ADVERTISEMENT

95 seconds to go, up 22 points, Will Grier in game running the ball?

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
Did Dana explain this? We had first and goal at opponent's 5 yard line with 2:30 to go and we still have our first string QB in? What is Dana thinking? Grier takes a tackle on fourth down?

So what? You want to put Grier in bubble wrap or a cone of silence? The best way to get a QB hurt is to over-protect him and not let him do his job.

So it was a day that Kansas scared me till late in the game, but it also was a day that #3 Oklahoma could only beat Baylor, which has beaten NO TEAM this season, by 8 points; and TCU upset #6 Oklahoma State; and Texas Tech barely beat Houston, a non-Power 5 team, 27-24.

Look at it this way: WVU had the widest margin of victory of any Big 12 team today, including two that are ranked in the top 6 nationally. Does that make you feel better, nitpicker?

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia
Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot pretty but we’ll take it, over Kansas, 56-34

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E rectile dysfunction Iowa State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Did Dana explain this? We had first and goal at opponent's 5 yard line with 2:30 to go and we still have our first string QB in? What is Dana thinking? Grier takes a tackle on fourth down?
Dana doesnt care what you think or owe you an explanation.

Dana is an idiot sometimes.
That's the human condition for all of us. And most of us don't have 2.1 seconds to make a decision that could cost us our job. There's that.

WVU is 3-1, had the widest victory margin of any Big 12 team on Saturday. There's that, too.

If Will Grier stays healthy, the sky's the limit. Or the sky could fall and the Chicken Littles will be so happy. That's what makes college football such a great entertainment. The unpredictability.

NO ONE can predict the outcome of every game this season. No one!

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot pretty but we’ll take it, over Kansas, 56-34

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E rectile dysfunction Iowa State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

wouldn't this decision be up to the new OC?
Would think that Jake would do the substituting. Did not watch the game but if scoring again would seem like running it up, then Hell I would put in the fourth man in line at QB.

I just watched the game on reply for the first time and the way our defense was playing I would not have taken the starters out.

I have to agree! There were moments (several, actually) where I was a bit concerned. Kansas was looking pretty good. I was surprised. I think the team was too. I'm sort'a glad that they seem to be coming back but, preferably. not against us.

He was in the game because Kansas was in the game...much to the surprise of Mountaineer fans who expected a blow out lol. The game proved that our Mountaineers are on a par with the two MAC teams who beat Kansas lol.

He was in the game because Kansas was in the game...much to the surprise of Mountaineer fans who expected a blow out lol. The game proved that our Mountaineers are on a par with the two MAC teams who beat Kansas lol.

Guess OU is on par with Liberty and UTSA, both who beat Baylor by a similar margin. You are just a hater. Yea, we have some issues but I will never complain about a 22 point win on the road in conference play.

I have a line with Holgs and will ask him why he kept Will in the game with 95 seconds to play and a big lead. Holgs lays it on the line to ole Warez. I will then let my constituents know what is going on in Holgs head. Warez

I am not complaining about a 22 point win. I think it was great. All I'm asking is why would anyone have your 1st string QB running the ball with less than 90 seconds to go in a total blow out? I don't care how bad you think our defense sucks. We were not going to give up 22 points in 60 seconds with the ball at the Kansas 2 yard line.

From the outside it makes no sense whatsoever. Chuggs can hand the ball off as well as Grier. Kansas was NOT taking time outs to stop the clock with under 2 minutes to go. They were content to let the clock run after 1st and 2nd down running plays. All I'm asking is why would you expose your QB in a game that was over. Period. Was chuggs hurt? Does Dana not trust our 2nd string QB to hand the ball off? Why did he call a roll out play? It makes ZERO sense. Did we need to be them by 29?!?!?

Some of you guys are like Trump supporters. People question one decision he makes and you're like "YOU HATE AMERICA!!!"

Reactions: GoWVU
I have a line with Holgs and will ask him why he kept Will in the game with 95 seconds to play and a big lead. Holgs lays it on the line to ole Warez. I will then let my constituents know what is going on in Holgs head. Warez

That's funny. I don't care who you are! I laughed hard at one.

FYI, ESPN / Van Pelt just questioned the bizarre nature of that 1st and Goal series with the game already in hand. I guess he hates the Mountaineers too.

First, Dana is not the OC. Second, Grier can change the play himself according to what he sees.

It's football. Grier could trip over a cooler on the sidelines and get injured. Grow a pair. Grier has.

Reactions: CockandBoom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT