ADVERTISEMENT

Better Team/Coach Won...

Brunson is a better player than Jevon Carter

That made the big difference.

Carter is a great player but Brunson is an unbelievable college point guard and has Top 10 potential when drafted

All year we have had 2 big weaknesses 1. allowing uncontested 3s and 2. getting very little from all of our Fs.

This was a very good year, but one that could have been great...I'll take it.

They called 20 fouls on us in 2nd half.

The press didnt create turnovers because of quick passes and movement without the ball

In the half court Brunson was able to force help with the dribble or by backing Carter into the paint

This was the reason for the loss not the refs

Brunson is a better player than Jevon Carter

That made the big difference.

Carter is a great player but Brunson is an unbelievable college point guard and has Top 10 potential when drafted

Brunson is a better player than Trae Young. Now take your Texas crap back to Texas . Or to herd land.

The press didnt create turnovers because of quick passes and movement without the ball

In the half court Brunson was able to force help with the dribble or by backing Carter into the paint

This was the reason for the loss not the refs

Press created 9 turnovers in first half. Dbl Bonus at the 12 minute mark stopped the press from happening.

Press created 9 turnovers in first half. Dbl Bonus at the 12 minute mark stopped the press from happening.

Did you watch the game
Majority of those turnovers didnt come from the press.

Nova went over the top and understood where the trap was coming from almost every time

Huggins relaxed the full court press before the end of the 1st half because it actually benefited Nova

Didnt see any turnovers because of the trap because Nova was well coached

Believe your own narrative if you want

Did you watch the game
Majority of those turnovers didnt come from the press.

Nova went over the top and understood where the trap was coming from almost every time

Huggins relaxed the full court press before the end of the firdt half because it actually benefited Nova

Didnt see any turnovers because of the trap because Nova was well coached

Believe your own narrative if you want

You master bait anyone and anything that is not WVU. Get out and go home.

You master bait anyone and anything that is not WVU. Get out and go home.

I wanted WVU to win.
Had them playing Tech in the Elite 8

I underestimated Jay Wright.
If he only had one day between games I think WVU would have had a chance

Practicing 7-5 forced his team to make quick decisions and not to dribble until they broke the press

Our defense gets beat by good scoring teams. Kansas, Villanova, you need offense to beat them. We don’t have enough offense. We have no elite wings. Dax is not elite but Lamont, Teddy, Esa, Wes are not the answer at SF. Absolutely nothing at small forward. We don’t score enough, plain and simple.

Let’s hope Lamont, Teddy, Esa, Wes make much improvement for next year.

Also JC is good but he is only 3rd best PG in Big 12. Keenan Evans and Devonte Graham finish and score better. Bottom line we need more scoring. Defense, defense defense will keep Huggins chocking in March. At Cincinnati and WVU, March has not been kind to Huggs.

I think the biggest reason we lost was bad shot choices like one player in crunch time heaving every 3 and going 1-8. Got to be better than that

I hope NOVA wins it all. Wright is a great coach and a class act.

Man that team can shoot.

There fans are smug ivy wannabees. I hope they lose there next game. They weren’t shit until real Big East imploded. Big East imploding was best thing that happened to that program. I think I heard tonight 17 years of Wright has produced 6 Sweet16s. With 2 or 3 coming recently. Middle of the pack until all the schools that out recruited him and beat him left the Northeast recruiting base. Even Penn State is grabbing Philly and Northeast kids now that teams like Pitt and WVU left traditional areas.

Our defense gets beat by good scoring teams. Kansas, Villanova, you need offense to beat them. We don’t have enough offense. We have no elite wings. Dax is not elite but Lamont, Teddy, Esa, Wes are not the answer at SF. Absolutely nothing at small forward. We don’t score enough, plain and simple.

Let’s hope Lamont, Teddy, Esa, Wes make much improvement for next year.

Also JC is good but he is only 3rd best PG in Big 12. Keenan Evans and Devonte Graham finish and score better. Bottom line we need more scoring. Defense, defense defense will keep Huggins chocking in March. At Cincinnati and WVU, March has not been kind to Huggs.

Great call Dude. You named the Top 2 teams in America. Everyone else rarely out scores them haha

How many weren’t fouls in your opinion
IMO and this may be just me....that double team foul was complete and other crap.....everything else was just part of a normal WVU game....we foul...a lot.

Speaking of which Allen did the one thing that everyone else refuse to do - go inside and create fouls......i wish more of our players did that.

Jevon Carter is the Patrice Bergeron of college basketball. Best 2 way guard and never truly gets the respect he deserves.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
K... ...let me know when we have ever lost that they didn’t....
Truly a sad commentary on the power assigned to folks who really bear little responsibility and scrutiny. Reform is needed, especially in some way that affects their income and ability to actually work. Either follow the rules and call the game as stipulated or find another way to bring home a few dollars.

They weren’t shit until real Big East imploded. Big East imploding was best thing that happened to that program.
Not completely accurate,Villanova was competitive many years in the old Big East, and won college basketball’s National Championship in 1985. Massimino’s record at Villanova from 73’ to 92’ had 14 years when they won over 30 games, and never won less than 26.

I wanted WVU to win.
Had them playing Tech in the Elite 8

I underestimated Jay Wright.
If he only had one day between games I think WVU would have had a chance

Practicing 7-5 forced his team to make quick decisions and not to dribble until they broke the press

Yup those 16 turnovers by Nova must have been imaginary. We lost because Nova hit 14 3's. You just proved you are clueless.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Pitt boy showing how much of a Yinzer he really is
Nova starting getting good around 04.
Remember Nova played UNC the year Hound Dog won his first NC and Roy was telling the world how Nova and Jay Wright gave them more than they fan handle

You would pick WVU over any school in Philly wouldnt you

Huggs needs to recruit offense, offense, offense. Defense, defense, defense don’t get you past sweet 16.

No excuse not to recruit better. We got statues of Hall of Fame legends outside of Coliseum and a top practice facility. Morgantown area has grown and is growing fast. It’s not all that small anymore. We’re a huge university with a big fan base with great tradition. We’ve been to Final 4 before and elite 8. We need to do it a little more often in this watered down lower talent college hoops of today. The Coliseum rocks with sellout crowds. Huggs just needs to recruit better scoring. No excuse.

I honestly think Huggs figured out the all defensive mentality isn’t working. That’s why we’ve seeing the recruiting of Knapper, McCabe, Teddy....those guys are known for scoring. Teddy has a long way to go but if he improves his outside shot has a chance to be a 4 year program guy that can score solid.

Need a much better rounded team that has guys who can perform well enough to give the starters quality rests. We had no answer for taking Carter, Sags and to a lesser extent Miles out of thegame. That will be a challenge next year with a bunch of hew faces coming in.

WVU pride continually makes a fool of himself

The talent pool in basketball continues to grow as the sport grows
It is easily the second most popular sport in the world

Because of this in the next 5 years you will see an increase in international talent
Problem is in a lot of countries 16 year olds are signed to professional contracts

Even Michigan's Mo Wagner was playing for money
I guess there are ways to get around this but I think players in Europe and elsewhere see CBB as a better way to learn the game than in Europe

So the talent in CBB like in the NBA has increased

For the whiners who blame the officials after every WVU loss, please tell us who was whistled for his second foul before any other starting player last night. I'll give you a hint: He is the highest-rated NBA prospect who played in last night's game, and missed most of the First Half, due to the second foul being called on him.

There fans are smug ivy wannabees. I hope they lose there next game. They weren’t shit until real Big East imploded. Big East imploding was best thing that happened to that program. I think I heard tonight 17 years of Wright has produced 6 Sweet16s. With 2 or 3 coming recently. Middle of the pack until all the schools that out recruited him and beat him left the Northeast recruiting base. Even Penn State is grabbing Philly and Northeast kids now that teams like Pitt and WVU left traditional areas.

If your use of "there" is any indication, I'm sure they do seem smug to you.

NOVA has always been a good to great program with Wright, other teams leaving the conference has nothing to do with it. Its not like those schools abandoned their traditional recruiting grounds.

Wright is a great coach, and so is Huggins.

I agree they are the better team, but I'm not willing to say he's a better coach because of this win.

If your use of "there" is any indication, I'm sure they do seem smug to you.

NOVA has always been a good to great program with Wright, other teams leaving the conference has nothing to do with it. Its not like those schools abandoned their traditional recruiting grounds.

LOL. Here ya go. Thier. Apologies. Late night posting can be difficult. As for your point about how good Nova was in old Big East you’re a bit off. The last three years of the old Big East Nova was 9th, 13th and 8th. Last 3 year record in old Big East Conference play was a whopping 24-30. In 13 years of the old Big East Wright tied for 1st once and tied for 2nd once. Make no mistake Nova was not a top 4 or 5 program in the old Big East. Now in the overrated new Big East they have four 1st finishes and a 2nd for the 5 years of the new conference. So Nova goes from a middle of the pack old Big East program to a top 4 program Nationally. If you can’t keep up with my original point that Nova became the Nova we know now only because of the Big East implosion then shut up and sit down. Your comment about recruiting was another clue that you post just for the sake of posting.

I forgot to tell you I am super successful. Top 1% wage earner in America. And attend CMU for my Masters(didn’t finish because I got into finance). Live in the most affluent part of Pittsburgh. Country Club. Mercedes. You know the drill. Not a big deal but figured I’d let you know. And I’m a big WVU guy.

Last edited:
Not completely accurate,Villanova was competitive many years in the old Big East, and won college basketball’s National Championship in 1985. Massimino’s record at Villanova from 73’ to 92’ had 14 years when they won over 30 games, and never won less than 26.

Talking Wright years 79. I’m not antiNova. I actually love the way they play. Just saying the Big East implosion took Nova from a middle of the pack conference program to a top 4 National program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT