If you haven't seen the schedule yet:
  • MON 5/28 -- at VGK
  • WED 5/30 -- at VGK
  • SAT 6/2 -- at WAS
  • MON 6/4 -- at WAS
  • THU 6/7 -- at VGK
  • SUN 6/10 -- at WAS
  • WED 6/13 -- at VGK
Not sure if this schedule was due to NBC's demands or arena availability; but IMO, to spread out a 7 game series beyond 2 weeks is a joke. I mean, this isn't the friggin' NBA......is it ??

• MON 5/28 -- at VGK
  • WED 5/30 -- at VGK
  • SAT 6/2 -- at WAS
  • MON 6/4 -- at WAS
  • THU 6/7 -- at VGK
  • SUN 6/10 -- at WAS
  • WED 6/13 -- at VGK
Not sure if this schedule was due to NBC's demands or arena availability; but IMO, to spread out a 7 game series beyond 2 weeks is a joke. I mean, this isn't the friggin' NBA......is it ??
Are they taking the Greyhound or thumbing it between Vegas and DC?!? They just insist on pushing it so late in the year, so interest can wane...this sched is nonsense...

Reactions: Euell
In the first couple days after Game 7 of the Eastern Final, the media analysts seemed almost universally behind (and picking) the Craps. But Vegas seems mysteriously to be slowly gaining support as we approach Game 1 faceoff; mostly as it's become apparent that while absolutely everybody knows precisely how to beat them, NOBODY thus far has been able to convert that into a workable plan of attack (at least while Flower continues to stop everything).

Still, what remains surprising to me is not just to what extent hockey cement heads are pulling for Ovechkin and Trotz, but how much they're actually against Vegas. I still can't help but think it's because most everyone in Canada is just pissed they took out Winnipeg.

In the first couple days after Game 7 of the Eastern Final, the media analysts seemed almost universally behind (and picking) the Craps. But Vegas seems mysteriously to be slowly gaining support as we approach Game 1 faceoff; mostly as it's become apparent that while absolutely everybody knows precisely how to beat them, NOBODY thus far has been able to convert that into a workable plan of attack (at least while Flower continues to stop everything).

Still, what remains surprising to me is not just to what extent hockey cement heads are pulling for Ovechkin and Trotz, but how much they're actually against Vegas. I still can't help but think it's because most everyone in Canada is just pissed they took out Winnipeg.
Media wise yes...they are pushing this narrative heavy...however it carries zero weight in my experience here thus far...Vegas is the chosen favourite amongst average joe and in fact heavily so...people HATE Russian's and especially player 8...

Media wise yes...they are pushing this narrative heavy...however it carries zero weight in my experience here thus far...Vegas is the chosen favourite amongst average joe and in fact heavily so...people HATE Russian's and especially player 8...

I'm glad you posted that, t; important (and quite relevant, I think) to distinguish the sentiments of media versus that of fans. For the record, the few call-in segments on NHLN are strongly biasing toward the Craps, whose fans are understandably excited about the current goings-on (and far greater in number, particularly in the Eastern time zone) .

But with this nonstop media adoration these days for Ovechkin......which I feel, as with everything else this playoff season when the subject is Craps, shows a subtle (but very distinctive) anti-Pittsburgh/anti-Crosby bias......it IS useful to recall that generalized historic fan bias against Russians by (especially) Canadian fans.

Last edited:
I am actually debating switching and going Craps, watching this ongoing rambling intro...did I say PATHETIC? I'm sayin it again. What an abortion to the sport...thanks Bettman ya douche...

I am actually debating switching and going Craps, watching this ongoing rambling intro...did I say PATHETIC? I'm sayin it again. What an abortion to the sport...thanks Bettman ya douche...
A pathetic display indeed "T." However, a Golden Knights fan pouring a vat of horse piss on me could not make me root for the Craps.

League will treat it as a joke as opposed to sending the real message and sayin bye for the series. I'd say by his antics this year he's earned it? When is it enough? Disgusting f'n prick...Reaves does need to litteral tear his freakin head clean off.

League will treat it as a joke as opposed to sending the real message and sayin bye for the series. I'd say by his antics this year he's earned it? When is it enough? Disgusting f'n prick...Reaves does need to litteral tear his freakin head clean off.

I'll be shocked if Wilson is on the ice at the same time as Reaves at ANY time this series.......well, except for those occasions where Gallant TRIES to set it up, and Wilson mad dashes his way to the bench.

Reaves and the asshat Wilson on ice and had a little chat last few seconds...damnit drill him RR!!!
Oops not Wilson...wish it were...
Don Cherry 'Wilson had a great game' ya sure he did Don...ya f'n dinosaur...

So THAT'S the reason why Wilson won't take him on. Meanwhile, typical Wilson in the post game.......absolutely freight trains Marchessault (and probably should have gotten a double minor) and is STILL trying to convince the Press how clean it was. He's simply GOT to be the single dumbest player in the game on ANY level in the Pro game.

I hope Trotz keeps running him out there.......he'll single handedly cost his team the Cup.

I look for Fleury to have a much better game tomorrow night.

• MON 5/28 -- at VGK
  • WED 5/30 -- at VGK
  • SAT 6/2 -- at WAS
  • MON 6/4 -- at WAS
  • THU 6/7 -- at VGK
  • SUN 6/10 -- at WAS
  • WED 6/13 -- at VGK

its been this way for a long, long time. 2 days for travel.

serious question fellas? what was wrong with the wilson hit on marchessault? looked like the high number wearing prick was admiring his pass and got blasted.

serious question fellas? what was wrong with the wilson hit on marchessault? looked like the high number wearing prick was admiring his pass and got blasted.

Lemme try this......there are at least a half dozen ways the dumb **** can put the hurt on Marchessault without making his now-typical predatory beeline from wherever the hell it is he's coming from. He also knows the stripes have their crosshairs right on his friggin' logo, and still he's out blatantly charging.....though I realize that's a seldom-made call anymore.....the guy.

Then again, it didn't occur to me at the time (or until I read your post) that the 5-9 175 Marchessault deserved the blind side hit pretty much solely because he's "Frenchie".....

Lemme try this......there are at least a half dozen ways the dumb **** can put the hurt on Marchessault without making his now-typical predatory beeline from wherever the hell it is he's coming from. He also knows the stripes have their crosshairs right on his friggin' logo, and still he's out blatantly charging.....though I realize that's a seldom-made call anymore.....the guy.

Then again, it didn't occur to me at the time (or until I read your post) that the 5-9 175 Marchessault deserved the blind side hit pretty much solely because he's "Frenchie".....

what the hell are you talking about? charging? lol it was barely interference.

so people can't hit others if they are bigger and stronger? seems like that is what you and people that share your opinion are trying to say and if that's the case, holy fvck, go watch tennis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT