ADVERTISEMENT

10 win seasons

Good for Dana. I'm happy and I am optimistic about the future.

But it wasn't that many years ago that college football teams only played 10 game seasons. And it was even less years ago (2006) that 11 was the norm. More games means more opportunities for wins.

Nevertheless .... a very good season! Coaches and players are to be congratulated.

And we're going to make a very serious run at the B12 champions in the not too distant future.

Good for Dana. I'm happy and I am optimistic about the future.

But it wasn't that many years ago that college football teams only played 10 game seasons. And it was even less years ago (2006) that 11 was the norm. More games means more opportunities for wins.

Nevertheless .... a very good season! Coaches and players are to be congratulated.

And we're going to make a very serious run at the B12 champions in the not too distant future.

Get over yourself.

winning 10 of 12 = 83% winning percentage.
10 of 11 = 91%
9 of 11 = 82%

And, obviously, 9 of 10 = 90% and 8 of 10 = 80%.

Somebody else can go back and look at all of the 10 and 11 game seasons.

Reactions: WVUDisciples
He's 15-3 in his last 18 games.

Impressive for sure.

Also didn't exactly impress in today's game. ...and didn't seem emotionally inspired like we've seen a couple times this season. ...but then... ..the contract was all it done.

Impressive for sure.

Also didn't exactly impress in today's game. ...and didn't seem emotionally inspired like we've seen a couple times this season. ...but then... ..the contract was all it done.

I will let Dana know that he needs to do a better job of emotionally inspiring you...meanwhile, in the real world....WVU is 10-2, 15-3, and Dana has a new agreement worth $18 million.

Some folks win in life, some folks bitch...

I will let Dana know that he needs to do a better job of emotionally inspiring you...meanwhile, in the real world....WVU is 10-2, 15-3, and Dana has a new agreement worth $18 million.

Some folks win in life, some folks bitch...

....so you bitch (endlessly).. ...cool.

10 win season. Speculate however you want, it is a very good thing. DH gets a gold star for this year, we also can reasonably expect to replicate the success next year

Impressive for sure.

Watch his postgame presser. He said he had a headache and looks like he was run over by a truck.
I'll go out on a limb and say that he is sick.
http://www.wvusports.com/mediaplayer.cfm?v=Ii7Msd5iLOg

Great job by the coaches and team despite a difficult schedule.

On to a win is n the bowl and even better things in the future!

Hurdy- find another team, you obviously don't care for a successful WVU.

The first 10 win season was 1922 (10-0-1)
Next one was 47 years later 1969 (10-1)
Then 1988 & 1983 (11-1 & 11-1)
2005, 06, 07 (11-1, 11-2, 11-2)
2011 - 2016 - 10-3 and 10-2 with a bowl game to play for shot at 11.

4) 10 win seasons
5 )11 win seasons

9 season of 10 or more wins
Rod - 3
Nehlen - 2
Dana - 2
McIntire - 1
Jim Carlen - 1

10 wins and not a significant victory. If Gibson were head coach we would have 11 and a sugar bowl berth or possible 12 and a playoff berth. Holgorsen was exposed against the only decent teams he played and our reward is a table scrap bowl game against an 8-4 has been Miami program.

Great job by the coaches and team despite a difficult schedule.

On to a win is n the bowl and even better things in the future!

Hurdy- find another team, you obviously don't care for a successful WVU.

You Obviously have no clue what a difficult schedule is

10 wins and not a significant victory. If Gibson were head coach we would have 11 and a sugar bowl berth or possible 12 and a playoff berth. Holgorsen was exposed against the only decent teams he played and our reward is a table scrap bowl game against an 8-4 has been Miami program.

Loss against Oklahoma State
WVU 421 yards 20 points
Oklahoma State 358 yards 37 points

Loss against Oklahoma
WVU 579 yards 28 points
Oklahoma 485 yards 56 points

Why do those stats suggest "Dana's offense" did its part in the losses but "Gibson's defense" didn't?

ColoradoMountaineer and his 9 wins no excuses not present....totally predictable!

Hey Darth I have been here all along. You and me are the same person we share the same house, same wife even though she likes it when my side is out, same lousy travelling donuts salesmen job. You should have listened when I told you 9 wins was possible instead of making excuses. Don't worry when my prediction for the 2017 season comes out im sure they will be listening. BTW i did keep the board warm for us the week you were in hiding after the Oklahoma game.

ColoradoMountaineer and his 9 wins no excuses not present....totally predictable!

This is my favorite picture of dad what do you think?

th

Hey ColoradoMountaineer ... tell us the story again about how Dana will only get at best a 2-3 year extension with a small bump in his salary.

Hey ColoradoMountaineer ... tell us the story again about how Dana will only get at best a 2-3 year extension with a small bump in his salary.
It is a small bump in pay 3.5million topping out at 4 nothing like the 5 million some on here where claiming. The buyout is the same in year 3 as in year 5 so its not a guaranteed contract like you stated.

It's a $700,000 raise and the contract goes out for five years. A 20% raise is not a "small bump."

It's a $700,000 raise and the contract goes out for five years. A 20% raise is not a "small bump."
What is the definition of small bump? There are allot of coaches making more than 3.5 in the power 5. If wvu terminated him after 2018 he would be owed the same amount of money that he would have been owed after last season . Where is all the guaranteed money? where is his 5 million dollar contract? where are all the job offers? 3.5 mil is chump change for a power five coach.

This thread has now gone completely whacko . ...why some insist on turning this into some Dana vs Gibby plot is completely asinine . Grow up.

10 win seasons use to mean something. Now, they just get you a bowl game vs an unranked opponent.

IMO, the team deserves better. Nobody is saying WVU is a top 4 team. Nobody is saying that WVU is a world beater. But achieving 10 wins should at the very least get you a ranked opponent

Reactions: GoWVU
What is the definition of small bump? There are allot of coaches making more than 3.5 in the power 5. If wvu terminated him after 2018 he would be owed the same amount of money that he would have been owed after last season . Where is all the guaranteed money? where is his 5 million dollar contract? where are all the job offers? 3.5 mil is chump change for a power five coach.
Who said he'd make $5mil? Only seven coaches make at least $5mil. Most everyone I saw give an opinion said $3.5mil to $4mil. There are 25 coaches making more than $3.5mil. Holgorsen is paid more than most P5 coaches.

The first 10 win season was 1922 (10-0-1)
Next one was 47 years later 1969 (10-1)
Then 1988 & 1983 (11-1 & 11-1)
2005, 06, 07 (11-1, 11-2, 11-2)
2011 - 2016 - 10-3 and 10-2 with a bowl game to play for shot at 11.

4) 10 win seasons
5 )11 win seasons

9 season of 10 or more wins
Rod - 3
Nehlen - 2
Dana - 2
McIntire - 1
Jim Carlen - 1
Good post, but Clarence Spears coached the 1922 team that played in the East-West Bowl.

You tell us what a "small bump" is. You're the one who said that would be all that he gets. I think a raise in the neighborhood of 20% is not a small bump.

Could he have gotten more but stressed that he wanted his staff taken care of? It's possible.

You need to quit citing other people's extreme predictions. There were threads in which people were predicting 3.5 and you countered by saying he would only get a small bump in salary.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled posting in which you are the only one who believes what you post ... have at it and pat yourself on the back while trying to convince yourself that you were right all along when darn near everyone knows that you are a knucklehead.

Your serve. And it will be the last serve of this match.

A 10-win season doesn't mean much if you only play one good team all year.

This year it means that we are going to a decent bowl with a shot of finishing in, or very near, the Top Ten.

But yeah ..... other than that .... it doesn't mean much.

You tell us what a "small bump" is. You're the one who said that would be all that he gets. I think a raise in the neighborhood of 20% is not a small bump.

Could he have gotten more but stressed that he wanted his staff taken care of? It's possible.

You need to quit citing other people's extreme predictions. There were threads in which people were predicting 3.5 and you countered by saying he would only get a small bump in salary.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled posting in which you are the only one who believes what you post ... have at it and pat yourself on the back while trying to convince yourself that you were right all along when darn near everyone knows that you are a knucklehead.

Your serve. And it will be the last serve of this match.

Its a small bump 3.5 mil is not bad but not great by power 5 standards. You said guaranteed contract 5-6 years and this contract is not guaranteed. There is a buyout clause in each year and by year three it drops below what it would have cost to buy him out last season. The contract is higher pay but less security. I was right and you were wrong knucklehead

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT