ADVERTISEMENT

A Colorado court makes it official: Trump is an insurrectionist

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
It says a lot about Repubs who support Trump and deny reality daily on this board.

In the meantime, we should not underestimate the significance of this moment. The Colorado court has put on the record what the former president has long denied, namely that Donald Trump engaged in an insurrection designed to overthrow the American Constitution and keep him in office in defiance of the people’s will.

As historian Timothy Snyder reminds us, “to abandon facts is to abandon freedom.” Because Judge Wallace has stood firmly by the facts, she delivered a decisive rebuke to those in our own country who would “abandon freedom” by ignoring the truth of what Donald Trump did on Jan. 6.

• Haha
Reactions: Gunny46
It says a lot about Repubs who support Trump and deny reality daily on this board.

In the meantime, we should not underestimate the significance of this moment. The Colorado court has put on the record what the former president has long denied, namely that Donald Trump engaged in an insurrection designed to overthrow the American Constitution and keep him in office in defiance of the people’s will.

As historian Timothy Snyder reminds us, “to abandon facts is to abandon freedom.” Because Judge Wallace has stood firmly by the facts, she delivered a decisive rebuke to those in our own country who would “abandon freedom” by ignoring the truth of what Donald Trump did on Jan. 6.
Nice try....but again you have failed.
The U.S. Senate found former President Donald Trump NOT GUILTY on the impeachment charge of inciting an insurrection.
Also....Jack Smith or anyone else has ever charged former President Donald Trump with insurrection.

The U.S. Senate found former President Donald Trump NOT GUILTY on the impeachment charge of inciting an insurrection.
Also....Jack Smith or anyone else has ever charged former President Donald Trump with insurrection.

Maybe Florida and Georgia Governors should do the same thing to all Democrats. Just make up some bullshit and do it. Other States could do the same thing.

Reactions: Airport
Democrats intimidating the Supreme Court. They were at their house.

Schumer says he sees no issue with peaceful protests at houses of Supreme Court justices​

What is that nonsense? Do you have anything to say about the article I posted? If this plays out as it should, he won't be on the ballot in Colorado and maybe a couple other states.

What is that nonsense? Do you have anything to say about the article I posted? If this plays out as it should, he won't be on the ballot in Colorado and maybe a couple other states.

What are talking about? This is a stupid tactic that is only making Trump more popular. But if you idiots want to keep trying have at it.

So Trump was arrested, charged, then put on trial and convicted in a court of law in Colorado, or any other city, state or federal court for insurrection?

So Trump was arrested, charged, then put on trial and convicted in a court of law in Colorado, or any other city, state or federal court for insurrection?
As Judge Sarah Wallace puts it in her 102-page decision: “The court finds that . . .Trump engaged in an insurrection on January 6, 2021 through incitement, and that the First Amendment does not protect Trump’s speech.”

The court’s extensive findings include “Trump’s history with political extremists.” The court noted that “violent far right extremists understood that Trump’s calls to “‘fight’… were . . . literal calls to violence by these groups, while Trump’s statements negating that sentiment . . . existed to . . . create plausible deniability.”

Judge Wallace determined that “Trump knew his violent supporters understood his statements this way, and… were intended to incite violence” and “planted the seed” for the storming of the Capitol. Notably, she also found that “Trump knew he had lost the election.”

The judge highlights what Trump did as the Capitol siege unfolded. She notes that his video at 4:17 pm that day served to “endorse the actions of the mob in trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power. It did not condemn the mob but instead . . . praised them.”

In building to her conclusion, Judge Wallace finds that at the time of the 14th Amendment’s ratification, “insurrection” was understood “to refer to any public use of force or threat of force by a group of people to hinder or prevent the execution of law.” What Trump did and said, Wallace concludes, qualifies under that definition.

Last edited:
As Judge Sarah Wallace puts it in her 102-page decision: “The court finds that . . .Trump engaged in an insurrection on January 6, 2021 through incitement, and that the First Amendment does not protect Trump’s speech.”

The court’s extensive findings include “Trump’s history with political extremists.” The court noted that “violent far right extremists understood that Trump’s calls to “‘fight’… were . . . literal calls to violence by these groups, while Trump’s statements negating that sentiment . . . existed to . . . create plausible deniability.”

Judge Wallace determined that “Trump knew his violent supporters understood his statements this way, and… were intended to incite violence” and “planted the seed” for the storming of the Capitol. Notably, she also found that “Trump knew he had lost the election.”

The judge highlights what Trump did as the Capitol siege unfolded. She notes that his video at 4:17 pm that day served to “endorse the actions of the mob in trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power. It did not condemn the mob but instead . . . praised them.”

In building to her conclusion, Judge Wallace finds that at the time of the 14th Amendment’s ratification, “insurrection” was understood “to refer to any public use of force or threat of force by a group of people to hinder or prevent the execution of law.” What Trump did and said, Wallace concludes, qualifies under that definition.

Who cares what she thinks. She left him on the ballot. Nobody cares the far left judge hates the man. In a few more years idiots of your ideology will be trying to convince us President Jimmy Carter was too far right.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
What else can they do to him? Obviously their policies have failed to beat him. They spied on him trying to frame him for "colluding" to steal the '16 election and that blew up in their losing faces. As you mentioned Impeachment didn't stop him. Yes they used a fake plandemic & cheated to get him out of office but he's more popular now than ever for re-election. They're trying to sue him for "insurrection" (which he hasn't even been charged with btw) and they're trying to keep him off the ballots tying him up in court on various frivolous charges.

All that's left for them is to "eliminate" him just as that Leftist Congressman let slip out when he was commenting on how Trump cannot be allowed back into the WH! Maybe we should ask @moe how they can stop Trump?

How about it @moe ...got any ideas?
@moe
230.jpg
Well if you Trumpers have noticed, I've been doing my part on this forum posting endless "smear" hit pieces about Trump. I have to believe at some point some of that sludge eventually sticks to his Orange ass huh?

Keep trying @moe , at least you're doing all you have left.

Hey...I resent that 'ya know?
iu

Well why creepy Joe? 'Ol @moe over there obviously has zero confidence in your ability to take Trump out based on your own pitiful record...why do 'ya think he's mired in the mud in the first place?

Guess I hadn't thought of that?
iu

Last edited:
Nonsense...I read the entire article.....as well as many related articles from various sources.

It's only an opinion from this judge. She should have brought insurrection charges against Trump if she thought he did it.

She did not remove him from the ballot....maybe a higher Colorado court will.....but the SCOTUS might keep him on the ballot.

The democratic way is to let the people of Colorado decide when they cast their ballots.

Are you afraid of him being on the ballot?

Last edited:
Nonsense...I read the entire article.....as well as many related articles from various sources.

It's only an opinion from this judge......not a jury....and who defended Trump regarding her insurrection opinion.....any Trump legal people.

She did not remove him from the ballot....maybe a higher Colorado court will.....but the SCOTUS might keep him on the ballot.

The democratic way is to let the people of Colorado decide when they cast their ballots.

Are you afraid of him being on the ballot?
Congrats on finally reading the article lol. No jury since it wasn't a trial and the judge is just stating the obvious regarding him being an insurrectionist. I think it will go to the SCOTUS and they'll make up some BS to keep him on the ballot while ignoring the facts and law. Trump defenders like to say taking him off the ballot would be election interference but putting someone on the ballot who should have been eliminated by the 14th Amendment would be the biggest error. If he makes the ballot, Joe will beat him worse than last time. Trump is looking to pad his resume with some felony convictions in the meantime. good times.

Congrats on finally reading the article lol. No jury since it wasn't a trial and the judge is just stating the obvious regarding him being an insurrectionist. I think it will go to the SCOTUS and they'll make up some BS to keep him on the ballot while ignoring the facts and law. Trump defenders like to say taking him off the ballot would be election interference but putting someone on the ballot who should have been eliminated by the 14th Amendment would be the biggest error. If he makes the ballot, Joe will beat him worse than last time. Trump is looking to pad his resume with some felony convictions in the meantime. good times.
Wow...you covered all you bases. Question....if this judge felt Trump was GUILTY why did she let him stay on the ballot....her stated reason was comical.
I'll tell you why....because if she kept him off and ruled because he committed insurrection.....she would have been made to be the fool she is.
Just an FYI....you boy Joe....will NOT be on the NOV. 24 ballot.

Hey @bornaneer ask @moe to give you three of his best reasons why creepy Joe wipes the floor with Trump in '24? If what he posted in #14 is true:
Joe will beat him worse than last time
It should not stun him into silence answering you with creepy Joe's 3 strongest attributes going into his next "record" vote re-election?

Ask him, let's hear his best argument for our infirmed, impotent, incontinent, incompetent leader?

Last edited:
Reactions: bornaneer
Wow...you covered all you bases. Question....if this judge felt Trump was GUILTY why did she let him stay on the ballot....her stated reason was comical.
I'll tell you why....because if she kept him off and ruled because he committed insurrection.....she would have been made to be the fool she is.
Just an FYI....you boy Joe....will NOT be on the NOV. 24 ballot.
She made the 'hard' determination that he was an insurrectionist then got the easy part wrong (or just chickened out) about him being eligible to run for office. So anyone who rules to keep Trump off the ballot because he's an insurrectionist is a fool? lol Take that up with the inconvenient 14th Amendment.

Repeat after me ... her opinion does not make it facts.

Reactions: bornaneer
She made the 'hard' determination that he was an insurrectionist then got the easy part wrong (or just chickened out) about him being eligible to run for office. So anyone who rules to keep Trump off the ballot because he's an insurrectionist is a fool? lol Take that up with the inconvenient 14th Amendment.
I don't have to take anything up with the 14th......you do....not me.
Again......I know it might be hard......President Trump has NEVER been charged with insurrection.
If he has committed insurrection....Jack Smith, Garland and Biden would have been all over it like dogs in heat.

Repeat after me ... her opinion does not make it facts.
Isn't it interesting how the very thing the Left accuses Trump of blatantly inspiring... an "insurrection" he's never been either formally charged with or even convicted of?

Also, I asked @moe to tell me when before in history an "insurrection" against a seated Government has ever been attempted UNARMED?????

Guess what? He never answered. Know why? The answer is NEVER!!!!! :rolleyes:

I don't have to take anything up with the 14th......you do....not me.
Again......I know it might be hard......President Trump has NEVER been charged with insurrection.
If he has committed insurrection....Jack Smith, Garland and Biden would have been all over it like dogs in heat.
I like 14A, all good here. Not sure why you're repeating that. The judge doesn't care about your findings. If the judge says you're an insurrectionist, then you're an insurrectionist which is one half of this ruling. If Trump fails the other half (does it apply to him - it does) on appeal then 14A says no place on the ballot for him but crooked SCOTUS will save him.

I like 14A, all good here. Not sure why you're repeating that. The judge doesn't care about your findings. If the judge says you're an insurrectionist, then you're an insurrectionist which is one half of this ruling.
Why haven't you accepted the finding that Trump wasn't guilty of "collusion"? Didn't a jury (ie: the U.S. Senate) essentially make your argument against that charge levied by loser Democrats?

Curious why you've never to this day accepted that finding after a full trial, yet with no trial you accept what this Judge didn't even have the temerity to issue a formal ruling on?

@moe
230.jpg
It's a very dangerous thing to take me at my word.

So the 14th Amendment is wrong in your opinion? You feel that insurrectionists should be able to run for office?
No...it's not wrong.......when has Trump ever been arrested and convicted of being an "insurrectionist" ?
US Senate acquitted former President Donald Trump of ‘incitement of insurrection’

I like 14A, all good here. Not sure why you're repeating that. The judge doesn't care about your findings. If the judge says you're an insurrectionist, then you're an insurrectionist which is one half of this ruling. If Trump fails the other half (does it apply to him - it does) on appeal then 14A says no place on the ballot for him but crooked SCOTUS will save him.
US Senate acquits former President Donald Trump of ‘incitement of insurrection’.
Why is the SCOTUS crooked.....you have zero respect.

No...it's not wrong.......when has Trump ever been arrested and convicted of being an "insurrectionist" ?
US Senate acquitted former President Donald Trump of ‘incitement of insurrection’

@moe has TDS...facts confuse him.

Put down your pipe......If this judge truly felt TRUMP committed insurrection....she would have barred him as per the 14th.....she decided to put her political two cent in.

Put down your pipe......If this judge truly felt TRUMP committed insurrection....she would have barred him as per the 14th.....she decided to put her political two cent in.
She ruled that he's an insurrectionist. No one cares about your theories.

If @moe were completely honest, he'd readily admit most folks who support Trump are the true "insurrectionists" because they oppose the existing monstrosity aka "Leviathan" and the deep State activists who wield unconstitutional power to keep its iron grip over our lives. However the real "insurrection" will come next fall, when Trump is returned to his elected authority as commander-in-chief and designated disassembler of the "deep State".

@moe will require cardio-pulmonary resuscitation at that time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That Colorado Judge specifically said the 14 amendment DID NOT apply to Trump in this case. So the whole basis of your argument she ruled against!
what is the 14th amendment, and why doesn't it apply to Trump?

excerpt:
Judge Sarah Wallace found that the 14th Amendment did not apply in the case of Trump to keep him off the 2024 ballot in the state. The judge said that “president” was absent from the list of positions to which the provision applies along with the specific oath he had taken as such.

*editor's note
The 14th Amendment was ratified after the Civil War in 1868 to keep former Confederates out of the government. Section 3 of the amendment states that officials who have held public office in the country and have participated in acts of “insurrection or rebellion” after having taken an oath cannot return to office unless two-thirds of both Houses approve removing such disqualification.

Again....this does not apply to the President of the United States who's never been convicted of insurrection.

Last edited:

As always, you exceed expectations and prove you’re dumber than I thought everyday. Congratulations!

How can she rule if he wasn't on trial? If no trial, it's nothing more than her opinion, she can't make a ruling. Democrat logic, Take away reasoning and accountability

As his trials unfold, his role in the insurrection will become more concrete.

Reactions: moe

What about the illegal money gains and cocaine of the senile president Biden? He's done more damage than any so called fake insurrection. The far left has triumphed into turning the USA from a free country into a communist controlled America.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT