ADVERTISEMENT

POLL Alrighty eer's fans which teams....

Choose the Teams u think could be the 11th and 12th conf member.

• Cincinnati

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • UConn

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • UCF

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • USF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Memphis

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Temple

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ECU

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • BYU

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Houston

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Stay at 10 with Or without CCG

Votes: 22 31.9%

• Total voters

xgunnx

Senior
Oct 10, 2011
Morgantown, West Virginia
As Mountaineer and football fans we can debate/discuss as well as speculate about which team(s) the BIG XII could/should invite to the conference.

Sometimes good debates between fans sometimes starts out with "What If." I know its not up to the fans but "What If?"

GetYaNumbersUp, you have any "what if" teams or just prefer the 10 member conference and Round Robin schedule? The Round Robin schedule with a CCG rematch is not very appealing. Im kinda on the fence about the whole situation. I like the RR schedule but i dislike the CCG rematch game.

GetYaNumbersUp, you have any "what if" teams or just prefer the 10 member conference and Round Robin schedule? The Round Robin schedule with a CCG rematch is not very appealing. Im kinda on the fence about the whole situation. I like the RR schedule but i dislike the CCG rematch game.

If you can't get a P5 team (which they can't) stay at 10. Leave out a championship game. It will hurt you just as much as it will help you.

Playing any of the schools you mentioned does not interest me in the slightest. That list you have is a worse version of the now defunct Big East.

Reactions: GoWVU
If you can't get a P5 team (which they can't) stay at 10. Leave out a championship game. It will hurt you just as much as it will help you.

Playing any of the schools you mentioned does not interest me in the slightest. That list you have is a worse version of the now defunct Big East.

The list i came up with are those that have been mentioned by any number of talking heads. ESPN, Sporting News and other various media outlets.

I know it would be disappointing to trade off playing games against oSu, Texas, OU and ISU for any of those mentioned.

WVU Vs. Texas/oSu/OU
-OR-
WVU Vs. UConn/UC/USF

IMO not a good trade off.

I think that if UConn were in the B12 they could very well catch up to more or less the middle-of-the-pack in a few years.
And I think they could expand Rentschler Field by 10,000 seats.
And I think that a lot of people in the Northeast would tune in on TV to watch UConn play WV, Texas, OU, Baylor, OSU, etc.

If we are basing this decision on a school's potential with an increase in Big12 revenue compared to current revenue like the Big12 decision makers are doing (and not win loss records in football like some people here) then for me its Cincinnati and Memphis or Cincinnati and UConn.

In a perfect world it would be Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis and Houston.

Cincinnati gets the Big12 into Big10 area.

UConn gets the Big12 into the ACC/Big10/New York area.

Memphis gets Big12 into SEC area.

Houston gives Big12 domination over Texas and makes Texas A&M isolated from the rest of the SEC.

If the Big12 wants more viewers then Cincinnati, New England/New York, Memphis and Houston would almost certainly guarantee a Conference Network.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leave No Doubt WVU
Personally I think one school who is being overlooked by many and which is a mistake is Northern Illinois.

I picked BYU and was hoping to see Colorado State listed. Those are my two choices.

The latest edition of the expansion Files

the_truth_is_out_there_by_skpltnk-d380eri.jpg

As Mountaineer and football fans we can debate/discuss as well as speculate about which team(s) the BIG XII could/should invite to the conference.

Sometimes good debates between fans sometimes starts out with "What If." I know its not up to the fans but "What If?"

You wanna know the future of the Big 12? Ask this guy

smoking%20man.jpg

Reactions: xgunnx
Those against expansion risk losing Oklahoma and maybe others.

Those against expansion risk losing Oklahoma and maybe others.
Those for expansion risk losing Texas and maybe others.

Watering down this conference with any school that's not even the most popular school in the place the school is named after is a disasterous idea.

What I've found interesting are the majority of the vote are for Cincinnati, followed by BYU then UConn.

A East Division would IMO look like:

WVU
Cincinnati
oSu
Kansas State
Baylor
Iowa State

West Division:
Texas
OU
Kansas
TCU
BYU
TTU

Its only speculation but it would be balanced and not too unappealing.

If you think being middle of the pack in the Big 12 is bad, how do you think we'd do in the SEC west?
All completely speculative nonsense, of course, but under that scenario don't you think they flip Missouri into the West and put WVU in the East?

Guess that's what I get for trying to be even remotely realistic about a BS hypothetical, huh, Numbers? Ha ha

Tulane and Colorado State are probably on the list. I don't think ECU is and I don't think Temple is. A ten team conference is ideal - a larger conference is not. I'm sure WVU would prefer two eastern teams but do they have seven other schools willing to vote that way? Or is it more likely that 8 teams will concur on teams closer to their core footprint? Will they throw WVU a bone and allow One eastern team? Dunno.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT