ADVERTISEMENT

ABC cancels 'Roseanne' after Roseanne Barr compares black Obama aide Jarrett to an ape

Well you were right so congrats.

But you still seem to be confused about what freedom of speech means. So I’m guessing you weren’t a constitutional lawyer so that makes me feel a little better.
freedom of speech...."Trump is mentally ill"......not freedom of speech...."Ape in Heels"....according to liberals....and I'll bet YOU ain't no constitutional lawyer either....just another bleeding heart chardonnay drinker....you can't have it both ways

freedom of speech...."Trump is mentally ill"......not freedom of speech...."Ape in Heels"....according to liberals....and I'll bet YOU ain't no constitutional lawyer either....just another bleeding heart chardonnay drinker....you can't have it both ways
I truly don't think you understand freedom of speech at all.

Reactions: Boomboom521
And yet the network had every right to fire her. Funny how that works.

Reactions: Boomboom521
THE “I never even liked Roseanne anyway.”

Also THE: “Look at how badly poor Roseanne is being treated! It’s an injustice!”

I haven't watched her show. I don't care. The fundamental point is, the completely objective legacy media has two different stances depending on who the person is.

Also again, I don't care for Trump. He's an idiot at times, which taints the times he does good. I do like his policy so far. That doesn't mean I cannot point out where the legacy media again, has objectivity issues.

Sweetheart you are so far gone that it might be hopeless. But I’ll say again this again...slowly... in hopes that it gets through to you: Roseanne is not going to jail therefore her freedom of speech has not been violated. She lost her job because what she says has consequence.

This goes for every single person in this country. You’re not a victim, babydoll. I’m not having anything both ways unless you are offering up you and your wife, sugartits.

This is quite funny for me. I didn't know Valarie Jarrett was not caucasian until this incident.

Sweetheart you are so far gone that it might be hopeless. But I’ll say again this again...slowly... in hopes that it gets through to you: Roseanne is not going to jail therefore her freedom of speech has not been violated. She lost her job because what she says has consequence.

This goes for every single person in this country. You’re not a victim, babydoll. I’m not having anything both ways unless you are offering up you and your wife, sugartits.
Pretty simple - she did something that is against company policy or standards of behavior...so she suffered the consequences.

I haven't watched her show. I don't care. The fundamental point is, the completely objective legacy media has two different stances depending on who the person is.

Also again, I don't care for Trump. He's an idiot at times, which taints the times he does good. I do like his policy so far. That doesn't mean I cannot point out where the legacy media again, has objectivity issues.

So you think it was ok for Roseanne to say what she said? Yes or no. Because that is what happened here in this instance. You are in a thread about her show being canceled over some racist ass tweets...and trying to argue media bias because she is rightfully being held accountable. I mean...come on. The persecution complex gets old.

there is no explaining anything to people like you....your hatred of anything Trump or conservative has poisoned your water....good luck for the next 6 years....if you stroke out I hope your obamacare covers it

So you think it was ok for Roseanne to say what she said? Yes or no. Because that is what happened here in this instance. You are in a thread about her show being canceled over some racist ass tweets...and trying to argue media bias because she is rightfully being held accountable. I mean...come on. The persecution complex gets old.

I'm fine with her being cancelled. It's a private entity, they can do what they want.

I'm fine with the NFL telling their players to stand after public reaction. It's a private entity, they can do what they want.

Pretty simple - she did something that is against company policy or standards of behavior...so she suffered the consequences.

Pretty simple indeed. Let’s see how the “don’t protest during the anthem” crowd takes this news. Early returns are not promising.

it was perfectly ok for her to say what she said...it was her opinion...and anyone can express an opinion no matter how stupid it is.......you and your liberal cohorts demonstrate this principle every day

Pretty simple indeed. Let’s see how the “don’t protest during the anthem” crowd takes this news. Early returns are not promising.
Well is it an NFL policy that players must stand for the anthem? If it is, then they shouldn't cry when they get hit with a fine or whatever the consequence will be.

there is no explaining anything to people like you....your hatred of anything Trump or conservative has poisoned you water....good luck for the next 6 years....if you stroke out I hope your obamacare covers it

Honestly, I don't find that many on here that hate anything/everything conservative. Hating Trump seems to be more the case here.

No doubt insensitive. Probably would have never happened in this day and age. ABC obviously was well aware of this when they hired him. I mean...that show was a pretty big show back in the day. But feel free to start a petition to get him fired.

Now the others...you’re a code guy...you do know I said AND.

it was perfectly ok for her to say what she said...it was her opinion...and anyone can express an opinion no matter how stupid it is.......you and your liberal cohorts demonstrate this principle every day

And ABC was perfectly ok in cancelling her show because of it. What’s so hard to understand?

Well is it an NFL policy that players must stand for the anthem? If it is, then they shouldn't cry when they get hit with a fine or whatever the consequence will be.

I haven’t seen any crying. I’ve seen support from owners saying they will pay the fine. Long way to football season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the policy changed.

No arguing that the NFL sets the rules though. But also no arguing that people have completely missed the point and have twisted the protests into something they’re not.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Big Skipbowski
No doubt insensitive. Probably would have never happened in this day and age. ABC obviously was well aware of this when they hired him. I mean...that show was a pretty big show back in the day. But feel free to start a petition to get him fired.

Translation: It's fine that ABC has two standards.

Now the others...you’re a code guy...you do know I said AND.

I took the liberal view of the word AND.

Why do entertainers tweet anything?

Like business owners proudly displaying their political beliefs. I don't get it. The owner of Stewart's Hot Dogs got on his high horse last week wanting everyone to praise him for "volunteering" to offer his employees Hep A shots. Then it degraded to insulting drug addicts. Then it spiraled to "I knew someone would die from this." Then it went to "I'm a proud trump supporter." Then, since I commented and he saw my profile page with a WVU shirt, he decided to post "go herd." Then I told him his hot dogs taste like shit and posted 12-0; that seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back. He then deleted all of the comments and there were hundreds. LOL!

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
Like business owners proudly displaying their political beliefs. I don't get it. The owner of Stewart's Hot Dogs got on his high horse last week wanting everyone to praise him for "volunteering" to offer his employees Hep A shots. Then it degraded to insulting drug addicts. Then it spiraled to "I knew someone would die from this." Then it went to "I'm a proud trump supporter." Then, since I commented and he saw my profile page with a WVU shirt, he decided to post "go herd." Then I told him his hot dogs taste like shit and posted 12-0; that seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back. He then deleted all of the comments and there were hundreds. LOL!
cool story bro

Translation: It's fine that ABC has two standards.

I took the liberal view of the word AND.

ABC’s standard is to make themselves as much money as they possibly can. No more, no less. You’re fooling yourself if you think they are trying to play morality police here. You are ascribing human reasoning to this decision by a corporation. That’s foolish. If they weren’t worried about ratings then Roseanne would still have a job. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT