ADVERTISEMENT

As stated a year ago...

"Jeff Goodman reported the scoop. a) Williams signed with an agent b) the agent's name. No one put that out before Goodman. A & B are the difference between speculation and reposting on fan boards what's widely rumored."

You should join the blue lot, Press

We've been talking about Verus Management (Devin's Agency) for about a week before Goodman's report....

it's the right move. He's isnt an NBA-level athlete, and another year of school wasn't going to change that. Don't risk some career-ending injury when you've maxed your potential already.
Realizing that the is not the elite talent and his Pro BB earning potential may not be large would not a return to school to finish the degree be ultra wise? H may need to rely on that E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N some day starting in the very near future.

Realizing that the is not the elite talent and his Pro BB earning potential may not be large would not a return to school to finish the degree be ultra wise? H may need to rely on that E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N some day starting in the very near future.
He's a smart kid. I bet he gets that degree this summer while signing a contract to play in Italy or Spain. He will enjoy the next 3-4 yrs of his life, and then make some hard choices about where to live and what profession to commit to for the future. I agree, he just isn't an NBA 4 or 3. However, he will have a degree, money in the bank, and 3-4 yrs of European girls and experiences in his memory bank before he has to face what a typical WVU grad faces after walking.

For all those on here ripping Keaton: please list those things he claimed to know and was wrong. Keaton, could you do the same?

People on here are aggressive and angry all the time. If someone is FOS, then call them out, otherwise let people report on what they hear....this isn't a newspaper. I haven't been on long, but Keaton seems like he says what he hears, and doesn't claim to know things just to feel like an "insider". Maybe I'm wrong?

Well Boom ... please read everything I say and make sure that you understand it.

It has already been pointed out that Keaton said words to the effect that "something changed" with DW when it appeared he might be staying. And now Keaton says that he didn't say that. But he did.

90% or more of what Keaton reports likely has real substance to it. But he is so addicted to his little "know-it-all" chat board role then when he is caught not knowing or caught misrepresenting he'll sometimes lie about it. That is what happened here.

AND ..... God forbid .... if you ever say anything negative about Bob Huggins he'll twist what you say and tell lies about you.

For example: In the past (couple of years ago) I have said that Huggs has a problem with drinking IN IMAGE if not in daily reality. Keaton turned that into me saying that Huggs is an alcoholic. I have never said such a thing and I personally have no idea. I just know that because of several incidents that Huggs has been perceived as a drunk by some and then I suggested that this image could be used against Huggs in recruiting. Again .... Keaton kept saying that I called Huggs an alcoholic. Even after repeated explanations of my words, like the one in this paragraph, Keaton kept saying that I called Huggs an alcoholic. I never have. But for a couple of years Keaton would lie about my statement even though he knew I never actually called Huggs an alcoholic.

It has been documented in this thread ..... Keaton is a liar.
I'm sure he believes that the end justifies the means. But he is a liar.

The thing about real liars ..... they'll lie when they don't have to lie ... and they eventually expose themselves.

Keaton didn't have to lie to Orlaco in this thread. All he had to do was acknowledge that things did become unclear for a while but that, after all was said and done, they did turn out to be like he originally believed..
But no .... He thinks he has to lie and deny Orlaco's clear and accurate recollection.

Keaton is a habitual liar.

Hmm... There's no maybe about it, you are wrong. If he just said what he heard (from NJGman mind you) then no one would care.

It's overstating his opinion as fact, trying to dominate every thread on every board and being an all around pompous douchebag that ******** is now widely known for on WVU message boards.
Do not post personal information (or attacks) on users of the site, you've been warned before.

Reactions: Boomboom521
My favorite Keaton memory is earlier this season in a prediction thread prior to the KU game he predicted a double digit loss by WVU. Just after the game (a WVU win) he went back and edited his post in the prediction thread to say a WVU win. That is a person who cares way too much about a message board persona...

It's similar to a person who would selectively bump a bunch of threads about Devin Williams months later to prove he is an insider.

Reactions: Mtman 69
Do not post personal information (or attacks) on users of the site, you've been warned before.

KC does the exact same thing. I've seen him post photos and names from social media accounts of posters on these boards.

I realize you own the site and make the rules, just thought I'd pass along an FYI.

KC does the exact same thing. I've seen him post photos and names from social media accounts of posters on these boards.

I realize you own the site and make the rules, just thought I'd pass along an FYI.
Its' never been reported to me but I have seen people post his information several times and it's going to stop. The report feature is being abused by a few people but it is there for situations like this so use it when necessary.

Jeff Goodman reported the scoop. a) Williams signed with an agent b) the agent's name. No one put that out before Goodman. A & B are the difference between speculation and reposting on fan boards what's widely rumored.

Now it's a matter of signing a lucrative contract and sustaining it. I hope it is so and think D. Williams can and will make it so. Once that happens, sure, it was the thing to do and great for him and his family if that's what's needed. I wouldn't know directly.

His absence is a bummer for WVU - or should be - and the situation is pretty abnormal, forgoing senior season, not for the NBA. WVU & others have had four-year players go on to earn money abroad. Not in the cards here for whatever reason.

Williams would've changed the prospectus for the coming season in a big way. He's one of my favorite 'Eers and turned in countless big time performances during the revamping of our program to Press Virginia.

But as it always is, the show goes on. Huggins has done this for three decades plus. Thanks for the memories, Dev. Next man up.
Exactly. Next. If Calipari can win National Championships with one and dones we ought to be able to at least make the NCAAs with 3 and dones.

You get it Keatons but some on here are refusing to give this kid credit. I'm Pitt guy that has been to Morgantown 100 times for WVU games over my lifetime. Root for WVU as long as they don't play Pitt. I would love to have Williams. When he goes off with each double double these guys talk about how good he is. Now that he has left the same guys say he basically has no professional talent and he needs Hugy.

No, I think most people on here are saying he does not have NBA talent, which is true. And I don't think anyone thinks bad of him. And yes, Huggs made him into a really good player. Hate him all you want, Huggs is one of the best.

You get it Keatons but some on here are refusing to give this kid credit. I'm Pitt guy that has been to Morgantown 100 times for WVU games over my lifetime. Root for WVU as long as they don't play Pitt. I would love to have Williams. When he goes off with each double double these guys talk about how good he is. Now that he has left the same guys say he basically has no professional talent and he needs Hugy.

Just pointing out a guy is not good enough for the NBA is not an insult. I know some use it as such, but the truth is Devin is a good college player yet not good enough to play in the NBA at this point. I'd take Kevin Jones back over Devin and in Jones senior season I said he wasn't good enough to play solid minutes in the NBA.

Just pointing out a guy is not good enough for the NBA is not an insult. I know some use it as such, but the truth is Devin is a good college player yet not good enough to play in the NBA at this point. I'd take Kevin Jones back over Devin and in Jones senior season I said he wasn't good enough to play solid minutes in the NBA.

Fine Bell Tolls but he and his agent know there is a pro team out there that will pay him a nice salary to come play for their team.

No, I think most people on here are saying he does not have NBA talent, which is true. And I don't think anyone thinks bad of him. And yes, Huggs made him into a really good player. Hate him all you want, Huggs is one of the best.

Love Huggy and always have. HOFer for sure. Wish he was at Pitt. Now try to stay on point and tell me why DW shouldn't go make a living playing pro basketball. You and everyone else says he doesn't have NBA potential, which I basically agree that he doesn't. so why on earth would he stay for another year if he will never get to the NBA. You guys that say he isn't NBA worthy make an argument for him going overseas the easiest argument of all time.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
But he can make money while trying to develop his game. So you are wrong. Why is this so hard to understand?
Why is it so important to you to point out who you think is wrong? Also, I understand he can get some better and get paid. But why not get maximally better? More money will follow that way. And, you're better. If he can improve more with an overseas pro team or developmental league team than he can an extra year at WVU, then why not explain that instead of what you typed?

Why is it so important to you to point out who you think is wrong? Also, I understand he can get some better and get paid. But why not get maximally better? More money will follow that way. And, you're better. If he can improve more with an overseas pro team or developmental league team than he can an extra year at WVU, then why not explain that instead of what you typed?

Let it go buddy DW agrees with me. Have a good night.

Didn't the OP also say things 'must have changed' when Williams was considering staying ? It's hard not to be right (while ignoring also being incorrect) when you pretty much predict every scenario.

Somebody is paying attention to the SOP on this board. Predict yes, no and maybe and one of them will come true, then you can beat your chest.

The important thing, of course, is that Devin got an agent, so he can't return to WVU. It doesn't matter who got it right, or got it first. What it means to my alma mater is all I care about.

Also, I don't know why people come here to excorciate someone who dissed a Mountaineer 3 games back when that Mountaineer has a good game.

All that counts is what happens to Dana and Huggins' teams.

I would have preferred that Devin stay, because I think WVU would be better for it.

But I wish him well, although I think the deck is stacked against him in the NBA. Maybe in Europe, though, where he can have a decent living for a few years. But then he'll need long-term career plan that doesn't involve playing basketball.

"But then he'll need long-term career plan that doesn't involve playing basketball."

it's called coaching basketball....

I think Devin can play a long time in Europe. His main skill is rebounding, and that's just an extension of his strength and instincts....two qualities that don't really diminish.

He doesn't rely on speed, or athletic ability.

If coaching is a future goal of his, hopefully he begins to cultivate relationships and connections.

"But then he'll need long-term career plan that doesn't involve playing basketball."

it's called coaching basketball....
So you don't think it's a good idea to have a fallback plan in life. A Plan B. How many have focused only on one career, which failed, then had nothing else to fall back on to be successful. College degrees are for more than coaching other athletes to play the game you played. I wish Devin well, but I don't want to see him, or anyone else, put all their eggs in one basket. That's not wise.

lol.... He went to school for basketball.... His MDS degree agrees

Huggins practically considers Devin a son..... And you're worried he won't work out as a young coach if he goes that route?

So you don't think it's a good idea to have a fallback plan in life. A Plan B. How many have focused only on one career, which failed, then had nothing else to fall back on to be successful. College degrees are for more than coaching other athletes to play the game you played. I wish Devin well, but I don't want to see him, or anyone else, put all their eggs in one basket. That's not wise.

Your points are valid but I'm not sure they are totally relevant. I've been served by plenty of bartenders with Masters Degrees and know a plethora of bachelor's holders living at home with mom and dad.

A degree just isn't what it once was and when your job (basketball) depends on your body, I don't disagree with a player gettin' it while the gettins' good...if ya dig.

His degree is available online and Devin might be ahead of the game with credits, but I'm not sure.

Right now his future is more certain than most college graduates entering the work force (and no debt to show for it) so I think we should all get off his back and mind our own business.

I left college without any eggs in any baskets and built a nice life for myself and I'll respectfully challenge Devin to do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogeered_again
I remember way back when I was in school, there was an article about Bill Legg in the DA. He was talking about whether his pro prospects would work out or not. He was quoted as saying if it didn't work out, he would always have his Sociology degree to fall back on. I remember saying to a friend at the time "Yeah, but will he survive the fall?" Times are tough man. Hey, admit it, we only want good players to stay for pretty selfish reasons. Nobody cares much when the benchwarmers walk away. Hard to get upset about his decision. Not our business anyway. Sounds like Devin is a good person with his head on straight and that will take him a long way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT