ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12.....pick up the phone, give a call to UCF and Memphis

UCF lacks the boosters and the alumni to generate the money to make the move.
UCF will turn into an albatross in three years in the Big XII

Memphis by itself does not have the depth across the athletic spectrum to provide this league what it needs.
It plays second fiddle to Ole Miss and Arkansas in its own city. Might even be more Tennessee fans when you get East of Shelby County.

Tulane is the only one the makes sense across the board because they were once a SEC school and they have the alumni to invest 100 million into their athletic program.

BYU is a nightmare to deal with so if BYU didn't have baggage it could be BYU and Tulane but because BYU puts the Big XII in three times zones it is not worth it.

Last edited:
UCF would be great. Been touting them for years. Our Fl recruiting would improve with a regular game against a Fl team. They have made 2 separate great runs with 2 different coaches since we were last relevant

Their alumni is huge but disorganized. Get a P5 invite and then that engine starts up.

UCF would be great. Been touting them for years. Our Fl recruiting would improve with a regular game against a Fl team. They have made 2 separate great runs with 2 different coaches since we were last relevant

Their alumni is huge but disorganized. Get a P5 invite and then that engine starts up.

They have maybe one thousand alumni that can make six figure donations.
They don't have the support from the city of Orlando to offset the cost in would entail to fix their facilities and their stadiums and arenas.

Like what West Virginia had when they entered the Big XII and your local government invested 25 million into a baseball stadium.

UCF would be a team that would finish on the bottom in every sport with a declining fan base and then an alumni/booster group that falls apart.

The Big XII needs universities that have the facilities or universities that have the alumni to throw 100 million dollars into their infrastructure

I just talked with UCF admin folks. They ain't interested in the Big. Their shiny shoes are happy with things just the way they are. No oversight. Now their coach, that's different................he said he was going to take the next plane to Nebraska. He is in it for the ca$h. He is now one of the 'Fat Cats' like Holgs. He reminds me of a former WV coach who flew the coop. Warez

Last edited:
UCF does not offer anything to the Big XII.

Don't get caught up with one season of success.
If UCF was in the Big XII they would be 8-4 this year maybe.

I agree all this is reactionary...in 2015 they went 0-12...would you have wanted them? Plus Frost is leaving.

One good year doesn't make them Big XII ready or worthy.

UCF lacks the boosters and the alumni to generate the money to make the move.
UCF will turn into an albatross in three years in the Big XII

Memphis by itself does not have the depth across the athletic spectrum to provide this league what it needs.
It plays second fiddle to Ole Miss and Arkansas in its own city. Might even be more Tennessee fans when you get East of Shelby County.

Tulane is the only one the makes sense across the board because they were once a SEC school and they have the alumni to invest 100 million into their athletic program.

BYU is a nightmare to deal with so if BYU didn't have baggage it could be BYU and Tulane but because BYU puts the Big XII in three times zones it is not worth it.

You’re kidding about UCF right? You just made up that theory out of thin air to disagree for no reason with OP right? I’m calling BS on a drunk poster. Opening footprint in Florida is a no brainer.

They have maybe one thousand alumni that can make six figure donations.
They don't have the support from the city of Orlando to offset the cost in would entail to fix their facilities and their stadiums and arenas.

Like what West Virginia had when they entered the Big XII and your local government invested 25 million into a baseball stadium.

UCF would be a team that would finish on the bottom in every sport with a declining fan base and then an alumni/booster group that falls apart.

The Big XII needs universities that have the facilities or universities that have the alumni to throw 100 million dollars into their infrastructure

Yep you doubled down on a ton of dumbness. UCF and USF should be invited tomorrow if no big ticket P5 school is willing to move. Memphis and Cincinnati should finish off expansion. Fill in he blanks later. Your theory is inaccurate and dumb. Which HB did you come from? Are you that dumbass Texas punk again?

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
UCf brings nothing to the table but Mickey Mouse. Be smart and stick at 10 teams if they and Memphis are the only options.

Yep you doubled down on a ton of dumbness. UCF and USF should be invited tomorrow if no big ticket P5 school is willing to move. Memphis and Cincinnati should finish off expansion. Fill in he blanks later. Your theory is inaccurate and dumb. Which HB did you come from? Are you that dumbass Texas punk again?

Email the Big XII office and explain to them your theory because I already know what their response if they give you one will be.
The Big XII investigated every possible university in the summer of 2016 and the problems mentioned about UCF is the reason why you will never see them in the Big XII

Unless of course Orlando, Orange County, state of Florida or the boosters/alumni can invest major money into their athletic department.
Not to mention UCF is a directional school that has not developed strong ties to its community. It is very different than UF or FSU.

South Florida actually scored higher and still would on the Big XII radar.
Tampa/St Pete area produces much better players than Orlando and USF is a part of an actual community instead of a collection of transplants.

Last edited:
Email the Big XII office and explain to them your theory because I already know what their response if they give you one will be.
The Big XII investigated every possible university in the summer of 2016 and the problems mentioned about UCF is the reason why you will never see them in the Big XII

Unless of course Orlando, Orange County, state of Florida or the boosters/alumni can invest major money into their athletic department.
Not to mention UCF is a directional school that has not developed strong ties to its community. It is very different than UF or FSU.

South Florida actually scored higher and still would on the Big XII radar.
Tampa/St Pete area produces much better players than Orlando and USF is a part of an actual community instead of a collection of transplants.

Every second you think that search wasn’t a staged event with zero chance of expansion makes you a bigger moron than you are. Texas and Oklahoma will determine if there is ever an expansion. And because no P5 school will ever come to Big12 the only candidates are those little red headed step children from the AAC.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Every second you think that search wasn’t a staged event with zero chance of expansion makes you a bigger moron than you are. Texas and Oklahoma will determine if there is ever an expansion. And because no P5 school will ever come to Big12 the only candidates are those little red headed step children from the AAC.

Someone would have to benefit if they went through all that work for nothing.

Tulane is and was the only school that everyone agreed on. Tulane would have been a welcomed eleventh member of the conference.
Tulane alumni and boosters were willing to put large sums of money into their athletic programs. Academically Tulane makes even more sense and many of the schools wanted Tulane in the conference because of Tulane's graduate programs.
New Orleans is a four drive from Houston so it made sense logistically. Plus it is in a major metropolitan area with flights to most of the country and every major airport in the United States.
Tulane opened he door into Mississippi and access to talent in Southern Mississippi and even into FloriBama. Mobile to Pensacola produces a lot of talent in both baseball and football.
Tulane could have provided the conference everything it needed except a twelfth school and this is why expansion stopped.
Colorado State would have meant three time Zones
Cincinnati and Memphis had issues because they did not carry much weight outside of their respective cities and did not offer what Tulane could.

Tulane and Texas have played 20 times in football.
UT's recent baseball coach came from Tulane. Texas and Tulane share many alumni as former Tulane students attend UT graduate schools and UT students attend Tulane's graduate courses.

It made the most sense. A lot more than either UCF or USF. Both of those schools understand the blueprint put in front of them by the Big XII if they want to be in this conference.

I would give it another 5-10 years and see what happens. There might be major changes due to the NFL work stoppage anyway.

UCF does not offer anything to the Big XII.

Don't get caught up with one season of success.
If UCF was in the Big XII they would be 8-4 this year maybe.
UCF would bring Florida into the Big 12 which is a new market. Just remember UCF has 2 New years six bowl wins in the last 4 years.

UCF would be great". THIS year.
Two years ago they were winless (O and 12). which way are they headed? Scott frost did a great job bringing them to where they are TODAY. He is now gone (to home in Nebraska). Will the new staff have the same magic? I question it. If they return to their former selves we are picking a loser that takes and brings little. What BB do they bring? Thought so, you never hear of them on the BB court. Better to stay with 10 than dilute that 10.

You’re kidding about UCF right? You just made up that theory out of thin air to disagree for no reason with OP right? I’m calling BS on a drunk poster. Opening footprint in Florida is a no brainer.
Florida should be a no Brainer. It has far superior athletes than any other big 12 state. But you have to remember the big 12 homer mentality can't see the forest from the trees.

UCF would be great". THIS year.
Two years ago they were winless (O and 12). which way are they headed? Scott frost did a great job bringing them to where they are TODAY. He is now gone (to home in Nebraska). Will the new staff have the same magic? I question it. If they return to their former selves we are picking a loser that takes and brings little. What BB do they bring? Thought so, you never hear of them on the BB court. Better to stay with 10 than dilute that 10.
I guess you forgot about that beat down they put on Baylor in the Fiesta bowl in 2014.

USF did not even have the finances to compete in the Big East in every major sport let alone the Big XII.

Both universities understand what it will take to move up to the Big XII.
The Big XII has set up it perfectly with both schools competing with each other for a possible spot in the conference.
That door will not open until one earns the spot and this means in all sports, academics, resources and fan support.

UCF has been on UT's radar for a long time.
Maybe you do not remember but ten years ago UT opened up UCF's new football stadium and they played UCF in a home and home.
Texas also brokered a home and home between UCF and Stanford and has been trying to get UCF and Nebraska to play.

What you are saying is nothing new but the issue is that UCF has to earn their right to play in the Big XII.

Reactions: eerdoc
MASTER...so how did WVU do on the academics side lol. It amazes me.
Your ridicule of WVU academics is unjust and uncalled for. I know from personal experience that graduates from WVU are not considered inferior options by numerous very highly regarded graduate programs and those charged with hiring and evaluating personnel in several highly respected national companies. The rags that perform their perfunctory rankings based not on performance of or opportunities provided to graduates are easy fodder for the lazy and ignorant among us and especially the ever present fake media. I believe in WVU and wish others that claim allegiance would also be supportive based on factual information rather than be led by the 'easy read' magazine articles who base so much on incidentals.

If you can't see UCF wouldn't be a great add, then I can't teach it to you.

They have been fantastic twice with 2 different coaches in the past 5 years, so the whole "they are done once Frost is gone" is hogwash.

WVU has lost Florida. There is no other way to put it. Our team speed screams it out every time I watch. Having a yearly game with UCF fixes a ton of that.

Reactions: Rootmaster

They have been fantastic twice with 2 different coaches in the past 5 years, so the whole "they are done once Frost is gone" is hogwash.

WVU has lost Florida. There is no other way to put it. Our team speed screams it out every time I watch. Having a yearly game with UCF fixes a ton of that.
Having a team in Florida would help wvu. I know were not going to get FSU, UF or miami so UCF is the next best thing at this point.

What are you talking about...
You should research NCAA Track and Field Championships
Texas schools and the Southwest has dominated Florida and the Southeast

The Texas schools with Arkansas and LSU have won close to 30 NCAA championships
With the Alabama schools, Georgia, SC and Florida schools winning less than ten.
Individual titles well over 200 NC
The Southeast schools around 20.

Best athletes come from an area between I-35 in Texas to the Mississippi River up to I-40.
This has been proven numerous times by genetic studies of muscle tissues.

graduates from WVU are not considered inferior options by numerous very highly regarded graduate programs and those charged with hiring and evaluating personnel in several highly respected national companies.

How many glittering generalities, filler words, and non specific references can you possibly get into one overly long sentence? LOL Maybe it is a reflection of your educational status? Just wonderin'. BTW: I am a WVU alum...are you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT