ADVERTISEMENT

Yann's sauce...

bling311

All-Conference
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
Someone has to know the secret. Crack? Meth? Oxy? What drug is in the sauce that makes it so addicting?

Someone has to know the secret recipe! Spill it!
smokin.gif

That's actually the recipe I'm currently using.

It's a pretty solid, flavorful recipe...just not quite Yann's unless I'm doing something wrong (like perhaps making batches that are too small...)

I've tried adjusting the levels of paprika and cumin but still haven't quite got it.

I can't say for sure, (no one can) but through the grapevine I heard

that Russ starts browning his meat with LARD instead of shortening or oil. I've tried lots of recipes that came close but fell short of Yann's sauce, and none of the recipes I tried started with lard. Could that be the "secret ingredient" ? Also, through the same grapevine I did not hear chili powder mentioned, only paprika...... . It's also said that he never measures any ingredient, that he's done it for so long he just "eyeballs" the ingredients. If anyone ever figures it out I hope they post it here, so we can all enjoy - as it is hard for a working person to catch him when his shop is open.
This post was edited on 11/28 1:43 PM by old buzzard

Re: I can't say for sure, (no one can) but through the grapevine I heard

I've heard lard too. And lots of it! On the order of 1/4 cup lard per pound of beef.

I've tried butter and shortening, but no lard.

I just can't seem to get the flavor right though. I've tried equal parts chili powder and paprika, equal parts chili power and cumin, and just can't get it right. It's all been good but just isn't "yann" enough for me.

This thread must not die!

Someone must know!
This post was edited on 1/17 9:53 PM by bling311

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT