ADVERTISEMENT

Big10 bent Nebraska over and spanked them....

Dec 27, 2017
Just Nebraska just shut up and take the guaranteed TV money after BIG10 put them in their place, or do they crawl back to Big 12 for forgiveness.

It isn’t a secret that Nebraska has been unhappy with the BIG10. Snyder mentioned a few years ago he personally knew teams wanted back in the Big 12 and said one in particular would come back asap if possible.

Would Big 12 take them back?

Just Nebraska just shut up and take the guaranteed TV money after BIG10 put them in their place, or do they crawl back to Big 12 for forgiveness.

It isn’t a secret that Nebraska has been unhappy with the BIG10. Snyder mentioned a few years ago he personally knew teams wanted back in the Big 12 and said one in particular would come back asap if possible.

Absolutely.

What guaranteed money?

If conferences dont play games on TV this season, they wont be getting any TV money.

Reactions: Rootmaster
What guaranteed money?

If conferences dont play games on TV this season, they wont be getting any TV money.

I was referring to the guaranteed TV they typically receive during a normal year. Financially they would take a hit if the left the conference, but the Big really embarrassed them. They suffered more backlash for trying to play football than Sandusky U.

The Big Ten negotiates a new contract for 2022-2023. The Big Ten has a two year waiting period to leave without penalty.

Nebraska hasn't exactly been happy in the Big Ten, only getting a full share a year or so ago, it'll take years for them to make up the lost revenue, for years theyve gotten less than the BIG 12 schools.

This may be a catalyst for them to move. Besides, the BIG 12 will be renegotiating contracts just after the Big Ten and the Big Ten may move everything to FOX, which means ESPN will need more inventory and will have more money to spend on it. Things change--could be beginning of that change, who knows.

The Big Ten negotiates a new contract for 2022-2023. The Big Ten has a two year waiting period to leave without penalty.

Nebraska hasn't exactly been happy in the Big Ten, only getting a full share a year or so ago, it'll take years for them to make up the lost revenue, for years theyve gotten less than the BIG 12 schools.

This may be a catalyst for them to move. Besides, the BIG 12 will be renegotiating contracts just after the Big Ten and the Big Ten may move everything to FOX, which means ESPN will need more inventory and will have more money to spend on it. Things change--could be beginning of that change, who knows.

The conference canceling football, even for a season, might be enough to argue that an incurable breach has occurred. Nebraska could possible leave without paying them anything. Could be hard for them to defend how it is safe to have in-person classes on campus with 10's of thousands of students, but it's unsafe to play football two teams who get constant tests and monitoring.

Why would Nebraska leave a higher payday?

Because their fanbase is very unhappy.

Iowa State could win the Big 12 this year. Stranger things have happened.
None of the schools around Iowa State are playing.
Pretty much allowing them the bright lights every week this year in that part of the country.

I was referring to the guaranteed TV they typically receive during a normal year. Financially they would take a hit if the left the conference, but the Big really embarrassed them. They suffered more backlash for trying to play football than Sandusky U.

Right now the biggest financial hit will be if they stay.

Why would Nebraska leave a higher payday?

Big XII allows schools to sell Tier 3 rights.
B1G does not.

also I’d say travel expense favors Big XII over B1G especially with non revenue sports.

I doubt the Nebraska AD is profiting by any substantial difference in one conference vs another. Nebraska only went to the B1G because of Texas special treatment in the Big XII (Longhorn Network) and their flirtation with the PAC along with A&M going SEC. If they would tell the truth they’d probably say we should have stayed linked with the Old Big 8 schools especially Oklahoma.

As for how Nebraska was threatened/treated by the B1G Conference/Commissioner and the subsequent slamming by media (ESPN personalities) of Nebraska—Really????

Ryan Day of Ohio State said on Wednesday after the B1G announcement that Ohio State was exploring options. That is essentially the same as Frost. Why no criticism there?

as for the threats by the B1G commissioner of expulsion if they played in 2020? Again Really???

let’s look at what’s happened since Nebraska has been in the B1G
-Sandusky State covered up a former coach who molested, raped/sodomized, etc at least 20+ victims the school later settled with and they weren’t expelled from the B1G.
-Ohio State has a doctor who had inappropriate let’s say behavior with 200 or so student athletes and they were not expelled.
-Meat Chicken State had a gymnastics coach Kathie Klages, who was aware, lied about , and did nothing about Larry Nassers sexual assaults of gymnasts and they were not expelled.
-Nebraska and their football coach want to play football in 2020 so Expell them for actually wanting to play football.

if the B1G did expel Nebraska they’d have a new P5 conference to play in in about 2 seconds and they’d have their choice.

Nebraska will be a top 25 football program this Spring, since only 14 teams are currently planning to compete in the Spring.

Can you imagine that? B1G playing football in the Spring, when nobody else is playing. In other words, it ain't happening, unless by chance, all P5 conferences ultimately decide to postpone Fall seasons. Either way, I don't see anybody playing Spring football, and if by chance they do, it will be watered down so badly, Bud Light will actually have a better taste.

Pretty much allowing them the bright lights every week this year in that part of the country.

Since when does the fan base do the AD and presidents job. Nobody cares what a few thousand bandwagon fans say compared to 100,000 true fans.

Big 10 made more money than all P5 conferences and their teams share was larger than all P5 conferences.

If I’m Nebraska I gave them the finger and leave. You had Sandusky University, Michigan State University, and the Ohio State University, having all major sexual or criminal issues going on within the university.

They wanted to try and play football and the head coach wants to go out and play and they blatantly get disrespected like they are some type of habitual offenders that the league is embarrassed about.

Nebraska already apologized, and said they're not going anywhere, and will not play games, unless it's against B1G opponents.

Oh great the expansion geek crawled out from under his rock.

Reactions: Homebrew Eer
Since when does the fan base do the AD and presidents job. Nobody cares what a few thousand bandwagon fans say compared to 100,000 true fans.

Big 10 made more money than all P5 conferences and their teams share was larger than all P5 conferences.

And this year they get zero.

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
The conference canceling football, even for a season, might be enough to argue that an incurable breach has occurred. Nebraska could possible leave without paying them anything. Could be hard for them to defend how it is safe to have in-person classes on campus with 10's of thousands of students, but it's unsafe to play football two teams who get constant tests and monitoring.
Boomer - your last sentence poses an interesting question and to me it's one that people seems to be avoiding to answer particularly the political correct snowflakes.

Boomer - your last sentence poses an interesting question and to me it's one that people seems to be avoiding to answer particularly the political correct snowflakes.

The university presidents are not going to dare decreasing tuition costs, so that’s why you see them supporting all the thousands of students returning to school.

Nebraska will be a top 25 football program this Spring, since only 14 teams are currently planning to compete in the Spring.

Can you imagine that? B1G playing football in the Spring, when nobody else is playing. In other words, it ain't happening, unless by chance, all P5 conferences ultimately decide to postpone Fall seasons. Either way, I don't see anybody playing Spring football, and if by chance they do, it will be watered down so badly, Bud Light will actually have a better taste.

Problem is basketball and baseball.

We will be watching basketball and baseball

While the B1G and PAC 12 play the minor league version of CFB

Oh sh_t! We're going to have to listen to them for another year about missing the championship playoffs again.

Nebraska,
(you all's team), issued a statement today committed to b10.

Per PTI, ESPN.
Can be re-repeated, Nebraska issued a statement TODAY committed to BIG 10.

Ps...in other words, b12 did not offer,
b10 didn't release Nebraska without penalty,

and most probably Nebraska did NOT ask either b10 for a release, nor b12 for a transfer.

Last edited:
Nebraska,

Per PTI, ESPN.

Miami Dolphin Head Coach Nick Saban once issued a statement “I’m not gonna be the coach at Alabama.” 2 days later he was at a presser in Tuscaloosa. They have 5 NCs since he got there. Nobody cares he lied.

VA Tech AD Jim Weaver once said, “Were committed to the Big East!” 24 hrs later he announced VA Tech going to accept the invitation to go to the ACC. They got a lot more $$$$$ and a better situation so nobody cares they lied.

Bottom line is don’t believe a word Anybody says. The world is full of liars cause it’s not illegal and there’s rarely any repercussions for doing it. From politicians of all origins & sides to every coach, AD, & University Official out there past, present, & future to the corporate CEOs and CFOs, they’ll all lie their @$$ off if benefits them.

Last edited:
Nebraska,

Per PTI, ESPN.

Ps...in other words, b12 did not offer,
b10 didn't release Nebraska without penalty,

and most probably Nebraska did NOT ask either b10 for a release, nor b12 for a transfer.

I don't expect anything to happen but their statement was pretty general....

Regarding the B10 penalty...lol, that is a total joke right now.

At least we know what a total joke the B10 is...that they would actually kick out a member for playing football....

Miami Dolphin Head Coach Nick Saban once issued a statement “I’m not gonna be the coach at Alabama.” 2 days later he was at a presser in Tuscaloosa. They have 5 NCs since he got there. Nobody cares he lied.

VA Tech AD Jim Weaver once said, “Were committed to the Big East!” 24 hrs later he announced VA Tech going to accept the invitation to go to the ACC. They got a lot more $$$$$ and a better situation so nobody cares they lied.

Bottom line is don’t believe a word Anybody says. The world is full of liars cause it’s not illegal and there’s rarely any repercussions for doing it. From politicians of all origins & sides to every coach, AD, & University Official out there past, present, & future to the corporate CEOs and CFOs, they’ll all lie their @$$ off if benefits them.

Nebraska issued the statement.

It's probably silly to think you can compare and individual decision, with an institutional decision...Saban vs Nebraska

But "knock yourself out"

Big 12 is targeting USC...

This is coming from people in the know.

Nebraska isn't the target to the Big 12 they think they are.

Big 12 needs to expand their talent pool.

California gives the Big 12 another state to recruit.
Players there are already taking about playing for the Big 12.

Even in Vegas and Phoenix. Both places have some talent there as well.

California HS are adjusting more to a Big 12 style of football.

If Nebraska is included. Who knows.

But it isn't a smart move.

Nebraska is stuck where they are at.
Have to deal with it.

Last edited:
Big 12 is targeting USC...

This is coming from people in the know.

Nebraska isn't the target to the Big 12 they think they are.

Big 12 needs to expand their talent pool.

California gives the Big 12 another state to recruit.
Players there are already taking about playing for the Big 12.

Even in Vegas and Phoenix. Both places have some talent there as well.

California HS are adjusting more to a Big 12 style of football.

If Nebraska is included. Who knows.

But it isn't a smart move.

Nebraska is stuck where they are at.
Have to deal with it.

I find USC , SOUTHERN California as even more remote then Nebraska....

Your source has a few holes in this statement...

Nobody goes from California to mid West.

Dead Story

Dead Story

Big 12 is a Texas conference
People go from California to Texas all the time.
People go from Texas to California all the time.

What does the Midwest have to do with anything.

Regarding WVU. I think they understand the position they are in

Ride with the Big 12 until the find a better place.

Most people know this isn't going to be forever.
While riding in the Big 12 WVU is all for improving their position.

USC gives that to them a lot more than Nebraska

Big 12 is a Texas conference
People go from California to Texas all the time.
People go from Texas to California all the time.

What does the Midwest have to do with anything.

Regarding WVU. I think they understand the position they are in

Ride with the Big 12 until the find a better place.

Most people know this isn't going to be forever.
While riding in the Big 12 WVU is all for improving their position.

USC gives that to them a lot more than Nebraska

I think b12 should invite Dallas,
Dallas Cowboys...

B12 has a better chance with an
Dallas Cowboy invite

I think b12 should invite Dallas,
Dallas Cowboys...

B12 has a better chance with an
Dallas Cowboy invite

I disagree.

Texas/USC will end up in the same conference in the near future.
The relationship between the two universities has grown stronger the last 5 years.
What the conference ends up being is yet to be determined.

The PAC 12 has been very quiet but there is a major issues there.
Especially financially. The boosters who are becoming vocal about going to the Big 12 has increased.

Can't see Nebraska getting out without paying anything--unless they get out when the Big Ten does its contracts in two years. Then they wouldn't have to pay. But hopefully the Coronavirus will be a thing of the past and schedules will be more normalized.

Today Nebraska backed down. People were actually calling for Nebraska to be kicked out of the Big Ten. So probably the current B10 money won out over everything else. But these next couple of years are going to be interesting with teams like Nebraska upset and the PAC 12 having all sorts of problems.

Don't know what the student situation is--many many schools are not having in person classes. Some that started to have changed their minds after outbreaks. If the State of Nebraska forces in person classes, then their football team couldn't really use that against the Big Ten--the conference didn't order in person classes.

Nebraska issued the statement.

It's probably silly to think you can compare and individual decision, with an institutional decision...Saban vs Nebraska

But "knock yourself out"

yeah that’s why I included VA Tech in there . There an institution not an individual. Both lie which was the point but it went right over your mofo head. I could have included BC and Miami as examples of other institutions lying, but why “knock yourself out” as you say.

Dead Story

TVZ head has a few holes in it.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

ISU is not winning the Big 12.

They have Oklahoma in the perfect position this year

Right out of the gate before Texas.

If Rattler not ready to play they can win that game easily.

Plus Oklahoma State is having some issues with their program.
Players leaving. Starting OL.

Iowa State has a chance to be a Top 10 team this year a lot of the year because of how the schedule is

I don't expect anything to happen but their statement was pretty general....

Regarding the B10 penalty...lol, that is a total joke right now.

At least we know what a total joke the B10 is...that they would actually kick out a member for playing football....
Ohio State is no joke, Jack. Now that there is less competition, perhaps, your conference will win its first CFP game. Until then, spare me the conference smack talk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT