ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching WVU VS IOWA?

I turned it on and it’s been downhill since. Clearly that is my fault. I’ll go back to reading.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Yes. Watching with my wife and after a Clark offensive foul she says "she will foul out". I laughed. Said "honey, no way they going to call 5 fouls on Clark on her last game on her home court".

Iowa back up by 10. We have them right where we want them. Liking our women's basket ball coach. Hope this exposure gets him some recruits. Awesome attendance at this game and Syracuse vs UCONN.

Iowa back up by 10. We have them right where we want them. Liking our women's basket ball coach. Hope this exposure gets him some recruits. Awesome attendance at this game and Syracuse vs UCONN.
Iowa is Clark. The rest of their team is average.

Game tied 48-48. If not for the slanted whistle WVU is leading.

Team played hard. They move slow enough that it was easy to see the whistle advantage iowa has there.

Down 4 or 6, we go for a layup and get bumped, no call. Funny they never showed the replay when they showed pretty much every play over and over. Girls kept their cool when getting hosed. Good on them

Iowa 16 points in 4th quarter with 14 from the foul line.

FT
Iowa 25-30
WVU 3-5

A team with a supposed superstar player needs officials piss poor whistles to win.
Reminds me of a game against Kansas at Kansas a few years back.

Reactions: Euell
Would you prefer men who think they're women playing on women's team?

Actually yeah. Then it might be real basketball. I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for honesty, but if the wNBA and best teams in the NCAA are any indication, then women's basketball is just bad. Women's soccer, tennis, golf, track&field, gymnastics, and likely other examples I am not thinking of are all still very similar to the men's version even if say the serve/shot velocity or drive length is less. However the overall decrease in athletism from the best men to the best women in basketball makes the game look just too different.

WVU handled the crowd and the home court advantage, had a great scheme to win, shut down Clark in the 4th quarter, but the fouls called in the last quarter were ridiculous, that last foul was totally phantom, nobody within 6 ft of Clark. It was like somebody had money not only on the game but a point spread. None of the talking heads are even mentioning the 30 to 5 foul shot discrepancy. Great job WVU players and coaches, you got hosed but played one hell of a game.

Actually yeah. Then it might be real basketball. I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for honesty, but if the wNBA and best teams in the NCAA are any indication, then women's basketball is just bad. Women's soccer, tennis, golf, track&field, gymnastics, and likely other examples I am not thinking of are all still very similar to the men's version even if say the serve/shot velocity or drive length is less. However the overall decrease in athletism from the best men to the best women in basketball makes the game look just too different.
Interesting point. I wonder what the game would look like if women's rims were set at 9 feet or something that took average height into consideration? Rare to see a woman shoot a jump shot with a nice release at the apex. Even Clark, who is deadly, shoots more of a push shot. It definitely has a different look than most other women's sports. NCAA women's football would probably look way different too.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
WVU handled the crowd and the home court advantage, had a great scheme to win, shut down Clark in the 4th quarter, but the fouls called in the last quarter were ridiculous, that last foul was totally phantom, nobody within 6 ft of Clark. It was like somebody had money not only on the game but a point spread. None of the talking heads are even mentioning the 30 to 5 foul shot discrepancy. Great job WVU players and coaches, you got hosed but played one hell of a game.

Interesting point. I wonder what the game would look like if women's rims were set at 9 feet or something that took average height into consideration? Rare to see a woman shoot a jump shot with a nice release at the apex. Even Clark, who is deadly, shoots more of a push shot. It definitely has a different look than most other women's sports. NCAA women's football would probably look way different too.
Wonder how many holding calls WVU would be flagged for if playing in Iowa?

It takes a lover of basketball to appreciate both men's and women's basketball teams and someone that recognizes it will never be the same talent wise. The problem with many of you is comparing the men to the women and expect it to be the same. Women are different from men, go figure. God made them different for a reason. One has a catcher's mitt and the other a bat and two balls.

Anyone who expects the talent to be the same is just kidding themselves.

The sports you listed above such as soccer is a boring sport were you run and kick a ball. Even 5 year olds can do that. Tennis, golf, gymnastics and somewhat track and field are individualized sports.

I like watching the lady's play for pure enjoyment of being a fan. Nothing wrong with watching Men's basketball or Women's. I'm a fan of WVU so I support both.

You don't like it fine. Just don't watch it or bitch about it.

It takes a lover of basketball to appreciate both men's and women's basketball teams and someone that recognizes it will never be the same talent wise. The problem with many of you is comparing the men to the women and expect it to be the same. Women are different from men, go figure. God made them different for a reason. One has a catcher's mitt and the other a bat and two balls.

Anyone who expects the talent to be the same is just kidding themselves.

The sports you listed above such as soccer is a boring sport were you run and kick a ball. Even 5 year olds can do that. Tennis, golf, gymnastics and somewhat track and field are individualized sports.

I like watching the lady's play for pure enjoyment of being a fan. Nothing wrong with watching Men's basketball or Women's. I'm a fan of WVU so I support both.

You don't like it fine. Just don't watch it or bitch about it.

First, lighten up Francis.

Second, no one said you can't like objectively bad sports. Look at how many people watch soccer.

Third, obviously there are differences between men and women. I acknowledged that. My point is when the differences actually change the sport. Biggest example is baseball. The ability to throw a baseball with any velocity overhand is just a physical impossibility for most human females' anatomy. So the game is changed in certain ways and given a different moniker to account for how much it differs from the original game. Basketball is in a similar situation.

First, lighten up Francis.

Second, no one said you can't like objectively bad sports. Look at how many people watch soccer.

Third, obviously there are differences between men and women. I acknowledged that. My point is when the differences actually change the sport. Biggest example is baseball. The ability to throw a baseball with any velocity overhand is just a physical impossibility for most human females' anatomy. So the game is changed in certain ways and given a different moniker to account for how much it differs from the original game. Basketball is in a similar situation.
fourth **** off asshole.

5 WVU free throws to 30 for Iowa tells the story of how the refs tipped the outcome in favor of Iowa to keep the cash cow in the tournament. Disgusting favoritism!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT