ADVERTISEMENT

93 is a wonderful number.....

Bogeyman

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
since I am 93 years old today. That makes it 76 years since I enrolled at WVU in Sept. 1947. Several years ago I chronicled those days in a thread titled "The Old Bogeyman Looks Back". Among other things I mentioned that tuition and fees were $47.00 per semester, room rent was $5.00 per week and food was $8.50 for 20 meals a week. The football schedule included such great teams as Otterbein, Geneva and Case Reserve.

My thanks to Vernon and Keenum for this great board. I visit numerous times during each day to keep uip with Mountaineer sports. I do however wish that it would be a kinder, gentler board. It seems that now it is infested by a new breed of "fans"that delight in spouting forth only snide, snarky remarks against Coach Brown and President Gee. Ah well, perhaps this too shall pass.

I will now get down of my soap box, hitch up my Depends and go to the kitchen and see if my Pablum is juussstt right. I'm kidding--I am still active enough to go the gym twice a week and play 9 holes of golf a couple times a week. And you might not want to get in a putting contest with me. Me nickname at my home course is "The Blade"' So, until next year
when I check out number 94--Let's Go Mountaineers!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News