ADVERTISEMENT

As usual, I have the solution

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Let each of the Power 5 conferences determine how they will selected their conference's representative in the College Football Playoffs.

The College Playoff Committee will determine the seeding, 1 through 5.

4 and 5 play each other as a sort of play-in game, like in March Madness.

Then 1 vs. 4/5 winner and 2 vs. 3 winner.

If you can't win your own conference championship, which should you play for the national championship?

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S hellshock Baylor

Lame idea.

However, if this was in play, WVU would never get selected by their own conference. Texas would be your representative each and every year, regardless of their record.

Lame idea.

However, if this was in play, WVU would never get selected by their own conference. Texas would be your representative each and every year, regardless of their record.
Hey, if we can't win the conference then we don't belong in the national playoffs. So why does Ohio State get a pass? Penn State doesn't count, I guess.

boy, old man river really backed off his "The facts are the facts" way of life quick, huh?

Guess that line's only good when you're about the make another anti-Dana thread and then post false stats about him?

The fact is tOSU is easily one of the 4 best teams in CFB and played on the #1 most difficult schedule this seasons.....

boy, old man river really backed off his "The facts are the facts" way of life quick, huh?

Guess that line's only good when you're about the make another anti-Dana thread and then post false stats about him?

The fact is tOSU is easily one of the 4 best teams in CFB and played on the #1 most difficult schedule this seasons.....
Nothing like personal attacks to divert from the brilliance of the OP's solution. Have a great Mountaineer day, sir. God bless America and everyone who disagrees with me.

Even those who resort to ageism, as if a 40 year old is smarter than an 84-year-old. The octogenarians know better because we have survived what you haven't faced yet.

S hellshock Baylor

Nothing like personal attacks to divert from the brilliance of the OP's solution. Have a great Mountaineer day, sir. God bless America and everyone who disagrees with me.

Even those who resort to ageism, as if a 40 year old is smarter than an 84-year-old. The octogenarians know better because we have survived what you haven't faced yet.

S hellshock Baylor

In basketball, the 2011 Connecticut team (32-9) is just as qualified a champion as the 2012 Kentucky team (38-2).

There has never been an unbeaten national champ since Indiana (32-0) did it in 1976.

The more inclusive the playoffs, the more valid the national title is. The Football Final Four is no more valid than the BCS.

OK, make it 8 teams and include all 5 Power 5 champs. Then Ohio State can duke it out with Penn State-Wisconsin loser for one of the 3 at-large spots. That and seeding will give the committee something to do that they can't screw up as badly as they are doing it now.

It works in basketball. It works in DII & DIII in football, too.

But TV and money won’t let it work in football.

Don’t hand a Final Four to a school. Make them play their way in, through a conference championship. If you can’t win your own conference, why should you be in a national playoff?

because the facts show you are a top 4 team, mostly....

11-1 on the nation's toughest schedule with the only loss occurring to a top 10 opponent.

Facts.

Don’t hand a Final Four to a school. Make them play their way in, through a conference championship. If you can’t win your own conference, why should you be in a national playoff?
So, if Kentucky goes unbeaten in the regular season this year, but gets knocked off by say, 11-21 Auburn in the conference championship game, Auburn should get the only bid to the NCAA basketball tournament. Am I understanding you correctly?

Let each of the Power 5 conferences determine how they will selected their conference's representative in the College Football Playoffs.

The College Playoff Committee will determine the seeding, 1 through 5.

4 and 5 play each other as a sort of play-in game, like in March Madness.

Then 1 vs. 4/5 winner and 2 vs. 3 winner.

If you can't win your own conference championship, which should you play for the national championship?

S hellshock Baylor

Nice try for a dumb guy. But that is really dumb. You receive zero points and may God have mercy on your soul.

They did lose to Penn St right genius?

So, if Kentucky goes unbeaten in the regular season this year, but gets knocked off by say, 11-21 Auburn in the conference championship game, Auburn should get the only bid to the NCAA basketball tournament. Am I understanding you correctly?
No because Kentucky would be in by way of the regular season championship.

By telegraphing its preferences regardless of the conference championship game, the College Football Pretzel committee has demoted the Big 10 title contest to a consolation prize.
Why does the Big 10 title game become meaningless because Ohio State and Michigan are not in it? Why bother playing the games if you have one set of rules for "certain" teams and another set of convoluted rules for all the other teams?

Alabama, Washington, Clemson and the Big 10 or Big 12 champ should be in the Football Final Four. Otherwise, there are NO rules, just "gut feelings" by a dozen or so people.

There should not be one rule for selecting a few elite teams and different rules for eliminating "not-elite" teams.
And the bowl selectors have backed themselves into a corner if Navy wins the AAC, by waiting till the Army-Navy game to make the choices. I know they came up with a cockamainy backup play that would only keep 3 bowl selections in limbo but, come on. You can't give a team 72-hour notice about where to show up to play a bowl game.

These guys are working hard to make the BCS look like a stroke of genius. Whoever thought that day would come.

S hellshock Baylor

S hellshock Baylor

It doesn't matter whatsoever . It has been an entertaining season thus far, and the Bowls will be interesting . ....however we all know Washington , Clemson, and Ohio St aren't winning it...nevermind Penn St and Wisky...just give the EERS a quality bowl and opponent....and be done with it.

Two things in life are a given. 1. You don't do the brown acid, 2. You don't bother to read the large red font. Warez

CFE - get over it - Ohio State is one of the four best teams just as they were in 2014. Conference Championships have rewards - but it is not an automatic into the College Football Playoff. Just as B10 Boss Jim Dulaney said on Game Day - We lost an election when we set up the playoffs and you have to live with the results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT