ADVERTISEMENT

At least WVU is getting some attention in the rankings

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
WVU is ranked 29th (writer) and 30th (coaches) after 4 weeks of the football season.

Baylor (13th in both) is the highest ranked Big 12 team.

WVU and Baylor are the only unbeaten Big 12 teams.

TCU is 21st & 19th even with a 3-1 record.

Texas is 22nd and 25th with a 2-1 record.

Oklahoma is 27th and 29th with a 1-2 record, the same as Kansas!

Season standings for Big 12 teams:

Baylor 4-0

West Virginia 3-0

TCU 3-1

Kansas State 2-1

Texas 2-1

Texas Tech 2-1

Kansas 1-2

Oklahoma 1-2

Iowa State 1-3

Solution for my alma mater: Stay undefeated and the climb up the ladder is assured. Kansas State, Texas Tech and TCU are next in line Advance to 6-0 and top 10 or 15 ranking is all but a gimme because more and more teams above WVU will lose.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

Reactions: Euell
Agree. The rankings at this point are merely fodder for the media. They need something to speculate about to demonstrate their knowledge and prognostication abilities. We just need to keep winning and things will work out. IMHO, we are one week away from entering the Top 25 with a win over KSU.

It's a start. Not a bad spot, either. A win over Kansas State, coupled with the constant fall of "top" teams this season, and could be ranked as high as 20 come next week.

It's a start. Not a bad spot, either. A win over Kansas State, coupled with the constant fall of "top" teams this season, and could be ranked as high as 20 come next week.

I hate to pin our hopes on the fall of someone else; even though it is the reality of sports polls. Wouldn't it be nice to just kick some KSU ass and get the ranking the old fashioned way; earn it.

Reactions: WVU-Brand
I agree, Ex-Pat. Being 4-0, with respectable wins, should get a top 25 ranking. But in this era of teams under .500 being ranked above teams without a loss, or where simply being in the $EC gets a 25 ranking, you have to root against everyone else.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT