ADVERTISEMENT

Any word why Kobe Johnson was a DNP last night?

He butted heads with Eilert in the UMASS game and was held out last night.
With the Perez situation as well, is Eilert hard to get along with? Or is he just a prove a point type coach like when Huggs would cut minutes?

With the Perez situation as well, is Eilert hard to get along with? Or is he just a prove a point type coach like when Huggs would cut minutes?
Eilert may have removed Perez too quickly based on how badly they needed him but he could be a real headache. With Kobe, it was on his end and he appears to be frustrated knowing that his time will be cut dramatically.

Josh seems like a likable guy. The whole situation is just a mess. Roster is kind of all over the place. Several pieces that are fun to watch and would have really been so with a complete team but they’ll be gone before next year. It feels like Eilert is kinda over his head in coaching in game and he doesn’t have a staff with experience to help. Wren said he supports him which he has to say. But I can’t imagine a world at this point where retaining Eilert is even a real considerarion.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and Vernon
With Jesse out, I would like to see us go to a 4-5 guard line-up in the middle of a game to catch the other team off guard. Let's just start running the other team out of the gym. Our team has a lot of ballers, they are just competing for playing time.

Last edited:
I say just let them play. What do we have to lose now? Just like a school pickup game. Turn em loose!!!

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Eilert may have removed Perez too quickly based on how badly they needed him but he could be a real headache. With Kobe, it was on his end and he appears to be frustrated knowing that his time will be cut dramatically.
I can understand Kobe being frustrated. He and Josiah Harris have done everything right. They have stuck with the team when it all went to crap. They filled in while others were "unavailable" for violations or transfer rules. Then they are both put on the bench once those guys are back. Adding to that is the fact that Kobe played very well in Kerr's absence. Now it appears his time is going to be down a bunch, and according to what I saw in the UMASS game, the number of touches is also not going to be satisfying either.

As for Kerr, if this guy was ranked so highly as a PG, how could a team like Radford hold him down? Sorry, but I think we missed badly on him.

Last edited:
I can understand Kobe being frustrated. He and Josiah Harris have done everything right. They have stuck with the team when it all went to crap. They filled in while others were "unavailable" for violations or transfer rules. Then they are both put on the bench once those guys are back. Adding to that is the fact that Kobe played very well in Kerr's absence. Now it appears his time is going to be down a bunch, and according to what I saw in the UMASS game, the number of touches is also not going to be satisfying either.

As for Kerr, if this guy was ranked so highly as a PG, how could a team like Radford hold him down? Sorry, but I think we missed badly on him.
Hard to run the offense when two guys are thinking, "I have the ball, its up to me, must shoot NOW! I understand that they are excited to play but I think they need gradual minutes, Josiah and Kobe need in the game while those two rest and get some bench instruction. Tough spot for Eilert and I hope he gets a HC job at a smaller school so he can work on his craft when this is all over.

Hard to run the offense when two guys are thinking, "I have the ball, its up to me, must shoot NOW! I understand that they are excited to play but I think they need gradual minutes, Josiah and Kobe need in the game while those two rest and get some bench instruction. Tough spot for Eilert and I hope he gets a HC job at a smaller school so he can work on his craft when this is all over.
1. Too many "fancy" pass attempts. Just get the ball to the scorers.

2. Eilert appears to me (pure speculation) that he isn't desiring to be a "head" coach. If so, he would have left for a small school years ago and not stuck with Huggs for 18+ years. So what I see happening is he, and the rest of the staff, will probably end up with Huggs next year at a new location (hint: Louisville).

Eilert is terrible! This offense is nothing but street ball!

And if this is how he rewards the guys who pushed for him and stayed on the team and worked hard, he will not keep these guys!

If I am them, I hit the portal right now! Get out now ! This team is coached horribly and will get eaten alive in the big 12!

Eilert is terrible! This offense is nothing but street ball!

And if this is how he rewards the guys who pushed for him and stayed on the team and worked hard, he will not keep these guys!

If I am them, I hit the portal right now! Get out now ! This team is coached horribly and will get eaten alive in the big 12!
There is a high probability that this offseason WVU basketball will be replacing EVERYONE on the roster, as many returners will hit the portal. I think the beginning of a LOOOONNGG dry period in WVU Basketball is beginning. Sad.

Reactions: Rootmaster
There is a high probability that this offseason WVU basketball will be replacing EVERYONE on the roster, as many returners will hit the portal. I think the beginning of a LOOOONNGG dry period in WVU Basketball is beginning. Sad.
Is there really that many productive players that can return? Does a new staff really want to deal with another guys headache players?

The way the portal is you can rebuild in 5 minutes for just enough to be competitive.

The biggest problem is you will always be chasing a lineup because you can't recruit high school ballers that stay 4 years.

Is there really that many productive players that can return? Does a new staff really want to deal with another guys headache players?

The way the portal is you can rebuild in 5 minutes for just enough to be competitive.

The biggest problem is you will always be chasing a lineup because you can't recruit high school ballers that stay 4 years.
"Headache" players? I don't consider Josiah and Kobe to be "headaches". They remained loyal during a time period in college sports where that word has no meaning.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Didn't Harris miss like 21 straight shots over 3 games until he finally made one at Umass?

Didn't Harris miss like 21 straight shots over 3 games until he finally made one at Umass?
Yep. Called a slump. Kobe played solid up until the game Kerr comes back. Averaged right at 10 points and 4 rebounds per game and a 2/1 Assist-TO ratio up until Kerr's return.

Yep. Called a slump. Kobe played solid up until the game Kerr comes back. Averaged right at 10 points and 4 rebounds per game and a 2/1 Assist-TO ratio up until Kerr's return.
Yeah I don't understand the Kobe situation as he was actually played well. Harris not a big loss to me. If you called his performance a slump then Kerr had a slump as well and still scored. Kerr was also one of the top 2 scorers in UMASS loss.

Yeah I don't understand the Kobe situation as he was actually played well. Harris not a big loss to me. If you called his performance a slump then Kerr had a slump as well and still scored. Kerr was also one of the top 2 scorers in UMASS loss.
Kerr played well at UMASS. Played like sh!t against Radford.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT