ADVERTISEMENT

Any Use of Male/Female Pronouns at WVU is a Violation of Title IX

Critical thinking and reading comprehension skills are good things to have. The author of that piece is seriously lacking both.

There is no suggestion that failure to call some one by the preferred pronoun is criminal. You can file a claim (civil, not criminal) if the refusal to use the pronouns rises to the level of harassment, but occassionally forgetting to use them is not going to get you in trouble unless it becomes a pattern.

The fact that the issue even needs discussion is crazy. What ever happened to rule by the majority? The loonies are poking their body parts into America's eyes and laughing about it. Screw PC crap.

Mountain Dew and Hail West Virginia will have to be changed. "My Uncle Bill has a still on the hill where HE makes HIM a gallon or two." "And now it's time BOYS to make a big noise no matter what the people say."

The fact that the issue even needs discussion is crazy. What ever happened to rule by the majority? The loonies are poking their body parts into America's eyes and laughing about it. Screw PC crap.
The Bill of Rights has always "Trumped" rule by Majority.

Reactions: GoWVU
We (you, me, your children, your grandchildren, your great grand children, your great-great grand childer, etc...) now owe $20 trillion dollars that can never be repaid and this transgender shit is what our government is worried about? Liberals...always looking for a fight where there is none, as long as they get control over somebody.

Reactions: Rootmaster
The Bill of Rights has always
"Trumped" rule by Majority.

The defense of one right should not come at the expense of the rights of others. If these malcontents think things are so bad in this country...leave. I'm sure there is a prison and persecution waiting for them in the Middle East, Russia, China etc. Just go...and have a great life.

The defense of one right should not come at the expense of the rights of others. If these malcontents think things are so bad in this country...leave. I'm sure there is a prison and persecution waiting for them in the Middle East, Russia, China etc. Just go...and have a great life.
If these "Make America Great Again" malcontents think things are so bad in this country...leave. I'm sure there is a prison and persecution waiting for them in the Middle East, Russia, China, etc. Just go...and have a great life.

I'm sure you agree.

Who said I was a Trump supporter? You? Bottom line, tired of my rights being trampled on by others in the sake of their "more important rights". My comments aren't about politics (although yours certainly are lol). Surely, even you GoWVU can grasp that fact...or are you one of the malcontents I reference? Just wonderin'

If these "Make America Great Again" malcontents think things are so bad in this country...leave. I'm sure there is a prison and persecution waiting for them in the Middle East, Russia, China, etc. Just go...and have a great life.

I'm sure you agree.

I like the United States of America, I like the way we all once lived without fear. I like to vote for my choice, speak my mind, raise my voice.................yes, I like it here. But, I do believe that it can be made better.

Warez

What does the source have to do with the message? Here's the direct link to the wvu statement:

http://titleix.wvu.edu/information-for/transgender

And I apologize if I offended zie.

The WVU site merely says you have the right to be addressed by the pronoun you choose. No other mention of pronoun. Not sure where the criminality interpretation came from. If your name is Sue, you can go by either he or she, depending on whether your dad knew Johnny Cash or any other reason.

What does the source have to do with the message? Here's the direct link to the wvu statement:

http://titleix.wvu.edu/information-for/transgender

And I apologize if I offended zie.
What does the source have to do with the message? Just everything. Some historical sources that lacked credibility: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, any N. Korean leader, Jim Jones. With all due respect, the source of a statement is very important.

I'll use any pronoun that is reasonable. If someone doesn't like my selection, I'll see them in court.

I'm sure you agree.

Thanks. I'd like to know 1) when America stopped being the greatest nation on earth, 2) what nation is greater, and 3) why don't the people that think some other nation is greater move there.

I really don't care who sh#2s in the stall next to me...and if I choose to address a person I'll simply use their preferred name. No skin off my back.

.....except the 7 year old next door.... ...I refuse to refer to a child as Rocco.

Reactions: WVmtnBikEER
What does the source have to do with the message? Just everything. Some historical sources that lacked credibility: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, any N. Korean leader, Jim Jones. With all due respect, the source of a statement is very important.

The source of the statement is important. However, you don't simply dismiss the message simply because of the source. You investigate the message, to determine if it is accurate. If the message is true, at the point the source does become irrelevant.

Reactions: WVUDisciples
According to the Americans With Disabilities Act, I can go after anyone who makes fun of my having epilepsy as violation of my Civil Rights. It's pretty much a slam dunk, especially if there's a pattern of other harassment or discrimination involved. A decent lawyer can generally show that in about 5 minutes if there's any kind of documentation.

I keep hoping one of these days I'm going to be lighting my cigars with a loudmouth's money.

I've known a couple of people with severe Tourette's who've cleaned up from cleaning out the bank accounts of assholes giving constantly them crap. That "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing is a wonderful thing when it comes to dealing with knotheads.

The reporter Trump made fun of should try it. He could be owning those "deluxe apartments in the sky." He's got years to file. Don was caught on camera. He's toast if the guy wants to follow up. He could probably get free pole dances from Melania as part of the deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody in Helvetia
You can't go after anyone.

I could stand outside my house and dick on someone/anyone/everyone with ANY handicap without fear of a successful lawsuit against me.

However, when representing a position of responsibility (eq. Representing a company and dealing with an employee) the standards are much different. Even a peer at work can mock and insult fellow employees....it's the company that's responsible based on how they deal with such behavior.

You can't go after anyone.

I could stand outside my house and dick on someone/anyone/everyone with ANY handicap without fear of a successful lawsuit against me.

However, when representing a position of responsibility (eq. Representing a company and dealing with an employee) the standards are much different. Even a peer at work can mock and insult fellow employees....it's the company that's responsible based on how they deal with such behavior.

I can assure you that you can. And I would be very careful of doing what you're suggesting.The law is very specific on this and it's not confined to the workplace.

It has nothing generally to do with the workplace (although that's where most violations occur)....it has to do with people having 'power' and/or influence directly over another person and using such insults without regard to the negative impact.

I can be insulting but I prefer to bring down people for much different reasons than any illness or handicap.

We have got way too thin skinned and pansie ass as a society. Life is full of crap...folks should learn to deal with it instead of waiting to score someone else's money. Pathetic,

The source of the statement is important. However, you don't simply dismiss the message simply because of the source. You investigate the message, to determine if it is accurate. If the message is true, at the point the source does become irrelevant.
If it comes from Kim Jung Un, I dismiss it without hesitation. Same with his soulmate, Steve Bannon.

Thanks. I'd like to know 1) when America stopped being the greatest nation on earth, 2) what nation is greater, and 3) why don't the people that think some other nation is greater move there.
I'm glad somebody on this thread was following along, Soaring. Thank you.

It has nothing generally to do with the workplace (although that's where most violations occur)....it has to do with people having 'power' and/or influence directly over another person and using such insults without regard to the negative impact.

I can be insulting but I prefer to bring down people for much different reasons than any illness or handicap.

Two cases.

There was a kid at an elementary school my kids attended who was mildly autistic. He had one kid who gave him nine kinds of Hell. His parents went to the school, nada. Went to the school board, were told "Action will be taken, we won't tolerate this!" Nothing happened. The word got back to bully's family. The bully's Mom started giving both the mother and the kid crap when they dropped them off and picked them up, and eventually around town. The teachers on bus duty wouldn't do crap, or even call the cops on the woman. The only people trying to put a stop to it were other parents who would break it up or call the cops.

Seriously crazy woman, I suspected crack, but who knows? The bully kept messing with kid, and Mom and her "boyfriend" would threaten the Mother or anyone else who told them to get lost.The family lawyered up against the bully's family and the school. Settlement from the school board. The family of the bully got hammered as Mom was stupid enough to get involved. Civil rights charges against school system and the crazy Mom as she was fool enough to not only get involved, but purposely escalate it. She saw some criminal charges, too. Parents were signing up left and right to testify against that woman.

The bully had to go to another school, lucky them. By the looks of the boyfriend, my guess he was hit with a parole violation, the piss-ant, but who knows? A good chunk of those teachers were gone the next year.

A local school system had to settle with a kid with Tourettes about '07/'08. The parents went to principal constantly to get the harassment under control. The boy was getting beat up regularly, the school would give the kids responsible a couple-three days off, then it would all start again.

The principal was always suggesting they send him to special school, mostly reserved for thugs and the mentally challenged. The kid had Tourettes, he wasn't slow, he wasn't a thug, and he wasn't stupid, he aced his advanced placement classes. He sure as heck wasn't going to get those going to Gangster High. The answer was "No".

The principal didn't dare say it, but the reason he wanted him gone was the Tourettes bothered some teachers and students. The principal didn't have the stones or the grey matter to deal with it.

The fact was, it was a distraction. As the school no longer needed him to drive their precious Westest scores up, they didn't want him around. Letting the bullying continue was the way the principal was going to get him to transfer out. It's been a common way of running off unwanted kids for decades on the HS level, though it's tough to prove, which is why it's used.

The mother was friend's with a teacher at the school, they had gone there as girls and she let her in on what was up when the principal wasn't doing crap. She'd seen it happen before, and she knew what she was seeing then. Dad was a lawyer, he asked if she would mind testifying to it? She said she wouldn't and she gave them the names of other teachers that knew what was up and were pissed. Several were deposed.

When they hit the Superintendent's office for conference with the Super and the principal, they had their lawyer and all those depositions in tow. Apparently all Hell broke lose in the office? The principal was suspended, pending an investigation. The vice principal was acting principal for the rest of year. The bullying by and large stopped. The kid finished up at the area Catholic HS the next year. That had to burn that former principal's ass to no end.

The school board eventually settled out of court and the kid attended college essentially on their dime due to violations of his civil rights. I've got to figure that kid is still sitting on a decent chunk of change from that time in Hell? I hope so.

Never deliberately mess with a lawyer's kid. Those guys will get you.

Reactions: Soaring Eagle 74
We (you, me, your children, your grandchildren, your great grand children, your great-great grand childer, etc...) now owe $20 trillion dollars that can never be repaid and this transgender shit is what our government is worried about? Liberals...always looking for a fight where there is none, as long as they get control over somebody.

I'm a democrat and this is unfortunately very true.

So basically they have the right to be offended but anyone who doesn't agree with them doesn't have the right to disagree?

Reactions: SteelHeadEer
I don't need to read the link...I can believe it. So ?

Did you read the first article, Former Johns Hopkins Chief of Psychiatry On Transgenderism?

The position taken by the former Chief of Psychiatry on transgenderism is that to cooperate with it is to cooperate with a mental illness that brings about significant damage.

Should someone who ...... let's say they are anorexic and dangerously thin ..... but they claim to be overweight? Should we indulge them because they "identify" with being fat? Of course not. They need help or they will likely end up dead.

McHugh says that it is the same with transgender people. He, and the other researcher, go on to document the high rate of depression and suicide amongst transgenders. The conclusion that they have reached, based on years of experience AND further research, is that to assist people who are transgender to maintain their non-biological gender identity is simply a cruel gesture.

This whole transgender acceptance movement that is now in full swing is only enabling mentally ill people to descend further into the abyss of a disoriented mind .... according these significant psychiatrists and researchers.

And "so" ..... that is why this a topic that needs to taken over by sound medical and mental health practitioners and researchers .... and not be the latest hyped up movement about "rights."

The current transgender movement is cruel to transgender people. It's bassackwards.

And further .... and really to the point .... if WVU buys into this transgender movement, which it appears to be doing ..... it will only be enabling mentally sick people to continue on a downward path.

How's that for answering the question ... "So?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT