "care less." Two words. Btw...what does Vernon have to do with your "careless" spelling?

Well the ACC existence benefits Notre Dame. They can have their cake and eat it too. Even if FSU goes to the B1G, which is rumored to have been discussed, along with North Carolina. Clemson goes to the SEC, which seems to be the spot for them. The ACC can survive with Miami, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and NC State..They can copy what the Big 12 did, invite Memphis, San Diego State, USF to fill those vacated spots.

Heck they could even invite Washington State and Oregon State, since geography means nothing.

Well the ACC existence benefits Notre Dame. They can have their cake and eat it too. Even if FSU goes to the B1G, which is rumored to have been discussed, along with North Carolina. Clemson goes to the SEC, which seems to be the spot for them. The ACC can survive with Miami, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and NC State..They can copy what the Big 12 did, invite Memphis, San Diego State, USF to fill those vacated spots.

Heck they could even invite Washington State and Oregon State, since geography means nothing.
UVA is coveted like UNC. SEC will likely grab them both to increase their footprint and complete the old south. They will also likely grab FSU and Clemson to make 20. Just like the Big10. At that point, you have to imagine the B12 will go after 4 more and will likely choose between Louisville, Miami, VT, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, NC State, GT

F5bjlPkaQAAl0zV

UVA is coveted like UNC. SEC will likely grab them both to increase their footprint and complete the old south. They will also likely grab FSU and Clemson to make 20. Just like the Big10. At that point, you have to imagine the B12 will go after 4 more and will likely choose between Louisville, Miami, VT, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, NC State, GT
Yeah, but the three who seem committed to leaving are the the three who voted no on expansion. The Big 10 is gonna want to expand it's footprint. Invade the South so to speak. FSU has improved it's academic standing the last decade, just missing AAU status this past go around. Ironically enough they lost out to USF. The Big 10 could grab Miami if it wanted a big market with academic prestige, but Miami is a private institution. FSU is a big public land grant University, with great football history. FSU also turned down the SEC numerous times, and there are still bitter feelings from both sides.

So I could see the Big 10 taking UNC and FSU. NCSU switched sides, allowing the ACC to expand. They realized UNC would leave them behind. The SEC currently sits at 16 teams, and haven't shown the desire to really leave a certain footprint, excluding Missouri of course. I can see them taking Clemson, Virginia, Miami, and maybe Georgia Tech. At that point the ACC could invite the programs I listed before. They could try to poach West Virginia, Cincy, UCF, or Houston. But at that point I really don't see those schools thinking the ACC is better than the Big 12. As you said, the Big 12 may try to take Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Louisville, or even Duke. Since Yormark desires the best basketball conference available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT