ADVERTISEMENT

Amazing stat from Kirsten Powers

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
We really are two Americas. But it wasn’t always so. Dave Wasserman of TheCook Political Report points out that Donald Trump won 76% of counties with a Cracker Barrel but only 22% of counties with a Whole Foods, a 54-point gap. Yet in 1992, when Bill Clinton won the presidency, the gap between those same counties was only 19 points.

There is a sense among many “Cracker Barrel” Americans that they are not only expected to accept rapid cultural changes, but they are obliged to never even express a reservation or ask for more time to adjust. The choice is full-throated embrace or nothing.

They wanted someone to stand athwart history and yell stop. Donald Trump was that man. So they made him president.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...p-cultural-worldview-kirsten-powers/93593088/

Reactions: WVUfinance
We really are two Americas. But it wasn’t always so. Dave Wasserman of TheCook Political Report points out that Donald Trump won 76% of counties with a Cracker Barrel but only 22% of counties with a Whole Foods, a 54-point gap. Yet in 1992, when Bill Clinton won the presidency, the gap between those same counties was only 19 points.

There is a sense among many “Cracker Barrel” Americans that they are not only expected to accept rapid cultural changes, but they are obliged to never even express a reservation or ask for more time to adjust. The choice is full-throated embrace or nothing.

They wanted someone to stand athwart history and yell stop. Donald Trump was that man. So they made him president.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...p-cultural-worldview-kirsten-powers/93593088/
I'm in a Whole Food pro-Trump town. I love bucking the trend. :grimace:

Reactions: Airport
I'm in a Whole Food pro-Trump town. I love bucking the trend. :grimace:

Strangely, I am as well. I love Cracker Barrel, especially the country bacon, but I don't have one located near where I live.

Strangely, I am as well. I love Cracker Barrel, especially the country bacon, but I don't have one located near where I live.
This is weird. My wife called me on her lunch break today. She works with a bunch of 1 %ers. She's told me she mentioned she likes Cracker Barrel's store. She said the reaction was as if she said she dumpster dives for food.

This is weird. My wife called me on her lunch break today. She works with a bunch of 1 %ers. She's told me she mentioned she likes Cracker Barrel's store. She said the reaction was as if she said she dumpster dives for food.

Maybe it is because I am from West Virginia, but I love their food . Although my wife who is quite elegant, also loves their food. Go figure

She said the reaction was as if she said she dumpster dives for food.

That would be my wife. She hates Cracker Barrel. We're not 1%ers.

I don't think my home county has a Cracker Barrel nor a Whole Foods. Two neighboring counties have both.

No muffelata for that group.

Reactions: CAJUNEER
I'm a foodie for sure, but I love their Sunday fried chicken breast special with some mashed potatoes, corn, and green beans with all mixed together with some white sawmill gravy poured over the top with a big ole sweet tea. Walk out, put a dip of Copenhagen in, go back to the house and take a nap with whatever NFL game I don't care about, on TV.

I'm a foodie for sure, but I love their Sunday fried chicken breast special with some mashed potatoes, corn, and green beans with all mixed together with some white sawmill gravy poured over the top with a big ole sweet tea. Walk out, put a dip of Copenhagen in, go back to the house and take a nap with whatever NFL game I don't care about, on TV.
Cracker Barrel flat out sucks. Last time I tried to have breakfast there I walked out......terrible food and idiot employees.....never again.

After that meal and a dip, I would need to take the mother of all dumps!

I dont eat pancakes any more but that is the best place in Morgantown for pancakes. i agree about the Cracker Barrell store. we do hit CB for lunch specials at work. I wouldnt call it bad or great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT