ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone ever heard of Tom Ford?

Let me leave you with a few thoughts:

1. If global warming is proven to be man made and with severe consequences, I will be rigth there with you. But those claiming the science is settled are lying to you and to the country. Science is never settled. Heck, the Big Bang is now being reevaluated because it can't explain dark matter and other phenomenon. When the actual measurements of temperatures comport with the models over a period of many years, that will help me to reconsider my opinion. Thus far, that has not been the case. And many scientists now believe we are about to enter into another little ice age for perhaps 40-50 years due to low sun spot activity. Apparently, the sun goes through these stages that scientists can observe and predict. I am not willing to destroy our economy, pay trillions to 3rd world countries (so they don't use fossil fuels), until we have much, much firmer evidence than we have today. That is why I am in favor of an all of the above energy policy.

2. War. Boom, sometimes war is necessary even essential to stop evil. Surely you recognize that evil exists. Joseph Stalin killed up to 100,000,000 people in the Soviet Union. Hitler killed 6,000,000 Jews and millions more to conquer the world. ISIS wants to establish a caliphate to convert everyone to the Muslim faith and will kill to do so. This evil must be stopped because IT SAVES LIVES. Iran wants to reestablish the Persian Empire in the Middle East. They are seeking nuclear weapons and funneling billions of dollars to terrorists groups, that seek to kill and maim innocent people. And if Iran gets that nuke, I have little doubt Israel will either be destroyed or will destroy Iran first. It's that dangerous. North Korea has nukes now capable of reaching the U.S. and they are led by an extremely mentally unstable man. War is hell, but unfortunately at times necessary. Can you imagine the world if Hitler had won?

Having said this, not all wars are just. And we must be very, very careful before entering won. The costs in human suffering are immense. Even the Catholic Church, as pacifist as it gets, recognizes just wars.

3. You posted this:

I believe States Rights can provide the answer for many domestic policy questions that continue to divide (gay marriage, abortion).

I completely agree with your statement. But that is not what happened. Just the opposite. 9 unelected judges overruled the people and legalized these practices and we have had turmoil ever since. The Founders were brilliant. They did not want the judiciary making laws. That was left to the legislative branch. In each of these cases, the judiciary made new law. And it has hurt the country dramatically. If the states had decided these issues for themselves, most Americans would've accepted the outcome.

Lastly, on aggressive foreign policy, I believe in the Teddy Rosevelt philosophy, walk softly and carry a big stick. If we are pacifist, evil will step into the void we leave. They always have and unfortunately in my opinion, always will. It will lead to more war and more death and destruction. If evil realizes that we will not stand by and let them carry out their plans, they very well may back off.

Take Syria for example. Obama draws the red line, then ignores that line, Assad uses chemical weapons, Russia, ISIS and other groups gets heavily involved and now we have 500,000 dead Syrians. My wife's family has many relatives living in Syria that have now moved to Europe leaving everything they owned behind. This did not need to happen.

Peace through strength.
I'm incredibly biased on foreign policy. My ideal policy has a lot to do with Henry Wallace and John Kennedy. A collaboration of nations, a strong commitment to the UN, and collective desire to explore space and technology, and a commitment to the Peace Corps equivalent to our commitment to military corps. It's idealistic, and dangerous. Its pacifist in nature and requires trust where it probably shouldn't be levied, and commitment to a globalistic "team" concept that requires sacrifice of American supremacy. It's not pro-American, but it's not anti-American.

I'm incredibly biased on foreign policy. My ideal policy has a lot to do with Henry Wallace and John Kennedy. A collaboration of nations, a strong commitment to the UN, and collective desire to explore space and technology, and a commitment to the Peace Corps equivalent to our commitment to military corps. It's idealistic, and dangerous. Its pacifist in nature and requires trust where it probably shouldn't be levied, and commitment to a globalistic "team" concept that requires sacrifice of American supremacy. It's not pro-American, but it's not anti-American.

Boom, Obama tried that policy of a "global team" and eschewed American exceptionalism. It didn't work. Leaders from Germany, France, England all said the same thing. The world needs American leadership. We are the lone superpower with the assets needed to ward off evil around the globe, not as the world's policemen, but when it is in our national security interests and to live up to treaties we have signed. When we don't lead, I sound like a broken record, evil steps into that vacuum. Russia taking over Crimea and now Ukraine. China taking over the South China Sea. Iran destabilizing the Middle East to reestablish the Persian Empire. Millions upon millions of migrants from Africa and the Middle East. None of this had to happen and could have been prevented.

As for JFK, read some books on the Cuban Missile Crisis. Nikita Khrushchev sensed weakness in JFK. He was young and Khrushchev thought it naive. Especially after the Bay of Pigs debacle. So he tested JFK and almost brought us to nuclear war.

Peace through strength. It works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT