ADVERTISEMENT

Better Team/Coach Won...

Pitt boy showing how much of a Yinzer he really is
Nova starting getting good around 04.
Remember Nova played UNC the year Hound Dog won his first NC and Roy was telling the world how Nova and Jay Wright gave them more than they fan handle

You would pick WVU over any school in Philly wouldnt you

Man are you sad. I feel sorry for you. Do a better fact check haha. Oh LOL at the University of Texass!!!

Last edited:
Talking Wright years 79. I’m not antiNova. I actually love the way they play. Just saying the Big East implosion took Nova from a middle of the pack conference program to a top 4 National program.
Ok, not a Nova fan by any means, just know they have had pretty good basketball tradition and have had a strong program ( for most of the time ) for the last 30 years or so.

Ok, not a Nova fan by any means, just know they have had pretty good basketball tradition and have had a strong program ( for most of the time ) for the last 30 years or so.

This isn’t your strength honey. I stated facts about Nova so either comment about my point or start a new thread and I’ll join in on it.

For the whiners who blame the officials after every WVU loss, please tell us who was whistled for his second foul before any other starting player last night. I'll give you a hint: He is the highest-rated NBA prospect who played in last night's game, and missed most of the First Half, due to the second foul being called on him.

Carter played 37 minutes.

So you are mistaken about him missing most of the first half.

I forgot to tell you I am super successful. Top 1% wage earner in America. And attend CMU for my Masters(didn’t finish because I got into finance). Live in the most affluent part of Pittsburgh. Country Club. Mercedes. You know the drill. Not a big deal but figured I’d let you know.

There fans are smug ivy wannabees. I hope they lose there next game. They weren’t shit until real Big East imploded. Big East imploding was best thing that happened to that program. I think I heard tonight 17 years of Wright has produced 6 Sweet16s. With 2 or 3 coming recently. Middle of the pack until all the schools that out recruited him and beat him left the Northeast recruiting base. Even Penn State is grabbing Philly and Northeast kids now that teams like Pitt and WVU left traditional areas.

This isn’t your strength honey. I stated facts about Nova so either comment about my point or start a new thread and I’ll join in on it.
Well my, Oh my, calling people “honey” AND a “Top 1%” wage earner, ...... now that’s impressive. Kids now days, ................

Well my, Oh my, calling people “honey” AND a “Top 1%” wage earner, ...... now that’s impressive. Kids now days, ................

Hey the truth is the truth. Guy got on me for a late night “there” instead of “their”. No biggie! Just mess with him back. Don’t be so insecure 79. It’s all good. And remember 79 I’ve posted only truths.

I forgot to tell you I am super successful. Top 1% wage earner in America. And attend CMU for my Masters(didn’t finish because I got into finance). Live in the most affluent part of Pittsburgh. Country Club. Mercedes. You know the drill. Not a big deal but figured I’d let you know. And I’m a big WVU guy.
Don’t be so insecure.
Isn’t that something.

All year we have had 2 big weaknesses 1. allowing uncontested 3s and 2. getting very little from all of our Fs.

This was a very good year, but one that could have been great...I'll take it.
+1, better season than i initially anticipated. Jay Wright is not a "better" coach than Huggs - different style.

Texas I agree the sport has grown worldwide and the potential is there for basketball to be #1 sport eventually. Football has injury fear and less kids may play going forward.

American college basketball is beautiful and my interest in sports centers around the great college tradition, pride, fans, pageantry, purity, alumni, community....I also love high school sports, it’s pure.....I hope the NBA and NCAA work together to help both each other and protect the great tradition of college basketball and American basketball. College hoops needs to remain the best training ground for the NBA. So much fun and tradition in college sports. Nothing compares. Pro has become boring.

A better college game equals a better NBA. They need a 3 year rule. Give bigger scholarships and more incentives to stay and develop more while also getting a free education. Plus 3 year star players are more respected and marketable because college fans get more time to know and love them. They in turn will follow them in NBA more. The wet behind the ears high school to NBA or 1 and done tattooed, immature kids don’t impress college fans, alumni. The NBA is better to take more mature, developed players that will be more marketable from day 1. Plus better fundamentals.

PAC 12 and Big East are already proposing 2 year rule. NBA is better if they get a little older, more developed, mature players that college fans actually get to know a little longer. Fix the mess. NBA and NCAA need to help each other. It’s not rocket science. Help the game be even better. It’s win win for both.

It should be the athlete's choice to go play BB at what level they want or how many years. It's their life. NBA has all these D leagues then they should use them for minor league system.

It should be the athlete's choice to go play BB at what level they want or how many years. It's their life.

Oh. ....I’ll just choose the NBA then. Cha-Ching.

My choice NBA...now pay me!!

It should be the athlete's choice to go play BB at what level they want or how many years. It's their life. NBA has all these D leagues then they should use them for minor league system.

Seriously though....some jobs have requirements that may not really be needed and take unpaid years to acquire... ....but you MUST meet those requirements to get the job.

You know....like a college degree for those of us that will never be pro athletes? We all know most college educations are a waste of time and money but we just had to have that piece of paper....

That piece of paper gives one a certain thought of security. But turns out the job you get has nothing to do with the degree. But the money is still green.

That piece of paper gives one a certain thought of security. But turns out the job you get has nothing to do with the degree. But the money is still green.

I wouldn’t saying “nothing” regarding all opportunities but overall I agree with you.

Need a much better rounded team that has guys who can perform well enough to give the starters quality rests. We had no answer for taking Carter, Sags and to a lesser extent Miles out of thegame. That will be a challenge next year with a bunch of hew faces coming in.
Need some NBA Lottery Picks.

If your use of "there" is any indication, I'm sure they do seem smug to you.

NOVA has always been a good to great program with Wright, other teams leaving the conference has nothing to do with it. Its not like those schools abandoned their traditional recruiting grounds.

LOL. Here ya go. Thier. Apologies. Late night posting can be difficult. As for your point about how good Nova was in old Big East you’re a bit off. The last three years of the old Big East Nova was 9th, 13th and 8th. Last 3 year record in old Big East Conference play was a whopping 24-30. In 13 years of the old Big East Wright tied for 1st once and tied for 2nd once. Make no mistake Nova was not a top 4 or 5 program in the old Big East. Now in the overrated new Big East they have four 1st finishes and a 2nd for the 5 years of the new conference. So Nova goes from a middle of the pack old Big East program to a top 4 program Nationally. If you can’t keep up with my original point that Nova became the Nova we know now only because of the Big East implosion then shut up and sit down. Your comment about recruiting was another clue that you post just for the sake of posting.

I forgot to tell you I am super successful. Top 1% wage earner in America. And attend CMU for my Masters(didn’t finish because I got into finance). Live in the most affluent part of Pittsburgh. Country Club. Mercedes. You know the drill. Not a big deal but figured I’d let you know. And I’m a big WVU guy.
So what difference does it make puffing yourself up
Mr top 1 percent wage earner
Sad
Does that make your opinion more important
Sitting there with your pipe and slippers on?

Sad

I don’t smoke a pipe or wear slippers goofball. Don’t be so insecure. I’m just messin with a geek. The guy was arrogant so I stuffed facts down his throat. Works every time.

Sad is being on welfare. You’re confused.

We just need a better shooting guard/scoring guard or a small forward that can consistently score like a Da Butler or Joe Alexander.

Dax is a solid player but he’s not the shooting guard that’s going to get us to the elite 8 or Final 4. He’s a smallish, inconsistent shooting guard with a very limited ceiling. We also had nothing at small forward. If we had a excellent small forward that could score than we could live with Dax at 2 guard.

There fans are smug ivy wannabees. I hope they lose there next game. They weren’t shit until real Big East imploded. Big East imploding was best thing that happened to that program. I think I heard tonight 17 years of Wright has produced 6 Sweet16s. With 2 or 3 coming recently. Middle of the pack until all the schools that out recruited him and beat him left the Northeast recruiting base. Even Penn State is grabbing Philly and Northeast kids now that teams like Pitt and WVU left traditional areas.

There's a reason why they call it Vanillanova....

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Sad

I don’t smoke a pipe or wear slippers goofball. Don’t be so insecure. I’m just messin with a geek. The guy was arrogant so I stuffed facts down his throat. Works every time.

Sad is being on welfare. You’re confused.
Got it
I will not picture you as Fred MacMurray with a pipe and slippers
Lol
You may proceed messing with the geek

There are so many more options for today's athletes that just the NBA and their D league teams. World wide there are many more leagues and teams than there are P5 conferences and teams. If the new rules require a kid to play for more than 1 college season I think you'll see more kids heading overseas.

LOL. Here ya go. Thier. Apologies. Late night posting can be difficult. As for your point about how good Nova was in old Big East you’re a bit off. The last three years of the old Big East Nova was 9th, 13th and 8th. Last 3 year record in old Big East Conference play was a whopping 24-30. In 13 years of the old Big East Wright tied for 1st once and tied for 2nd once. Make no mistake Nova was not a top 4 or 5 program in the old Big East. Now in the overrated new Big East they have four 1st finishes and a 2nd for the 5 years of the new conference. So Nova goes from a middle of the pack old Big East program to a top 4 program Nationally. If you can’t keep up with my original point that Nova became the Nova we know now only because of the Big East implosion then shut up and sit down. Your comment about recruiting was another clue that you post just for the sake of posting.

I’m a big WVU guy too. 6’6” 280. No, can’t run or play DE. Just old & big. And die hard fan.

If you look back at old Big East days WVU was 8-5 against Jay Wright. Nova was a solid program but nothing special then. Only the last 3 years have they become elite. And I agree that the new watered down big east has helped that along.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT