ADVERTISEMENT

All 3 losses

Bluevalley33

Freshman
Mar 17, 2013
in all 3 losses this season, WVU held double digit leads during the game.

vs Texas A&M - WVU led 18-5

vs Texas Tech - WVU led 42-32

vs Kansas - WVU led 33-17

I think trying to integrate Esa has created some of this.

Until he came back, we essentially only have one player who could really create his own shot.

Until he came back, we essentially only have one player who could really create his own shot.

So it's Esa's fault we can't hold on to a lead? I'd argue that without Esa's numbers against Texas Tech we NEVER have a double digit lead, and we LOSE by double digits.

in all 3 losses this season, WVU held double digit leads during the game.

vs Texas A&M - WVU led 18-5 .....and 26-13

vs Texas Tech - WVU led 42-32 .....and 47-36

vs Kansas - WVU led 33-17 .....and 41-25

Also, leading KU 43-28 at 18:17 mark of second half, a great feed from Dax for a wide open slam was fumbled out of bounds, negating a 17-point lead (45-28) and huge crowd reaction/increased KU doubt.

So it's Esa's fault we can't hold on to a lead? I'd argue that without Esa's numbers against Texas Tech we NEVER have a double digit lead, and we LOSE by double digits.

I'm just saying the chemistry takes time. Who defers to who, etc. Esa has been great, but it's still a change

More one dimensional thinking. I do not see Esa as making other than a positive contribution. It may have cjjanged a few things having him as an option, but I see none of them as really detrimental. Losing the spark and scoring of Allen has also had an impact and much of it may be more negative. He really needs to grow up and be willing to listen and take coaching or he is history (and I am ultra supportive). As stated pre-season we must get consistency from Dax. He shows good leadership in spurts, especially when Carter is on the bench, but his scoring is often needed and to a greater extent than we are getting.

More one dimensional thinking. I do not see Esa as making other than a positive contribution. It may have cjjanged a few things having him as an option, but I see none of them as really detrimental. Losing the spark and scoring of Allen has also had an impact and much of it may be more negative. He really needs to grow up and be willing to listen and take coaching or he is history (and I am ultra supportive). As stated pre-season we must get consistency from Dax. He shows good leadership in spurts, especially when Carter is on the bench, but his scoring is often needed and to a greater extent than we are getting.

Please feel free to read my follow up comment too. A great long term change can create problems in the short run.

You see it constantly in the NBA. All these “superteams” have issues when they bring on a new great player. On paper it doesn’t make sense, but more often than not that is what’s happening. Look at Miami when LeBron first got there. Look at Oklahoma City thunder this year for the first month or two.
Chris Paul to Houston would be an exception. This team had a flow and then it got interrupted. It just happens.

I’m sure the loss of Teddy Allen hasn’t helped either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT