ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 will be strong conference this year

Chris from WV

Senior
Jul 5, 2002
I was reading a preseason college football magazine last night, looking over the depth charts for Big 12 teams. I think this will be a very strong year for the Big 12:

1. Oklahoma should lead the conference and beat Ohio State in week 3.
2. Baylor's coaching situation is well documented, however, in 2016 they will still have talent to burn.
3. TCU has a ton of players coming back, plus, will have Hill at QB, the Texas A&M transfer.
4. Oklahoma State seems to return just about everyone on both offense and defense.

The Mountaineers have a challenging year ahead.

I was reading a preseason college football magazine last night, looking over the depth charts for Big 12 teams. I think this will be a very strong year for the Big 12:

1. Oklahoma should lead the conference and beat Ohio State in week 3.
2. Baylor's coaching situation is well documented, however, in 2016 they will still have talent to burn.
3. TCU has a ton of players coming back, plus, will have Hill at QB, the Texas A&M transfer.
4. Oklahoma State seems to return just about everyone on both offense and defense.

The Mountaineers have a challenging year ahead.

I will be very surprised if Baylor contends for BIG12 champs this year

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Yes.............the Big will be strong this year. But, when bowl time comes around...............the Big goes into hiding. Don't you think this outlaw thing has done got out of hand?

I had a similar thought with Baylor. But the magazine had the Bears in the Top 7 nationally and their talent will probably last one more year before they feel the effects of recruits jumping ship. The question becomes, how different will Grobes coach a Briles' roster?

Not to disagree with you, but

1. Oklahoma is replacing every WR in the starting line up from 2015 and I believe either 2 or 3 offensive lineman. That running game will have to be better with that man child they have had back there.
2. I just believe Baylor is a mess. You can't have this much going on and it not affect 18-21 yr olds.
3. TCU lost a darn good QB (Boykin) & WR (Doctson) and Hill from A& M is/was a head case at A&M.
4. I agree about Ok State.

Might I add that Texas is gonna be better than last year. I think much better.

I also don't take the fighting Bill Snyders as ever being out. He's the best when he's overlooked.

It will be a tough road but I think Baylor will really fall off. Glad we got 5 conference home games.

"Every one knows what is going to happen. Of course that is why they play the games"

3X WVU - nice perspective. I like your view better than Lindy's Sports.

Oklahoma's receivers are showing a returning senior, then two upper classmen. Six returning starters on offense, and the same on defense.

I can't get a good read on Baylor . . . they could be a juggernaut or fall to the middle of the Big 12?

I have a lot of respect for Coach Patterson and TCU, but only one offensive starter returns and six on defense.

This could be the year for Oklahoma State, which coming off a 10-3 is loaded with returning starters.

If the Mountaineer linebackers and secondary can gel, we do get Oklahoma and Baylor at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT