ADVERTISEMENT

$64K question... Why can't Dana recruit a QB?

The difference was NOT JUCO vs Comm College, man............ HE SAT OUT BECAUSE HE WAS INJURED STILL. That is the point I made.

Also, No. Childress was subbed in before both injury and suspension happened in the previous game, as the others failed to move the ball. What did Childress do? He got 2 first downs and then rocketed one across the middle and it bounced off the receiver's face and into the hands of the DB for a pick 6. The next game, he started and played well until he was injured.

Ok so forgive me for not following his juco stat line. You were just as wrong in saying he won the job and redshirted there. I think the greater point to be made is that all of the qb's that left the program haven't made us look like we made the bad decision. Childress still has one year to change that but I have a hard time believing that will be the case.

The last I heard Childress was hurt and our for the season. Still trying to figure out how we can bring in pro WR's but not QB's?

Thank heavens ole Bobby Bowden didn't get axed down at FSU in his first 4 years.
Why would he? He had already posted seasons of 10-2 in Year 2 and 11-1 in Year 4 at a program that won a combined 4 games in the 3 seasons prior to his arrival.

The 2009 Class also ONLY featured 1 QB in Geno Smith................. had that class done the smart thing and inked a 2nd, there'd have been a 5th year senior waiting in the wings once Smith left in 2012.

The '12 and '13 classes only had 1 QB each as well, both of which transferred.

The problem with the idea of recruiting a second QB in '09 is that in today's college football there is almost no chance you are going to get a guy to sit 4 years for 1 year as a starter. Brunetti and Johnson wouldn't wait their turn and they were in the following class.

Just like right now... out of Crest, Chugonov, Sills and next years recruit someone will not be happy with riding the pine and will be evaluating their options once the new pecking order is established post-Howard.

The '12 and '13 classes only had 1 QB each as well, both of which transferred.

The problem with the idea of recruiting a second QB in '09 is that in today's college football there is almost no chance you are going to get a guy to sit 4 years for 1 year as a starter. Brunetti and Johnson wouldn't wait their turn and they were in the following class.

Just like right now... out of Crest, Chugonov, Sills and next years recruit someone will not be happy with riding the pine and will be evaluating their options once the new pecking order is established post-Howard.

The reason I don't agree with is that Crest won't be a QB next year. IMO he is only a QB this year because our depth at WR is much better than our depth at QB.

Next year Howard will be a JR and we will have the two RS QBs as FR. One of them will start by their JR year at worst. Will the other FR QB leave? Maybe, but sitting out another year elsewhere when you are an unfortunate play from being a starter at WVU doesn't seem like the best move.

My bad on Howard, but won't Chugs be a RS this year unless they play him? That would make him a RS FR next year.

EDIT: never mind...I get it.

Honestly though. Unless Howard steps up in this stretch of games, I don't see him as the starter next year.

Last edited:
This program needs a big time QB and not sure Chugs is big time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT