ADVERTISEMENT

We need to combat Christianphobia

"We have actual patients and clients who have benefited from therapy to help them with their unwanted attractions. We've helped them change their lives," Roger Gannam, vice president of legal affairs for Liberty Counsel said.

smh
Yes. Helping people is a headscratcher.

"We have actual patients and clients who have benefited from therapy to help them with their unwanted attractions. We've helped them change their lives," Roger Gannam, vice president of legal affairs for Liberty Counsel said.

smh
What a fearmongering site and article that was. Classic mod post.

"Libtards" - Christophobia

Christians - Islamophobia, Homophobia, Xenophobia, Xenoglossophobia, Atheophobia, Melanophobia, Pedophobia, Scolionophobia, Technophobia, Wiccaphobia.

Just stay in your safe space. Good grief.
giphy.gif

"Libtards" - Christophobia

Christians - Islamophobia, Homophobia, Xenophobia, Xenoglossophobia, Atheophobia, Melanophobia, Pedophobia, Scolionophobia, Technophobia, Wiccaphobia.
Sheeewwwww, it must get exhausting.

I never have understood why Leftist/Atheist types really care all that much what Christians believe? As Hillary once said "what difference does it make"?

If I were a non believer I wouldn't give a fart rip what type of whacked out loco thoughts they believed or expressed! Makes no difference to me.

I suspect though, that somewhere deep in their dark psyche, athiest/Leftist types can't really be altogether sure Christians are total whack jobs (as much as they insist) and in the off chance they may be correct about a just God who punishes Sin, what if those goofy wacky Christians are right?:scream:

That thought scares the living Hell out of 'em!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I never have understood why Leftist/Atheist types really care all that much what Christians believe? As Hillary once said "what difference does it make"?

If I were a non believer I wouldn't give a fart rip what type of whacked out loco thoughts they believed or expressed! Makes no difference to me.

I suspect though, that somewhere deep in their dark psyche, athiest/Leftist types can't really be altogether sure Christians are total whack jobs (as much as they insist) and in the off chance they may be correct about a just God who punishes Sin, what if those goofy wacky Christians are right?:scream:

The left/atheist sure do hate Christians but they love to slurp the D**k of Islam. Go figure

The left/atheist sure do hate Christians but they love to slurp the D**k of Islam. Go figure

They know Islam is a joke. They're not as certain of Christianity although they act like it's a bigger joke.

If it is a joke, they have nothing to worry about do they? If it's not a joke, they have everything to worry about don't they?

That uncertainty drives 'em loopy.

I agree with most of this. The problem is disagreement with Christianity often leads some loopy loons like this Dude to want to see Chriatians dead. So them believing is not good enough for crackpots like him. They must be killed for their Faith even the little kids.

That's not disagreement that's Evil.

They know Islam is a joke. They're not as certain of Christianity although they act like it's a bigger joke.

If it is a joke, they have nothing to worry about do they? If it's not a joke, they have everything to worry about don't they?

That uncertainty drives 'em loopy.
It forces them not to engage in politics from the pulpit. That's a biggy.

In your opinion should there be politics in religion?

Yet you, as a believer, appear to care what nonbelievers and people of other faiths believe. I'm not faulting you for that, but it's an observation.

Reactions: countryroads89
Yet you, as a believer, appear to care what nonbelievers and people of other faiths believe. I'm not faulting you for that, but it's an observation.

You Sir are dead wrong. I simply defend what I believe, and why I believe it to be truth.

Happy to compare and contrast that with anything else anyone else believes which I boldly and enthusiastically do.

I never have understood why Leftist/Atheist types really care all that much what Christians believe?

We don’t care. Just don’t force your beliefs on others. Like telling others they must be anti-choice/anti-abortion/pro life, they are not allowed to marry people of the same gender, they must stand at attention and in silence at a public function and listen to your prayers, they must pay for statues of crosses and nativity scenes to be placed in public places on government property - violating the First Amendment.

You Sir are dead wrong. I simply defend what I believe, and why I believe it to be truth.

Happy to compare and contrast that with anything else anyone else believes.
It seems like you assign beliefs to other people without asking about them though. As a nonbeliever, I don't worry about what Christians or Muslims, or other non-believers believe. If both parties are interested in having a civil discussion about the topic, it can be an interesting conversation. I don't seek it out, mainly because my beliefs are my own. Yours are your own. I have no interest in trying to convert anyone.

We don’t care. Just don’t force your beliefs on others. Like telling others they must be anti-choice/anti-abortion/pro life, they are not allowed to marry people of the same gender, they must stand at attention and in silence at a public function and listen to your prayers, they must pay for statues of crosses and nativity scenes to be placed in public places on government property - violating the First Amendment.

You are free to ignore any and all of that. However restricting millions of believers from their expressions of Faith or practicing their beliefs is equally demanding of the very freedoms you insist on.

No one forces you believe, worship, pray, stand, sit, or do anything except live your life as you choose. You cannot however expect or demand people who choose to live under Godly authority to accept any behavior any time anywhere, especially behavior morally dangerous to ALL no matter what they choose to believe.

What are those? Sexual promiscuity, particularly among adults who prey on children. Stealing, lying, lawlessness, vice, murder (particularly of innocent Life) deceit, disrespect for our Constitution and Freedoms, avarice, debauchery, dirtiness, filth, and a general lack of respect for law and order.

Anything else is fair game in the arena of ideas. Believers and non believers are free to compete for and win adherents to their beliefs. The losers in that competition can just go home defeated like dejected Pitt fans.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It seems like you assign beliefs to other people without asking about them though. As a nonbeliever, I don't worry about what Christians or Muslims, or other non-believers believe. If both parties are interested in having a civil discussion about the topic, it can be an interesting conversation. I don't seek it out, mainly because my beliefs are my own. Yours are your own. I have no interest in trying to convert anyone.

I don't either Mule. As I said, I defend what I believe...usually against attacks from those who describe me as something I'm not because of my Faith.

For instance, I'm not a "homophobe" if my Faith instructs me that same Sex is Sin. Doesn't mean I condemn someone who disagrees with that, however I'm happy to defend it against someone who says it is not.

I simply argue my standard vs theirs and if they choose to disagree with me fine. That doesn't mean I "hate" them no more than their disagreement on my standard for Sin makes me a "homophobe". They can still play "peek-a-boo in the doo-doo" and totally ignore what I think or say about it.

(another poster used that terminology the other day and it cracked me up)

You are free to ignore any and all of that. However restricting millions of believers from their expressions of Faith or practicing their beliefs is equally demanding of the very freedoms you insist on.

No one forces you believe, worship, pray, stand, sit, or do anything except live your life as you choose. You cannot however expect or demand people who choose to live under Godly authority to accept any behavior any time anywhere, especially behavior morally dangerous to ALL no matter what they choose to believe.

What are those? Sexual promiscuity, particularly among adults who prey on children. Stealing, lying, lawlessness, vice, murder (particularly of innocent Life) deceit, disrespect for our Constitution and Freedoms, avarice, debauchery, dirtiness, filth, and a general lack of respect for law and order.

Anything else is fair game in the arena of ideas. Believers and non believers are free to compete for and win adherents to their beliefs. The losers in that competition can just go home defeated like dejected Pitt fans.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Your post contradicts what you said. You are certainly forcing, or attempting to force, your beliefs on others.

This isn’t a competition.

You are certainly free to practice your faith, non-believers are not trying to prevent that. Don’t force or expect others to practice your faith who do not want to.

Your post contradicts what you said. You are certainly forcing, or attempting to force, your beliefs on others.

You are certainly free to practice your faith, non-believers are not trying to prevent that. Don’t force or expect others to practice your faith who do not want to.

In Texas, non believers are protesting a Supreme Court decision upholding the right of Religious arts performers NOT to conform to demands to include non religious references.

That's forcing non beliefs onto believers. Same with the Denver cake baker. He doesn't want to bake a cake for a same sex couple, but they want him "forced" to bake it.

He's OK with them going to another baker with different beliefs, but they sued him to accept their Lifestyle choice.

Why?

That's good news. Winning minds for protecting innocent Life one precious baby at a time.

Wrong. There is no crime for disbelief. However, disbelief cannot be mandated into the Law. You are free to practice non belief, but you cannot force that onto believers by mandating they accept your non beliefs.

See SUPCO recent ruling on Texas Religious Freedom and Denver cake baker.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVU82
In Texas, non believers are protesting a Supreme Court decision upholding the right of Religious arts performers NOT to conform to demands to include non religious references.

That's forcing non beliefs onto believers. Same with the Denver cake baker. He doesn't want to bake a cake for a same sex couple, but they want him "forced" to bake it.

He's OK with them going to another baker with different beliefs, but they sued him to accept their Lifestyle choice.

Why?
That whole issue is an interesting one, at least to me. I'm not saying that I disagree with the decision, only that I think it gets somewhat complex. I shouldn't find that too surprising since it went to the Supreme Court. Regardless, would the same folks turn away a Muslim couple or a Jewish couple looking for invitations? Would it be ok if they did? What if I want to have a cake for a divorce party, and the baker is a strict Catholic? What if the owner of the business does not have a moral problem with same sex marriage, but the artist who makes the invitations does? Can the owner fire the artist? Would that be religious persecution or would that fall under the existing SC precedent?

That whole issue is an interesting one, at least to me. I'm not saying that I disagree with the decision, only that I think it gets somewhat complex. I shouldn't find that too surprising since it went to the Supreme Court. Regardless, would the same folks turn away a Muslim couple or a Jewish couple looking for invitations? Would it be ok if they did? What if I want to have a cake for a divorce party, and the baker is a strict Catholic? What if the owner of the business does not have a moral problem with same sex marriage, but the artist who makes the invitations does? Can the owner fire the artist? Would that be religious persecution or would that fall under the existing SC precedent?

The bottom line is you can't force someone to accept your beliefs. Period. Don't like the baker? Find someone else. Don't like the performer? Hire someone you do like. Catholics don't like Muslims...go find a Catholic or Muslim you like!

I think Ford is the best automaker, best products, best service (Blue Oval) Can I force everyone to buy Ford?

No. Others disagree with my characterizations of Ford products (particularly GM and Chrysler);)

So, we compete for customers and let them decide who's offering the best products and services. Same thing here.

The bottom line is you can't force someone to accept your beliefs. Period. Don't like the baker? Find someone else. Don't like the performer? Hire someone you do like. Catholics don't like Muslims...go find a Catholic or Muslim you like!

I think Ford is the best automaker, best products, best service (Blue Oval) Can I force everyone to buy Ford?

No. Others disagree with my characterizations of Ford products (particularly GM and Chrysler);)

So, we compete for customers and let them decide who's offering the best products and services. Same thing here.
I don't disagree with your premise. I do wonder if you'd feel the same if a Christian employee of a business got fired because his religious beliefs wouldn't let him design an invitation for a same sex wedding. I'm not trying to say that you'd have a problem with that. I'm honestly curious. Frankly, I'm not sure how I feel about that.

In my opinion Religion is political. It just involves a party no one understands or enthusiastically supports.

I didn't intend this post for you; it was for Brush Bill. But, since you answered, I will reply. Religion is not political; it is available for everyone and outlines a path persons are to follow. Problem with that is people interpret religion to accomadate their interpretation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT