ADVERTISEMENT

ABC cancels 'Roseanne' after Roseanne Barr compares black Obama aide Jarrett to an ape

From a comedic standpoint, her comment was funny as hell, racist as shit, but still funny. I truly don’t care that she got social justice’d. Stay off of Twitter, stupid, and cash your damn checks. Back to obscurity where you’ve been for the last 20 years. You won’t be missed.

I’m sad for John Goodman. This does not Feel Goodman.

Reactions: Boomboom521
I mean...the name of his f’ing show is Politically Incorrect. The hell is HBO going to fire him for??? It’s in the GD name! FOH
Oh so if ABC changed it to the Not PC Roseanne show, then everything would be okay?

Reactions: wvu2007
Today the board liberals found out that they have a few things in common with Roseanne. Both are overweight and racist.

Oh so if ABC changed it to the Not PC Roseanne show, then everything would be okay?

Ok with who? You seem to be confused as to exactly who fired Roseanne. Hint: it wasn’t liberals. It was ABC.

Similarly, if anybody is going to fire Bill Maher it would be HBO. And why would they fire him? For being politically incorrect?

And to blow another hole in your analogy...Maher’s joke was not racist...Roseanne’s tweet was. You’re making a false equivalency.

Anything else I can explain to you?

Today the board liberals found out that they have a few things in common with Roseanne. Both are overweight and racist.

Today the board conservatives defended racism. Which makes it just like every other day on the board.

Ok with who? You seem to be confused as to exactly who fired Roseanne. Hint: it wasn’t liberals. It was ABC.

Similarly, if anybody is going to fire Bill Maher it would be HBO. And why would they fire him? For being politically incorrect?

And to blow another hole in your analogy...Maher’s joke was not racist...Roseanne’s tweet was. You’re making a false equivalency.

Reprehensible speech is reprehensible speech. You seemed to indicate that you’re okay with Bill says because of the title of his show.

I haven't watched her show. I don't care. The fundamental point is, the completely objective legacy media has two different stances depending on who the person is.

Also again, I don't care for Trump. He's an idiot at times, which taints the times he does good. I do like his policy so far. That doesn't mean I cannot point out where the legacy media again, has objectivity issues.
lol

Reprehensible speech is reprehensible speech. You seemed to indicate that you’re okay with Bill says because of the title of his show.

Maher didn’t say anything reprehensible.

I was pointing out the irony in you wanting him fired for being politically incorrect.

Ummmm, not all of us.

Request an amendment to “some” board conservatives.
I don’t see many/any people on here defending it. Seems like a lot of hot air and bull chit from the local libtards.

Dayum!!!

What a beat down!

Maher didn’t say anything reprehensible.

I was pointing out the irony in you wanting him fired for being politically incorrect.
You can find one example in this thread. You’re either intellectually dishonest or just plain dumb - which is it?

typical liberal double talk....freedom of speech is freedom of speech plain and simple....liberals believe in free speech as long as you say what they want to hear...it don't work that way.....darlin

DeEHGhBWkAE0tHW.jpg

She probably should have taken a picture with a fake decapitation of Jarrett - that would have been okay.

freedom of speech...."Trump is mentally ill"......not freedom of speech...."Ape in Heels"....according to liberals....and I'll bet YOU ain't no constitutional lawyer either....just another bleeding heart chardonnay drinker....you can't have it both ways
Were these posts all either defense of the comment or at least an attempt to lessen the severity of the twat’s twat?

On that topic... check this out:

I admit...I did nazi that coming.
I like her. Ever since I saw one of her diatribes re: Hillary from summer of 15. I knew I’s gon mary dat girl. She’s hot as hell. Smart too. Probs a lil crazy though, which is even mobetta.

I like her. Ever since I saw one of her diatribes re: Hillary from summer of 15. I knew I’s gon mary dat girl. She’s hot as hell. Smart too. Probs a lil crazy though, which is even mobetta.

I’ll give you hot and crazy. Personally, I’m hoping her relevance fades enough that she “releases” a sex tape.

The down side to this are the jobs lost for everyone else on the show. They didnt do anything wrong. The down side of hollywood.

I’ll give you hot and crazy. Personally, I’m hoping her relevance fades enough that she “releases” a sex tape.
It’ll be disappointing, she won’t be as hot naked as I think she should be.

Reactions: CpEER
I find it hard to believe that anyone on this board would watch any Roseanne Barr gigs. I think she is disgusting and I have never watched one of her shows. But....I also have never watched Saturday Night Live or the likes of Bill Marr.

Reactions: Boomboom521
I find it hard to believe that anyone on this board would watch any Roseanne Barr gigs. I think she is disgusting and I have never watched one of her shows. But....I also have never watched Saturday Night Live or the likes of Bill Marr.
The original Roseanne earned respect in my opinion because it didn’t seek to create a fake Hollywood atmosphere on set. Looked like a real family house. Married with Children also didn’t try to Brady Bunch it up with the set as well (I can’t remember which was first). But her voice, her humor made the show unwatchable for me.

Bill Maher can be funny, imo. But his conceit just turns me off 100%. I don’t connect well with the people that think they’re the smartest in the room all the time. I was never a fan of his shows.

SNL hit a little bump in the early 2000’s, but has never really sustained the funny for any period of time since Farley and co. — imo

The original Roseanne earned respect in my opinion because it didn’t seek to create a fake Hollywood atmosphere on set. Looked like a real family house. Married with Children also didn’t try to Brady Bunch it up with the set as well (I can’t remember which was first). But her voice, her humor made the show unwatchable for me.

Bill Maher can be funny, imo. But his conceit just turns me off 100%. I don’t connect well with the people that think they’re the smartest in the room all the time. I was never a fan of his shows.

SNL hit a little bump in the early 2000’s, but has never really sustained the funny for any period of time since Farley and co. — imo

I agree with a lot of that. I did enjoy Politically Incorrect when it was on ABC back in the day.

I also have never been a fan of the late night shows. To me they are just plain boring....I would rather watch a show like NOVA which which has been on public tv for years and years.

I also have never been a fan of the late night shows.
Come on....Johnny was the man! Dave was great before he switched to CBS. Conan had some punch early on. I never really liked Leno or Kimmel (although celebrity tweets is pretty funny), and Fallon isn’t bad. Colbert can be really funny, imo, but he needs to branch out of the Trump rut.

Come on....Johnny was the man! Dave was great before he switched to CBS. Conan had some punch early on. I never really liked Leno or Kimmel (although celebrity tweets is pretty funny), and Fallon isn’t bad. Colbert can be really funny, imo, but he needs to branch out of the Trump rut.

I watched Leno growing up. I've never cared for Conan's monologues but his skits and quick wit in impromptu videos is better than anyone today.

if they are going to cancel Roseanne for "repugnant comments" then CNN, MSNBC, Saturday Night Live .The View, Jimmy Kimmel and a whole lot of shows should get cancellation notices also...it's really funny how liberals say anything they want under the guise of "free speech" but scream like little whiny bitches when the "free speech " is used against one of their own........dance puppets dance

I suspect that if any public figure on any of the networks you mentioned suggested that a person of African heritage was in some way related to an ape, they wouldn’t be long for the airwaves. It would probably even happen to someone on Fox.

Remember what happened to Howard Cosell? Don Imus’s “nappy headed hoes” comment?

In the end, Roseanne brought it on herself. Never watched her old show, or her new show.

This one was bullshit. The outrage at Imus was what turned me full on against liberal faux outrage.

The point is, no one forced her to tweet that comment. She did it of her own free will and now she’s paying the price.

I thought Michelle Wolfe’s comments were tasteless and not even funny. She’s paying the price too, but she doesn’t have as much on the line as Roseanne.

This one was bullshit. The outrage at Imus was what turned me full on against liberal faux outrage.

You really thought Imus calling the Rutgers women’s basketball team a bunch of “nappy headed hoes” was OK?

At best, it was a stupid thing to say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT