ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Oklahoma State

The score doesnt matter. Winning and losing is subjective...all that counts is that we advanced social change.

That's why we play sports, to correct injustice and combat white supremacy. Winning is a social construct that forces participants to accept one group is better than the other...

"Winning" is patriarchal, to actually "win", both teams must lose...."winning" comes from a place of privilege that we must forfeit.

In the 5 wins........

WVU 20 JMU 13
WVU 44 NC State 27
WVU 29 Kansas 24
WVU 24 K-State 20
WVU 20 TCU 17

So, in wins our defense gave up an average of 20 PPG........in losses we gave up average of over 34 PPG

Seems to show that despite the bad stats, the defense carried the day when WVU won. Just like in 2018 when it was obvious that WVU only won when the offense was playing well as the defense was consistently useless and put all the pressure on that side of the ball (i.e. OSU that year). Last year WVU only won when the defense compensated for a consistently impotent offense.

Seems to show that despite the bad stats, the defense carried the day when WVU won. Just like in 2018 when it was obvious that WVU only won when the offense was playing well as the defense was consistently useless and put all the pressure on that side of the ball (i.e. OSU that year). Last year WVU only won when the defense compensated for a consistently impotent offense.

Then the opposite is also true, in our 7 losses the defense was sh!t.

Once Again the air raid strikes again. Win in total yards and friggin lose. We need to get back to what worked. Mobile QB control the clock and run the ball. With actual RUN plays not this vanilla garbage. Full disclosure I bought in on the AirRaid with Dana. But I’ve accepted it’s trash and knew this hire was going to be a bust. I think we are exactly the same as last year. I don’t see the improvement.

but hey NB gives us discipline right???

#trusthefall

Neither had Bill Stewart or RRod at this point in their careers. Don Nehlen wasn't much better after 2 games in his 2nd season. I'm not saying Brown is great, but I don't see how people are so quick to just outright shit on him when other WVU coaches needed at least 2 full seasons to show their stuff. I agree he needs to start showing improvement, but many fans are ready to completely dismiss him despite others coaches who are looked back upon fondly having similar early struggles.
Thanks for saving me the typing.

Then the opposite is also true, in our 7 losses the defense was sh!t.

Not necessarily. I the defense may just not have played well enough to cover the shittiness of the offense. A pitcher that has to keep the game at 2 or less runs per game to win because of the ineptitude of the offense isn't necessarily bad when he gives up 3 or 4 runs in a game. Just not stellar. Defense played well enough for WVU to win against Baylor and OSU last year and it was 100% on the offense that those games were lost. Only the Texas game was a case that the offense played well enough to win and it was 100% on the defense. Rest of the losses it didn't matter if the defense played well, they would had to have been spectacular to overcome the offensive woes. All the wins, the defense played pretty well and allowed the offense to limp past the competition on the score board.

Again, I'm, just asking, what makes you think HCNB is a good coach? I haven't seen anything that makes me think that way so I want to hear from those who do.

Again, I'm, just asking, what makes you think HCNB is a good coach? I haven't seen anything that makes me think that way so I want to hear from those who do.

He beat LSU once and won 2 Dollar General bowl games. That’s about it.

Not necessarily. I the defense may just not have played well enough to cover the shittiness of the offense. A pitcher that has to keep the game at 2 or less runs per game to win because of the ineptitude of the offense isn't necessarily bad when he gives up 3 or 4 runs in a game. Just not stellar. Defense played well enough for WVU to win against Baylor and OSU last year and it was 100% on the offense that those games were lost. Only the Texas game was a case that the offense played well enough to win and it was 100% on the defense. Rest of the losses it didn't matter if the defense played well, they would had to have been spectacular to overcome the offensive woes. All the wins, the defense played pretty well and allowed the offense to limp past the competition on the score board.

So, in your word, the defense is never to blame unless the score is 48-47........got it.

So, in your word, the defense is never to blame unless the score is 48-47........got it.

That is a strawman you are creating. Anyone who doesn't see things strictly as black and white can tell there is a difference between a unit playing so poorly it is unreasonable to expect the other phases to overcome that deficit, playing well enough for a win if the other phases don't under preform and playing so well that it covers the unreasonably poor play of the other phases. WVU defense wasn't great last year, but it was the best unit on the team and it played well enough to win for over half the games last year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT